Some peace of mind for those staying solo...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
If you schedule a wake-up call then get up and out before it happens and do not cancel it, they will try to call a couple of times after it is missed, then call your phone on file to check in with you and make sure you are ok! And there is a possibility that their paramedics are dispatched to your room as they are calling you!

I stayed at AoA last night before leaving for my cruise today. Tried to set a wake-up call but never got any message after the first “press 1 to confirm” (usually I get at least one other, sometimes instructions to press again) so I did not realize it had gone through. At any rate, I was in my room until about 8:15 and no wake-up call. Apparently it happened (late) after I left my room. I was finishing paying for my breakfast to head back to my room when my phone rang with a 407 area code. Normally I do not answer a number I don’t know, but with DCL cruise transportation I took a chance. It was the front desk manager checking to make sure I was ok. As I walked back to the Little Mermaid rooms, I saw 2 paramedics walking back towards Animation Hall with an empty stretcher. I was too embarrassed to ask if they had been headed to 8711, but I suspect they were.

At any rate, it gave me added peace of mind for staying solo at WDW. I have not really been worried about safety in the attack sense of the word (aware of my surroundings at all times of course, but not worried), but it has crossed my mind what if I fell and knocked myself unconscious or fainted or something. (Granted this would involve missing a wake-up call, but still.)

If you schedule a wake-up call then get up and out before it happens and do not cancel it, they will try to call a couple of times after it is missed, then call your phone on file to check in with you and make sure you are ok! And there is a possibility that their paramedics are dispatched to your room as they are calling you!

I stayed at AoA last night before leaving for my cruise today. Tried to set a wake-up call but never got any message after the first “press 1 to confirm” (usually I get at least one other, sometimes instructions to press again) so I did not realize it had gone through. At any rate, I was in my room until about 8:15 and no wake-up call. Apparently it happened (late) after I left my room. I was finishing paying for my breakfast to head back to my room when my phone rang with a 407 area code. Normally I do not answer a number I don’t know, but with DCL cruise transportation I took a chance. It was the front desk manager checking to make sure I was ok. As I walked back to the Little Mermaid rooms, I saw 2 paramedics walking back towards Animation Hall with an empty stretcher. I was too embarrassed to ask if they had been headed to 8711, but I suspect they were.

At any rate, it gave me added peace of mind for staying solo at WDW. I have not really been worried about safety in the attack sense of the word (aware of my surroundings at all times of course, but not worried), but it has crossed my mind what if I fell and knocked myself unconscious or fainted or something. (Granted this would involve missing a wake-up call, but still.)

Paramedics for a missed wake up call way after they were supposed to call you?
Honestly, that doesn’t sound like peace of mind to me, that sounds like a wasted use of important resources.
I really hope the paramedics weren’t for you.

Paramedics for a missed wake up call way after they were supposed to call you?
Honestly, that doesn’t sound like peace of mind to me, that sounds like a wasted use of important resources.
I really hope the paramedics weren’t for you.
Yeah, suppose you wake up early on your own and take a shower, miss the phone calls, and next thing you know it's treated as an emergency. Could be stressful.

I don't think the paramedics were for you. If you have mousekeeping they would find you if you were incapacitated and even if you don't, like at Pop, the CM sent to check rooms daily would find you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter