Solutions for blanket thieves

AliceIn

DIS Veteran
Said thief is me. My poor DH gets no blanket because I grab it and roll myself up like a burrito. We have tried using the extra blanket in the room, but those aren’t the greatest for him. Any ideas on a solution to his suffering?

Are you serious? You ask this while you are the blanket thief?:rolleyes: How about you don't steal the blanket? Be considerate and share.

I do it in my sleep, so it is not something I am aware of until my husband either wakes me up and tells me about it in the morning. I have heard of sleep sacks, but not sure if they work.

Adjust the temperature so you don't feel the need to become a human burrito?

What do you do at home?

Said thief is me. My poor DH gets no blanket because I grab it and roll myself up like a burrito. We have tried using the extra blanket in the room, but those aren’t the greatest for him. Any ideas on a solution to his suffering?
You can request extra blankets for you and let your husband use the type he prefers that are already on bed...

Adjust the temperature so you don't feel the need to become a human burrito?

What do you do at home?

He has a separate down comforter. The temperature doesn’t change things. I roll a lot when I sleep which is why he has no blanket.

I have a sleep sack...I wanna say it’s called sleep hug or something. I saw it on shark tank. I got it because I have trouble sleeping and it somewhat works for that but it has helped me to stop stealing the blankets from my DH. I no longer tuck and roll in my sleep.

We don’t do that. There aren’t spare beds at Disney in any case. I will look into the sleep hug.
Oh okay, I thought it was just the two of you and you could get a room with two beds. The sleep sack/sleeping bag is probably a good option.

I'd ask for an extra comforter. DH and I always sleep with our own set of blankets/comforters. For driving vacations, he'll bring his from home (since he can't stand how I steal the blankets in my sleep).

Disney makes beds with no comforter. I’ve found that the extra blanket in the room is the same one on the bed. If there isn’t one in the room, ask for another from housekeeping. I steal the bedding, too. Luckily, he usually doesn’t want them in the first place!

Disney makes beds with no comforter. I’ve found that the extra blanket in the room is the same one on the bed. If there isn’t one in the room, ask for another from housekeeping. I steal the bedding, too. Luckily, he usually doesn’t want them in the first place!

I am glad I am not the only one, but sorry you deal with it too. I was beginning to wonder with all the snarky comments.

I am glad I am not the only one, but sorry you deal with it too. I was beginning to wonder with all the snarky comments.

Yup - blanket stealing is completely an unconscious act for me. I wake up to find them either wrapped around me or on the floor on my side of the bed. No memory of how it happens. When he's on travel, I tuck them in on his side and that's enough tension for me to leave them in place. I am very grateful it's a rare night he actually wants covers, because its me who has to get up and adjust them in the middle of the night. I tell him it's not my fault - it's his fault for not holding on to his part. Luckily..... this really is a non-issue for us as a couple. Now, his snoring..... that's another topic! :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter