Someone talk me down

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
:hyper: Our hours are posted for Nov 27, 28, and 29- giving us 3 full days. I'm actually happy the parks close at 8:00 on 2 of the nights as I am a total morning person. My stress lies in the fact that I want to do it all and see it all in only 3 days!!! And the fact that my family is a bunch of night owls. :upsidedow

I have bought Ridemax. I am a freak and geek, I am well aware. :cloud9:

I'm thinking aloud. Literally as I type, I'm talking to myself.

I know the trip will be magical regardless of what we might miss.

Last November we had 1.5 days and were with friends who didn't *get it* like we do. Put a little damper on the fun. Not huge but enough that I want to make up for it this year.

Fantasmic! will only be showing the first night at 9:00 and 10:15, Disneyland is open until midnight and has MM at 7 am. :faint: We'll be leaving my friend's house, who lives about 15 minutes away, have to check in, drop bags, and make it to the secuirty by 6:30. Holy crow! And return our car to Alamo in DTD at some point that day.

We will have to see F! that first night. We'll need a midday break.

I have learned to try to see the fireworks on the first available night because they cancel them for wind. This means we'll have to do the later F! and fireworks the same night.

I also want to see the holiday parade at night and the WoC (for the 3rd time). Darn them for adding a holiday segment. :headache: :laughing:

Reindeer Round-Up and a visit with Santa are also on the list. Chloe wants to meet Rapunzel as well. I know her meet n greet line is deadly. :eek:

I have 4 PS. :scared1: Did I mention I have 3 days? I cannot add a 4th day but am kicking myself for not booking a 4th. I knew better. I ignored my Jiminy Cricket. I will pay.

I'm only a touring commando in the morning. :littleangel:

Is waking up at 5:30 am to get to the GCV and to the gate by 6:30 reasonable? Am I fooling myself?

I need a Valium.

We will have two MMs. I don't see an issue with the Tuesday morning one as the parks close at 8:00 pm and we'll do the 8:15 WoC, be back to the villa by 9, and if all goes well, asleep by 11. Easy peasy for an 8 am MM. We've got time on our side coming from Utah.

:thanks: for reading.

To make things go smoother eat when rides are busy, or when the park isn't open. You might have to change your reservations of course.

Check the weather right before you leave. If it's not stormy during your visit you may not need to do multiple show in the first night.

It's not known for sure if WoC will have a holiday segment at all or or if it does if will run the whole season or just certain nights, so don't feel like it's a huge priority.

Also look at the sunset time, catching the parade with the sun going down might be easier than you think.

To make things go smoother eat when rides are busy, or when the park isn't open. You might have to change your reservations of course.

Like it. The only breakfast PS we have is on check out day, a non-park day.

Check the weather right before you leave. If it's not stormy during your visit you may not need to do multiple show in the first night.

Good idea. :thumbsup2

It's not known for sure if WoC will have a holiday segment at all or or if it does if will run the whole season or just certain nights, so don't feel like it's a huge priority.

:hyper: I am hoping they keep it the same. I know that's like betting against the table during Craps......:blush:

Also look at the sunset time, it's earlier than Utah so catching the parade with the sun going down might be easier than you think.

It sets around 5ish during the winter I think. My concern is the first day and needing a break. Luckily the parade on the other two nights is at 5:30 pm and it will be dark. :yay:

Thanks for the insights!

At least you've got a park hours/entertainment schedule. Our stay starts on the 30th, and I've got NUTHIN!! :crazy2:

You're gonna be fine, Jenny. It'll be a little hectic on Sunday, but Mon and Tues will be VERY uncrowded. :thumbsup2

I can appreciate your enthusiasm. I'm waiting for the dates for my Nov 30 trip to come up. Spending 6 nights in Anaheim, but only 3 days at DL/DCA to enable checking out Universal, SD Zoo and Seaworld as well!

It sets around 5ish during the winter I think. My concern is the first day and needing a break. Luckily the parade on the other two nights is at 5:30 pm and it will be dark. :yay:

It's best to take a break during the middle of the day 1-3 when the lines are longest anyway. When you return if it's almost parade time don't go down mainstreet which will be packed. Look for a spot along town square that's still open, or wait for them to put up the rope across the road where the parade exits. I've done this a lot because you only have to wait 5 or 10 minutes and you are getting an upfront view, it just takes timing to be there at the right time. If earlier you might take the train to Toontown and watch the parade in Small World Plaza, it's usually less crowded here.

At least you've got a park hours/entertainment schedule. Our stay starts on the 30th, and I've got NUTHIN!! :crazy2:

You're gonna be fine, Jenny. It'll be a little hectic on Sunday, but Mon and Tues will be VERY uncrowded. :thumbsup2

They day by day release of dates is maddening. :scared1: I can't believe you begin the 30th and we're leaving that day. :flower3:

My guess is that Mon-Thurs that week will be the same but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll add a mid week Fantasmic! How long will you be there?

I'm thinking you are right; Sunday will be insane on all accounts. I think it will be crowed at least up until dinner- people have school and work the next day so I'm hoping they leave. :laughing:

I can appreciate your enthusiasm. I'm waiting for the dates for my Nov 30 trip to come up. Spending 6 nights in Anaheim, but only 3 days at DL/DCA to enable checking out Universal, SD Zoo and Seaworld as well!

Such a great way of saying: stress case! :thumbsup2 I'm going to have to remember that. I work in mental health (ironic, I know) and that's fabulous. Have you been to Disneyland before? I haven't been to Universal or the Zoo in years but we love Sea World.

It's best to take a break during the middle of the day 1-3 when the lines are longest anyway. When you return if it's almost parade time don't go down mainstreet which will be packed. Look for a spot along town square that's still open, or wait for them to put up the rope across the road where the parade exits. I've done this a lot because you only have to wait 5 or 10 minutes and you are getting an upfront view, it just takes timing to be there at the right time. If earlier you might take the train to Toontown and watch the parade in Small World Plaza, it's usually less crowded here.

Rope across the road where the parade exits? I think I know what you're talking about but maybe not.

Rope across the road where the parade exits? I think I know what you're talking about but maybe not.

Think of it this way. If you were at a four way intersection and made a turn to the left, wouldn't it be nice to have a wall to the right so no car could crash into the side of you?

The Parade is going to come down Mainstreet and turn down the side of Town Square, the road coming to Mainstreet on the other side of the Square will be cut off by a rope. This makes a new edge to the parade route. The CM's will put a rope along that edge a couple minutes before the parade arrives.

The same thing happens where the parade makes a right to go back stage out of town square.

Think of it this way. If you were at a four way intersection and made a turn to the left, wouldn't it be nice to have a wall to the right so no car could crash into the side of you?

The Parade is going to come down Mainstreet and turn down the side of Town Square, the road coming to Mainstreet on the other side of the hub will be cut off by a rope. This makes a new edge to the parade route. The CM's will put a rope along that edge a couple minutes before the parade arrives.

The same thing happens where the parade makes a right to go back stage out of town square.

Spacial relations are not my strong suit but thank you for explaining it. :goodvibes

I went and edited my previous post because in my explanation I meant the Townsquare, but had written the hub in place of townsquare.

You can do the same technique in the hub where the parade enters and exits, however it has so many people there it doesn't work nearly as easy.

You are 99% more prepared than most folks, so you have a good shot at doing all that stuff! :thumbsup2

The 7am MM will be amazing! The park is so empty and it is a really cool time. Enjoy it! But if you are wanting to be there until midnight, you are going to need a nice nap. :thumbsup2

We have had good luck with the parade by watching right where it enters or exits. So like the PP was saying, either go to Town Square or by IASW. Most people watch from Main Street, but the view in my opinion is not better from Main than from any other place.

I would try to do Rapunzel not on a weekend if possible. Should be okay because your to do list for Sunday looks full already! Try to get to Rapunzel early as you can Monday or Tuesday. The Times Guide at the front gates should list when she is available.

Have fun! :thumbsup2

I went and edited my previous post because in my explanation I meant the Townsquare, but had written the hub in place of townsquare.

You can do the same technique in the hub where the parade enters and exits, however it has so many people there it doesn't work nearly as easy.

Thanks for clarifying. :thumbsup2

You are 99% more prepared than most folks, so you have a good shot at doing all that stuff! :thumbsup2

The 7am MM will be amazing! The park is so empty and it is a really cool time. Enjoy it! But if you are wanting to be there until midnight, you are going to need a nice nap. :thumbsup2

We have had good luck with the parade by watching right where it enters or exits. So like the PP was saying, either go to Town Square or by IASW. Most people watch from Main Street, but the view in my opinion is not better from Main than from any other place.

I would try to do Rapunzel not on a weekend if possible. Should be okay because your to do list for Sunday looks full already! Try to get to Rapunzel early as you can Monday or Tuesday. The Times Guide at the front gates should list when she is available.

Have fun! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes If I do the Holiday Tour, that will take care of the parade. My DS said he'll do the Tour with me. If we decide against it, we'll take your advice and watch it from IASW.

Good idea on Rapunzel. :thumbsup2 I'm hoping the candy canes are made that Tuesday because I think you are right, it will be slower than Sunday for sure.

I'll never make it until midnight. :blush: I am admittedly an old 42 year old. :laughing: I rise and set with the sun. :cloud9: The kids and DH will make it though. I'm happy the parks are closing at 8 pm the other 2 nights. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!