Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

Frohe Ostern Karin!

Loved the update. Unfortunately you got the worst seats for Space Mountain. I always ask for the front. In my opinion there is a huge difference in comfort.

I never enjoyed MSEP, the music is just to annoying for my taste. And it seemed that for years it was following me around. I even got to watch its very last performance at DLP because the friend we were travelling with had never seen it and our first evening there was its farewell.

Love your plans for 2018! I think for us 2018 will be a lean travel year. But that's ok, I am currently so busy with planning the Asia trip this summer.

Now I am intrigued about the good news you alluded to.

I love them even more now that I know you are cruising with us! :hyper:

party: party: party:

And we changed things around again - we no longer are in the extended verandah stateroom - I was not happy with deck 6, so when I saw that our original stateroom was again up for grabs, I jumped on the opportunity and we are back to deck 10! :rotfl2:We need to be paid in full by the end of the month, so I hope that puts a stop to changing things around.

Excellent! It makes a difference having a preferred stateroom. For our cruise we got one of the big oceanview ones in the front of the ship, deck 8. We've stayed in one on deck 7 and it was monstrous!

Good to know about the rides - we will have lots of fun this summer. ::yes:: we loved the Brown Derby lounge - just the perfect place to enjoy a drink, nibble on something yummy and people watch.

I'd love to try the Brown Derby, it looks so yummy. Can't wait to see you both, August is coming up quick!

The pizza looks yummy :) Thanks to @Pinkocto's comment, I'm going to have to try the gluten free version next time!

It's such a yummy pizza, very fresh tasting with the tomatoes and basil. And that balsamic glaze is so good! Next on my radar is Boma breakfast, they do gluten free Mickey waffles :hyper:

Space Mountain is off our list as well.

We really used to love it. But with age it started getting worse and worse on our backs, and as I mentioned, climbing out of that vehicle is the worst. We loved the one at DL though and we do ride the one at DLRP, even though that one is rough as well. :rotfl:

Love that caprese pizza, they do one with a gluten free crust, so yummy!

Woohoo! We found a spot to have some yummy food in August! That is one good pizza!

Lucky to get that Mine Train FP!

I just could not believe it when it popped up! I had tried to change some of our FPs around and the Mine Train was always an unchangeable one.

Very sad about the MSEP, that was my favorite.

It was our favourite too - hope they bring it back! It holds so many wonderful memories of watching it with my mom at DL!

Just stumbled on your TR today. WOW! What an amazing trip you guys had!

:welcome:
It indeed was an awesome vacation - lots more to come in this TR.

We will only do Space Mountain with a FP, and even then we don't hit it every time. It's fun, but it's hard for me to fit me + backpack in the seat, and DBF has very long legs, which makes it hard for him too! I'd never wait standby, unless it was 10-15 minutes (which I don't believe I've ever seen).

It is definitely not a ride I would like to get into the standby line. ::yes:: But we used to like it some years ago. As we turned older though it slid down the ladder a bit and now we will only do it once in a trip IF we do it at all.

I love your parade pictures! We hardly ever watch the parade, but I did always love MSEP. Spectromagic was my all-time favorite, though.

My mum used to love it when we took her to DL, so it holds a special place in our hearts and knowing that it would go away we had to make an effort to see the whole parade one more time.

The pizza looks yummy :) Thanks to @Pinkocto's comment, I'm going to have to try the gluten free version next time!

You really have to try it - it is so good!

You had great luck with FP that night!! I love your little dumbo getting photos with his big brother! <3

We were super lucky with FP! I could not believe it when it popped up. We only took the photos of Dumbo and his little brother to show to the owner of the small Dumbo, but then, they were too cute not to show.

Loved the update. Unfortunately you got the worst seats for Space Mountain. I always ask for the front. In my opinion there is a huge difference in comfort.

I was telling Tom exactly that - that we would be in for a really bumpy ride. We should have said something, but it never crossed my mind.

I never enjoyed MSEP, the music is just to annoying for my taste. And it seemed that for years it was following me around. I even got to watch its very last performance at DLP because the friend we were travelling with had never seen it and our first evening there was its farewell.

We really loved it - but as I said earlier, it might have to do with the memories of my mum enjoying it so much. And then we watched it whereever we could catch it, even though we often only watched part of it.

Love your plans for 2018! I think for us 2018 will be a lean travel year. But that's ok, I am currently so busy with planning the Asia trip this summer.

Asia? Sounds awesome! Did you post details on your Norway cruise TR? I am behind again there - let me blame it on work. ;)

It makes a difference having a preferred stateroom. For our cruise we got one of the big oceanview ones in the front of the ship, deck 8. We've stayed in one on deck 7 and it was monstrous!

It definitely makes it more exciting to have the stateroom of your choice - it was such a shame it was not available when we had to rebook, but now that it popped up again I just had to grab it. That stateroom you got for our cruise sounds awesome, be sure we will come to visit and check it out - we have one of the extended verandah ones on deck 9 - as if we had known that there will be more people to accommodate. :thumbsup2

I'd love to try the Brown Derby, it looks so yummy. Can't wait to see you both, August is coming up quick!

We don't need reservations for the lounge and there is an online menu - but I am pretty sure they can make you something and gluten free. A little over 4 months and we will be back! :cheer2:

Did you post details on your Norway cruise TR? I am behind again there - let me blame it on work. ;)

Michael is not a fan of posting about travel plans before they happen, so I really have not shared them. Also, I am so slow with writing those trip reports. If I start writing about the planning, I will never get them done! I need to take fewer trips... :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really the plan! But I think after the big seeing nearly all Disney Parks in one year 2017, 2018 will be a year with less Disney in it. We just got DLP APs, so we will be back there in early 2018, but otherwise I think we ought to do something different. We have two placeholders for DCL that are good until the end of 2018, but I think we will pass. We are a bit cruised out after our Noro virus cruise at the end of 2016 (we did not get it, but knowing it was going around really affected our enjoyment of the cruise). However, even if we do non-Disney travel I am likely to still write trip reports about those trips. I really love having the reports and it is far more fun to write about something new than about visiting the Magic Kingdom where I have been so often...

I have to settle for my 1Disney Trip a year , with P & P but seeing as it is free not much to complain abou t. t is possible we wilbe going as a family aganext year IF we can alcrape up enough money Kyle turns 16 in January , but all are scared of the weather for flights from Buffalo , I am lookinn All Star suite As if we all go there will be 5 and Brayden !I yried convincing them to stay off sight no hey are used to on site !!! bout mid April ( after Easter and spring Breaks ) Free dining would be wonderful

It definitely makes it more exciting to have the stateroom of your choice - it was such a shame it was not available when we had to rebook, but now that it popped up again I just had to grab it. That stateroom you got for our cruise sounds awesome, be sure we will come to visit and check it out - we have one of the extended verandah ones on deck 9 - as if we had known that there will be more people to accommodate. :thumbsup2

It was meant to be!

Deck 9 aft? I need to look on the map. We have 8504.

We don't need reservations for the lounge and there is an online menu - but I am pretty sure they can make you something and gluten free. A little over 4 months and we will be back! :cheer2:

I will check out the menu, perfect! 4 months is no time at all :banana:

I just found your trip report and am loving it! I want to be you when I grow up :tongue: I've already asked my husband if we could do something similar when our kids are out of the house and he said yes! I'm holding him to it :) In 9 years, we'll go on a 40 day Disney adventure! I can't wait to read the rest!!!

It had never occurred to us, but there were so many smokers sitting on the railings.

That is now 1 of the only 2 smoking sections in the MK. They took away all the others, so it is always full of smoke. I am not sure why they did away with the rest...I now see people just smoking at other spots because they don't know where to go or they just don't want to walk so far to get to the 2 spots which are both at extreme ends of the park. Disney wasn't thinking that one through when they did that.

Hope you had a very Happy Easter! In Pennsylvania we had some of the nicest Easter weather we ever had :goodvibes
I agree on Space Mountain, I hate the bumpiness and the dark gets my equilibrium all out of whack!
Glad you got to see the Electrical Parade, the pictures made it feel like we were there too :cool1:

LOGO2016sm_zpsjvyocxoz.jpg

Day 12, August 14

More food and fireworks - Part 3

We arrived there about 20 minutes later, took the elevator down to the main level and used the sky walk to get over to Bay Lake Tower.

IMG_9788%20-%20Kopie_zpsnpeth2od.jpg

IMG_9789%20-%20Kopie_zpswp3tsqfg.jpg

IMG_9790%20-%20Kopie_zpsk6yfollj.jpg

DSC_0260_zpsqtytxc6c.jpg

DSC_0261_zpszcimbjst.jpg

DSC_0262_zpsojrmicql.jpg

We checked in at the side desk, showed our DVC cards and our room keys and went over to the elevator to go up to the Top of the World lounge. Michelle and Vito had invited us to their house and we at least wanted to pay them back a little bit, so, since they had never been to the Top of the World Lounge, we invited them to the lounge and to view the fireworks lateron. A few minutes later we left the elevator at the top floor and walked towards the lounge.

IMG_9791%20-%20Kopie_zpsgijswkxt.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsqohx6yjy.jpg

DSC_0269_zps93vmtkjv.jpg

DSC_0271_zpsynotxnev.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsgxwm6c8y.jpg

We were happy to see that there was a table big enough for all of us and we sat down and ordered some drinks. I think Michelle and I had cocktails, not sure what Vito had, but Tom just had coffee. I had the

IMG_9792%20-%20Kopie_zpsgz0hi27q.jpg

IMG_9793_zpswuswxsvd.jpg

IMG_9794_zpsmc6qxsqx.jpg

Godiva Chocolate Martini, GODIVA Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, White Creme de Cacao, and Frangelico and we sat there and chatted away. Time flew by and it was time to pay the bill and head outside to watch the fireworks.

DSC_0275_zpsdkb9dlly.jpg

DSC_0281_zpsmmuqs4km.jpg

Michelle, Tom and I found a nice spot at the railing, while Vita and Angelina stayed at the back, where she could see, sitting in her wheelchair.

DSC_0279_zpsjrf5cxow.jpg

We all enjoyed the fireworks very much from there. They pipe in the music and that makes them extra special.

DSC_0287_zpsstv4d5k1.jpg

DSC_0302_zpsv97druo6.jpg

DSC_0304_zpszmk4z9ud.jpg

DSC_0307_zpsmjf6e9q6.jpg

DSC_0313_zpsi7zu5a7d.jpg

DSC_0318_zpskdsf5pkg.jpg

DSC_0326_zpslqhgqkg8.jpg

DSC_0334_zpsmxh05zzc.jpg

DSC_0339_zps9qz865b7.jpg

After the fireworks we headed towards the elevators and went down to the 1st floor. We walked Michelle and Vito to their car and they checked our GPS if we would be driving the easiest way to their house when we would come to visit them. It took some time to get Angelina’s wheelchair loaded, but finally everyone was ready to go home and they left and drove back to their house. Once they had left, Tom and I left Bay Lake Tower to return to Old Key West. There we sat on the couch for a while talking about the last few days before we went to bed.

To be continued ....

IMG_3831.JPG What a great trip report. You make me so excited for our upcoming trip to WDW in April/May 2 days, then 7 day cruise on RCCL out of Orlando and 7 days at Beach Club concierge floor with dining plan!!! Love to see all the restaurant pics and menus
Janelle[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

I've been reading along your fun journey while I'm at work (gotta do something during conference calls, right?) and finally logged in from home so I could post a note. I was happy to see that your husband is a fellow geocacher. Considering how popular the WDW caches are I've been surprised not to see more reporters mention stopping for a needed hint or photo. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip.

(Oh, regarding American cereals: once you're past the age of ten they taste better eaten dry like a snack food and not as a traditional breakfast with milk.)

Sounds like a jam packed day. I have given up on Space Mountain at MK, the DL version is just too cool. I'm sorry that they are removing the Hyperspace Mountain overlay June 1. I really enjoyed that.

So cool that you scored a 7DMT FP+, and that Caprese Flat bread looks awesome!

We are aft on Deck 6, I don't want to post our room number, but after looking at the verandahs on deck 9 and deck 6 on Cruise critic, I think we have you beat on verandah size! :rolleyes1

We are aft on Deck 6, I don't want to post our room number, but after looking at the verandahs on deck 9 and deck 6 on Cruise critic, I think we have you beat on verandah size! :rolleyes1

You SURE will beat our verandah! Those are HUGE!!!!!!! :scared1: But I love that you are aft - this means we only have to run down three decks to visit you. :cool1: Pam is ALL the way forward - it's going to be a hike for them. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter