Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

Anyone remember this trip report? :scared:
I'm sorry... who are you again?

:rolleyes:
The trip itself happened over 3 years ago, and I haven't even updated anything in over a year
Sheesh. You act like you've had a kid in between or something.
we slept in a bit. But, we’re at Disney, so sleeping in just meant we were up by 8am instead of 6:30am haha.
::yes::
the Uber driver had no idea where he was going, and managed to get extremely lost inside the campground
Oh, man.
You'd think they'd have tons of trips to all the places in Disney so would be pretty familiar.
a full marathon for Luke!
:worship:
I had hopes of doing even a half some day... my old bones told me otherwise.
One spot was handing out boxes of instant potatoes, and this was the funniest thing in the world to me
:laughing: Because it is funny!
We wanted to check out the merchandise, but the line was absolutely insane
You could've cut the line by bribing someone with your potatoes.

Then again, I'm sure you didn't want to part with it.
We were in the back row, so the border for the on-ride photo cut off half of my face haha –
Are you sure that's you?

Actually, I noticed the coat. For a Canadian to wear a coat in Florida... you know it's cold!
We walked through World Showcase, stopping in Germany to grab some treats from Karamel Kuche
Yussss...
After leaving through International Gateway, we walked over to the Yacht Club. They had this amazing Mickey Village set up for Christmas,
Pretty!
I actually own a few pieces of the Mickey village, including the tree house and the street lights (that actually light up!) from the next picture –

I also own the ceramic tree with the gold ears that you can see in the next picture –
Nice! I hadn't thought those would be available for sale.
She had so many pieces for it that she displayed it on a piece of plywood in her living room – it wouldn’t fit on the mantle or coffee table.
That's me. I can only display about half my pieces. I need to figure out a way to display more... I just don't know what that might be.

I'm sorry... who are you again?

:rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Sheesh. You act like you've had a kid in between or something.

Haha - yeah a 9 month old takes up some of my time - especially since she started crawling today!

Oh, man.
You'd think they'd have tons of trips to all the places in Disney so would be pretty familiar.

Right?! If I was a ride-share driver in Orlando I think I'd want to know the Disney property like the back of my hand!

:worship:
I had hopes of doing even a half some day... my old bones told me otherwise.

I've walked a few 5k - I'm not a runner at all!

:laughing: Because it is funny!

You could've cut the line by bribing someone with your potatoes.

Then again, I'm sure you didn't want to part with it.

Haha - I'm pretty sure I actually brought that stupid box of potatoes back to Canada with me at the end of the trip :laughing:

Nice! I hadn't thought those would be available for sale.

All of my pieces of the Mickey village actually came from Canadian Tire! They stopped selling it a few years ago unfortunately - but there is a Christmas store in Banff that carries quite a few pieces of it!

That's me. I can only display about half my pieces. I need to figure out a way to display more... I just don't know what that might be.

A giant piece of plywood on the floor! Then the cats would walk through it and as a kid, I liked to pretend they were Godzilla terrorizing the Christmas village hahaha.

Haha - yeah a 9 month old takes up some of my time - especially since she started crawling today!
Ah yes. I am familiar with the process.
"Okay... I think I've finally gotten a handle on how to parent my kid"
Kid: "Begin phase two!!!"

Don't ask me how many phases there are. My oldest is 23 and she just started a new phase last Monday.
Right?! If I was a ride-share driver in Orlando I think I'd want to know the Disney property like the back of my hand!
Haha - I'm pretty sure I actually brought that stupid box of potatoes back to Canada with me at the end of the trip :laughing:
:lmao:
All of my pieces of the Mickey village actually came from Canadian Tire!
Really!
I've gotten some from there, but nothing Disney.
A giant piece of plywood on the floor! Then the cats would walk through it and as a kid, I liked to pretend they were Godzilla terrorizing the Christmas village hahaha.

Yay, I'm so glad you're finishing up this TR! I've never seen the Christmas Village stuff, that looks amazing. I love that you have some of the pieces of Mickey Village! And I love that you were able to take some time to remember your grandmother and have that connection to her

And yeah, the expo merchandise lines are super long the first day. We usually go in the afternoon because the lines are much more manageable (sometimes there isn't even a line to get in!).

I just stumbled upon your blog and your info on Private functions at Homecoming. Excellent info. Hoping to do my fiftieth there. Your article was really helpful.

Yay, I'm so glad you're finishing up this TR! I've never seen the Christmas Village stuff, that looks amazing. I love that you have some of the pieces of Mickey Village! And I love that you were able to take some time to remember your grandmother and have that connection to her

And yeah, the expo merchandise lines are super long the first day. We usually go in the afternoon because the lines are much more manageable (sometimes there isn't even a line to get in!).

Sarah! It's great to still have you here reading along after my extended break! I hope all is well with you!

I just stumbled upon your blog and your info on Private functions at Homecoming. Excellent info. Hoping to do my fiftieth there. Your article was really helpful.

Thanks for reading! I'm guessing you read that on my actual blog, not here? We love Homecomin', and I'm sure they will make your 50th extra special!

Sarah! It's great to still have you here reading along after my extended break! I hope all is well with you!

Thanks for reading! I'm guessing you read that on my actual blog, not here? We love Homecomin', and I'm sure they will make your 50th extra special!
Yes. On your blog! Loved it. I’ve followed your reports for years here, so I recognised you immediately. Hello from a fellow Canadian!

Great trip report ...and I’m only on page 2 !
Did you make the 999 Hitchhiking Shirt?
Catsup Chips (forgot if you spelled it Ketchup) more info on Brand name... and Auld Lang Syne fireworks and recognizing a poster as you enter Main Street !!!
I’ll probably have more comments as I continue reading.

Nice memory of Richard greeting you at The Grand Floridian and volunteering on NYE at Give Kids the World and assigned to the ice cream store! Perfect!
I went to the GKTW for their Night of a Million Lights this past holiday and want to volunteer as soon as life gets back to normal. Just reading about your memories such as the Gingerbread House smell in GF makes me even happier for your magical life and dreams come true!
Final comment asI I return to page 5 :
This is a great trip report !

Last edited:
January 3, 2018 - Part Two

After enjoying all the holiday decor, we headed down the hallway and headed into Crew’s Cup Lounge. This was pretty high on Luke’s list of places to try, and it was fantastic! You can read all about it over here!

After filling our bellies, we left the Yacht Club and began walking back to Epcot. It was such a beautiful walk, and there weren’t that many people out and about due to the freezing cold temperatures.

IMG_9634.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

We took a detour, and walked over to see Sea Breeze Point. We took some photos and posted them in our Facebook group we had created for our wedding – our friends and family were only days away from arriving and we wanted them to see the location where our ceremony would be held in exactly one week <3

IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

IMG_9639.jpg

After entering Epcot through the International Gateway, we stopped in Canada to watch the band. They were playing some Great Big Sea, and there was a group of kids having a great time dancing up by the stage – we sang along for a few minutes before continuing on to our destination.

Our destination – our third Fastpass selection of the day! It’s rare for us to make a Fastpass this late in the day, but we had scheduled it to coincide with meeting another couple – my first true DisMeet! We were meeting up with Meghan and Nathan at the Character Spot (Mickey, Minnie and Goofy). We found each other, and entered the Fastpass line. Since the line is inside, and it was such a cold day, it was busy. Even with a FP, it still took over half an hour before we met Mickey – which was fine! It allowed us time to chat and get to know each other better! Meghan and I had met on the Disboards, an online Disney forum – but we both came from the same small province, had both attended the same University (just a few years apart) and we both had our weddings through DFTW with the Escape package (which is something not even offered anymore). Conversation was easy, and before we knew it we were at the front of the line. For each character, we did a quick picture with all of us, then couple shots (no individual pictures since we didn’t want to be the ones holding up the line).

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689748843.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689748845.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689748864.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689748873.jpg

Next up was Goofy!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751461.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751458.jpg

This next picture cracks me up – sorry Meghan for sharing it! We both look so awkward and unsure of what to do haha –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751454.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751471.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751467.jpg

Before meeting Minnie, I apparently changed my hat?

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407690124097.jpg

Minnie had to see the ring after she saw Luke’s Happily Ever After button <3

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407690124077.jpg

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407690124095.jpg

We headed out and spent a few more minutes chatting before saying goodbye. All four of us were running the 5k the next day, but Meghan and Nathan were in a much earlier corral so we wouldn’t be able to run it together.

Luke and I probably should have left the park and went back to OWK to get a good night’s sleep before the 5K, but instead we closed down the park… We hit up Soarin’ with a Fastpass that Luke had grabbed while we were in line to meet Mickey, before stopping at Club Cool to sample some Coca-Cola products from around the world (RIP Club Cool!)

IMG_9642.jpg

After scanning in for Soarin’, we managed to snag a fifth Fastpass for Spaceship Earth.

IMG_9644.jpg

Luke and I love to make a crazy face for our picture on this ride haha

I stopped by the exit for a picture with the Bubblegum wall, but it was a bit too dark so it didn’t turn out great.

IMG_9650.jpg

We had a bit of time before the park closed, so Luke decided to buy the Epcot Starbucks mug tonight. I went in to Starbucks with him, but decided I’d run to the bathroom while he waited in line. As I was exiting, I was caught up in the beauty of Spaceship Earth at night, looking at the lights, and I ended up missing the last two steps on the stairs (facepalm). I didn’t fall down, but I definitely hurt something – impeccable timing the night before a runDisney event.

IMG_9652.jpg

Once Luke had his mug, we made our way to the bus stop with me hobbling along. By the time we got back to our room, I was in a lot of pain, I felt like I had pulled a muscle so I took a hot shower and went straight to bed, just hoping for the best when the alarm went off in a few hours…

Fitbit Steps: 16,331​

Last edited:
After enjoying all the holiday decor, we headed down the hallway and headed into Crew’s Cup Lounge. This was pretty high on Luke’s list of places to try, and it was fantastic! You can read all about it over here!
Now I'm really wanting to know where he got better burgers!
there weren’t that many people out and about due to the freezing cold temperatures.
Just crazy Canadians. :)
We were meeting up with Meghan and Nathan at the Character Spot
Nice! I've almost met her, and now she seems to have fallen off the DIS.
we both had our weddings through DFTW
I can't read that without hearing "Disney For The Win"
This next picture cracks me up – sorry Meghan for sharing it! We both look so awkward and unsure of what to do haha –

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_407689751454.jpg
:laughing:
All four of us were running the 5k the next day,
Oh!
A year ago, I wouldn't have wanted to, but I sure want to do that now!
(RIP Club Cool!)
Not so fast! It's coming back this summer!
New Centerpiece EPCOT Store Will Open this Summer, and a Fan-Favorite Will Return as Well! (wdwinfo.com)
I was caught up in the beauty of Spaceship Earth at night, looking at the lights, and I ended up missing the last two steps on the stairs (facepalm). I didn’t fall down, but I definitely hurt something – impeccable timing the night before a runDisney event.
Oh, no! :(

Aww, how wonderful to spend some time with Meghan and Nathan :) I'm sure that was fun!!

Oof. I hope that missed step didn't cause too much trouble for you the next day!

We hit up Soarin’ with a Fastpass that Luke had grabbed while we were in line to meet Mickey, before stopping at Club Cool to sample some Coca-Cola products from around the world (RIP Club Cool!)
Did you see, they announced over the weekend that Club Cool is coming back! Woo Hoo!

Also, did you see Su-Lynn's instagram? Her and her sister went to the Coke Store in Disney Springs and they did the tasting trays. And I want to do that now!

Now I'm really wanting to know where he got better burgers!

I just asked Luke his ranking of Disney burgers, and he said the first Crew's Cup burger was #4 (the second time we went to Crew's Cup his burger apparently wasn't as good). Top three are:
  1. Cali Grill Brunch
  2. Homecomin'
  3. Yak & Yeti

Just crazy Canadians. :)

It's always easy to spot the Canadians in the crowd!

Nice! I've almost met her, and now she seems to have fallen off the DIS.

If I could ever travel back to the Maritimes, I'm hoping to meet up with Meghan and Nathan again!

I can't read that without hearing "Disney For The Win"

Oh!
A year ago, I wouldn't have wanted to, but I sure want to do that now!

I'm sad the Virtual Races are no longer offered to Canadians :sad2:

So excited to see it's returning!

Ugh, I still can't believe I hurt myself right before a 5K :sad2:

I just asked Luke his ranking of Disney burgers, and he said the first Crew's Cup burger was #4 (the second time we went to Crew's Cup his burger apparently wasn't as good). Top three are:
  1. Cali Grill Brunch
  2. Homecomin'
  3. Yak & Yeti
That is not the list I was expecting! Yak & Yeti especially is surprising. Tell him thanks!
It's always easy to spot the Canadians in the crowd!
I'm sad the Virtual Races are no longer offered to Canadians :sad2:
Wellllll.... they kinda are.

I changed my address on MDE temporarily to that of a friend in the US. That allowed me to register. The medal got sent to the friend and she sent it up to me. Costs more in shipping of course, though.

Wellllll.... they kinda are.

I changed my address on MDE temporarily to that of a friend in the US. That allowed me to register. The medal got sent to the friend and she sent it up to me. Costs more in shipping of course, though.

That definitely works! Smart thinking!

January 4, 2018 - Part One

If you’ve ever competed in a runDisney event, you know that your alarm goes off way too early! We got up and got ready – I was still in pain from the night before (stupid me missing a step on the stairs, such a 🤦‍♀️).

We caught the bus and arrived at the starting place of the race (in a parking lot by Epcot). We made our way through security and headed towards our corral. I think I was in a higher corral than Luke, but you are allowed to move back (you just can’t move forward to a higher corral) so I dropped back to his. We took a selfie while we waited.

IMG_9653.jpg

I was hurting, and knew I wouldn’t be able to go much faster than a walk – even that was painful with each step. Luke assured me to not worry about it, to not hurt myself even more by pushing too hard and we’d figure it out. Eventually our corral had the countdown, and we were off! The first characters we came upon were Chip and Dale – I needed the break so we hopped in line. I handed over my phone to get a photo with that, but I also downloaded the photos taken by Photopass – what a difference! The cast members using your phone don’t zoom or anything – it’s not difficult to tell which photo is which –

IMG_9655.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464252.jpg

Our costumes were Luke’s idea – he wanted to be Ursula haha. They also looked much better when we tried them at home, we weren’t expecting it to be so cold! I had on a tight tank top as a base layer, then a hoody, then an athletic tshirt on top of my hoody (the black Nike one you can see), then my Ariel top (which is absolutely a bathing suit top haha) then my jacket. My plan was also to wear plain black capri-length yoga pants with the Ariel bathing suit bottoms on top of those so you could see them better, but I needed the full length pants (luckily I had packed a few extra pairs, and these ones kind of worked with our costume theme). Luke’s purple face paint was actually some anti-redness makeup stuff layered on thick – much easier on the skin than Halloween paint haha.

We kept going, and Photopass captured these – you can see the pain on my face in a few of these pictures….

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464264.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084354894.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084679315.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084354891.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464272.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464259.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464277.jpg

I love the rare characters that are out during the runDisney events – we didn’t stop for all of the characters this day, but we did get to meet Jiminy Cricket, vacation Genie and Horace Horsecollar (in addition to Chip & Dale), as well as some Vikings in Norway. Here are the photos taken with my phone –

IMG_9685.jpg
IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9664.jpg
What is this picture? Haha, I think the cast member using my phone was still half asleep haha…

IMG_9689.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

And here are the Photopass pictures taken by the professionals –

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464273.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464278.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084679314.jpg

Here are a few more Photopass pictures (we definitely got our money’s worth during this race!)

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464260.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464267.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464263.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464271.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464269.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464261.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084679313.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464282.jpg

It was so cold, I was wearing Luke’s mittens which were way too big for me haha.

Eventually, we made our way across the finish line (we did not make good time haha) – and received our medals and snack boxes. We stopped for one final Photopass photo before heading back to the buses to take us back to OKW.

IMG_9755-e1619927363801.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRUNDISNEY_408084464281.jpg

By the time we got back to OKW, I was so sore and we were both exhausted so we decided to cancel the fastpasses we had made for Magic Kingdom, and instead had hot showers and a much-needed nap.​

I forgot that you and Luke had done this 5K the same year I did with Arianna!! We planned poorly, there should definitely have been a DIS meet that trip!

I loved your costumes, even though they ended up having to be layered. Mine was, too. I was Baymax, but had to add long sleeves and leggings to my costume that day, and again the following day to my Buzz Lightyear get-up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter