Someone stole my rose!

Aidensmom

Holy Crap!<br><font color=blue>Murdered By Pineapp
I have always had trouble growing plants, but somehow in the past year I have aquired a green thumb and everything I have been planting has been doing wonderfully. Because of this, I wanted some more plants for Mother's Day. I got a beautiful yellow rosebush from my 3 year old son, and he has been helping me every day to take care of it. On Sunday morning when we were leaving for church, I noticed that one of the buds had blossomed into one of the most perfect roses I have ever seen. I decided that when I got home, I was going to "celebrate" my success at growing such a beautifull bloom by cutting it and putting it in a vase. However, when I got home a couple of hours later, it was gone! Closer examination revealed it to be a clean cut, so someone actually came into my front yard and stole my rose!!!

Has anyone ever had that happen to them before? I guess if I had a ton of them, I wouldn't care, but this was the first bloom on the plant. It really made me mad, not to mention that my son was devastated, as this was something he helped to grow also.

The same thing happened to me this weekend. I had a beautiful long stem rose. One day it was there and the next day poof...people are sooooo rude. Ugh!!! :sad2:

doesn't that stink?!

I've had people cut flowers that I've planted by the mailbox, but never my front yard.

I did however have someone steal my little statue right by my front door. I was hoping it would mysteriously return one day but I've given up hope now. :confused3

That is just horrible!

Maybe it would be easier if you could make up a story in your mind that makes the theft seem easier to swallow...LOL, like some elderly man came by and took it for his wifes grave because he never saw such perfection and wanted to honor her memory with it...or a young man thought it would help ease his mothers pain in her final stages of cancer...

I know the above sounds really silly and HUGELY unlikely, but my mom used to help me try to see the silver lining this way when I was young...before I knew it, I would be so caught up in the 'could haves' fantasy stories that my loss seemed far away...

I hope you are blessed with another perfect bloom very soon, and that they person who took it used it in an appropriate manner, for a very good cause....

What you need is one of those annoying noise-making statue things. You know like the frogs that ribbit... maybe find a dog that barks and put it beside your rose bush. Imagine the surprise a rose-thief would get as the approached the bush and suddenly heard barking. I'm betting they'd be afraid someone would see/hear them.

Someone stole all of a neighbor's tulips one spring for a wedding. They had been asking questions the day before the wedding about the flowers, and the next day another neighbor saw them cut the flowers! It ws several days before we were standing around chatting and put the whole story together!

I am sorry about your rose. I would be heart-broken. I have growing issues too.

These stories are just awful.....I can't believe the nerve!!

Poohand wendy.....thoses are nice thoughts..I would probably have to imagine something like that to keep from Boiling over!!

And I echo the wish for another perfect bloom for the OP and her son...
:hug: :flower3:

Could it have been a child? Your post made me remember a time years ago when two neighbor children knocked on my door to sell me fresh cut flowers - freshly cut out of my front yard! They were about 5 years old. Wasn't as funny then as it is now. ;) Maybe somebody's mommy received a pretty flower. :flower:

DizMare said:
Could it have been a child? Your post made me remember a time years ago when two neighbor children knocked on my door to sell me fresh cut flowers - freshly cut out of my front yard! They were about 5 years old. Wasn't as funny then as it is now. ;) Maybe somebody's mommy received a pretty flower. :flower:

It could have been a child, but we live on the corner of a somewhat busy street that you constantly see people walking down, so it could just as easily been an adult. Either way, I still can't believe someone would just come into my yard and do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter