Some sort of portable bed for DVC?

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
We will not be exceeding the max amount of people in a 1 bedroom, but the make-up of guests puts one person on the pull out, a married couple in the king and a 10 year old child ideally on a portable bed of sorts in the parents room. Any ideas what kind of bed might be easy to use and easy to pack. We're not against shipping something down to Orlando if that's reasonable...:3dglasses

Twin sized Aero bed works fine. We have one that we take when we stay in non-DVC resorts. My 18 yr old 6'3" son fits on it fine. My husband slept on in when he went to a marathon with his friend and his family. He got the Aero bed and friend and family got the beds. He slept fine.

Just be aware that the blow up bed may not fit inside all the 1 br masters. I can't imagine it would have fit in our 1 br at Blt.

I agree with PP, not all masters will fit an aero. We have one of these that we've used for the same purpose as you have suggested. It collapses into a fairly small package. :goodvibes

we have used a twin aero in the master at okw, no problem, we also had a renovated unit at okw that had a chair that made into a single bed in okw last time we were there
sharon

We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom at the Boardwalk....I think the room will support a twin size aero or similiar.....right?

We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom at the Boardwalk....I think the room will support a twin size aero or similiar.....right?

As I recall yes it will fit but if anyone in the King needs to go to the bathroom they will have to step on the person.

Denise in MI

We fit one in our one Bedroom BLT, it fit by the sliding door, we just picked it up everyday and leaned it on a wall.

I'm thinking there will be enough room between the bed and the door to the balcony...would hate to actually step on a child to use the bathroom....BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TO!

If you are flying SW out of Greene you should be able to pack a portable air bed and the necessary sheets lightweight blanket etc in a rolling duffle and check it through on the plane. We did this several times and it worked out great. I say that since SW does not have those extra baggage fees. If you are going to have a car you could purchase an inexpensive one and a pump at Walmart down there for what it would cost to ship it.

I'm thinking there will be enough room between the bed and the door to the balcony...would hate to actually step on a child to use the bathroom....BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TO!

We usually stay in a 1 bedroom at the BWV. I'm quite sure that a twin aero will fit between the bed and the balcony doors. It should also fit between the bed and the wall with the window to the jacuzzi room.

Either way, it might be a bit of a challenge for the person on the aero side of the bed to get out of bed & to the bathroom without stepping on the child or the bed. But it can work - Just bring a night light or leave the light on in room with the shower and the doors slightly open.

We have put a twin aerobed in the master at BWV and VWL. Put it by the balcony doors. Never an issue getting up, there's no footboard so you can slid out in front of the bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!