Solo signature dining

DisGin

Mouseketeer
looking for advice from those who dine solo. I'm taking a trip with some friends for the princess half marathon and I'd like to do at least one signature meal. I've taken multiple trips with this group before and they are just not into the finer dining restaurants. That's fine, but I'd really like to experience something new. Plus, I enjoy having some alone time on trips like this! So, what's the best restaurant to dine solo? Doesn't strictly have to be signature and can be anywhere on Disney property. I've done CG and Artist Point but those are the only 2 signatures I can recall.

Morimoto Sushi Bar. Ask the chef to just make you sushi. Give him a price limit and let him do his stuff. I have done it about 3 times on business. The waiter usually buts in, but talk with the chef.
As said above, Flying Fish is also really good. I was the only person at the Chef's Wine Dinner and got a lot of food and wine. Was great.

The California Grill also serves the full menu up at the bar - I have done this once when staying at the CR without an ADR and got a lot of attention from the bartender when he realized I was on my own!

I go solo every trip. I've never done signature after looking at the prices. :) I really enjoy BOG and Sci-Fi. I like the food at Mama Melrose, but you tend to get stuck in awkward tables. Saana is a nice restaurant, but the food is too spicy for me. I really enjoy the Rose and Crown, but again a solo traveler tends to get seated in the less desirable locations.

Have fun and enjoy your alone time!

jiko had a chef's counter - also, AKL is great to roam around after dinner - go outside on the deck and see the animals, sit at the firepits, etc

I am currently planning my 3rd solo trip and have to say, yachtsman steakhouse is the best. Great food, service and atmosphere.

How is solo dining at Jiko if you want to sit at a table? I don't enjoy sitting at the bar alone. I have an ADR f my solo trip but am beginning to get cold feet.

I go solo for most of my trips and I eat at signature. Food is edible the service is generally good and overall it's just a much better experience. None of them will look twice at you for eating by yourself. There's also no reason to restrict yourself to places were you can eat the bar I personally do not like to eat at the bar, I like to eat at a table.

You might also consider the restaurants at the Swan and dolphin, I find they have very good food

I would rather only eat at a table service restaurant a few times and have a give me all been eat at some of the Disney regular restaurants every day and gets Food that's just ok

My favorite at WDW is Bluezoo, and it's got a great lounge, as does Il Mulino and as someone less mentioned, CG. I travel a lot for work, and enjoy sitting at the bar vs. a table, but that's definitely just a personal ptrference.

I'm another one who goes solo often and eat at signature restaurants all the time and don't sit at the bar. If you aren't used to dining out solo, I suggest you do it at home a time or two at somewhere you are used to going to. I have my kindle loaded on my phone and after I've ordered (never before because I think it's kind of rude) I read while I eat. I've never had any problems eating solo and normally get treated a little better than we do when my son is with me, I can't tell you how many times I've either had the chef come out or send something special out.

Hi there - I just wanted to add and agree there is no reason to restrict yourself to the bar. However I wanted to say that when you are solo and don't have/can't get an ADR, sitting at the counter if it's an option is a great alternative. But I definitely make ADRs as well and have no issue sitting at a table solo. The only time I have ever felt the slightest bit odd was at a brunch meal in a hotel that I didn't realize was a character meal. I just smiled and waved at the characters but be prepared some of the characters actually expect you will want a selfie and will wait for it :)

I'm another one who goes solo often and eat at signature restaurants all the time and don't sit at the bar. If you aren't used to dining out solo, I suggest you do it at home a time or two at somewhere you are used to going to. I have my kindle loaded on my phone and after I've ordered (never before because I think it's kind of rude) I read while I eat. I've never had any problems eating solo and normally get treated a little better than we do when my son is with me, I can't tell you how many times I've either had the chef come out or send something special out.

I do the exact same and often have the same experience - just usually at the bar for me. I will get a table if the bar area is much louder than the restaurant. I love eating a quality meal and reading.

I go solo every trip. I've never done signature after looking at the prices. :) I really enjoy BOG and Sci-Fi. I like the food at Mama Melrose, but you tend to get stuck in awkward tables. Saana is a nice restaurant, but the food is too spicy for me. I really enjoy the Rose and Crown, but again a solo traveler tends to get seated in the less desirable locations.

Have fun and enjoy your alone time!
I'd prefer less desirable locations to "extra attention" or "chatting" with the server/nearby tables. That sounds horrible. :lmao:

When I eat alone, I bring a book or iPad and don't want to speak to anyone other than to say hello and order my food. If a restaurant is more likely to give "extra attention," I'll take it right off my list.

I'd prefer less desirable locations to "extra attention" or "chatting" with the server/nearby tables. That sounds horrible. :lmao:

When I eat alone, I bring a book or iPad and don't want to speak to anyone other than to say hello and order my food. If a restaurant is more likely to give "extra attention," I'll take it right off my list.

LOL. On my solo trips in my experience when a waiter serves me by myself he/she may attempt to strike up conversation to make me feel welcome and comfortable, sometimes commenting about the freedom of being there solo. It's usually my response that drives how much they will engage - I can converse back or I can smile and signal that I'm shy. I agree I have never, ever started conversations across tables with other guests as to me that's just awkward. As for sitting at a counter, sometimes I may be sitting near another solo who may or may not start conversation (admittedly I'm rarely the one to initiate that). I have had wonderful conversations and at least once it was very awkward as I wasn't really in the mood. Either way I usually enjoy my solo meals when I am there on business :).

I could have written this :). I really, truly have zero interest in talking to strangers on my solo trips. A huge plus of a solo trip for me is not dealing with other people for a while. I feel so unsociable sometimes when I read about Dissers who enjoy that sort of thing.

I could have written this :). I really, truly have zero interest in talking to strangers on my solo trips. A huge plus of a solo trip for me is not dealing with other people for a while. I feel so unsociable sometimes when I read about Dissers who enjoy that sort of thing.

I'm the same. I find that the bartenders/wait staff at the bar are much better about being chill about solo dinners. Waiters can want to try to engage you, and I'm just one who is totally cool on my own. The only drawback of the bars are the unsolicited drinks/other singles. That almost never happens at WDW though!

I'm the same. I find that the bartenders/wait staff at the bar are much better about being chill about solo dinners. Waiters can want to try to engage you, and I'm just one who is totally cool on my own. The only drawback of the bars are the unsolicited drinks/other singles. That almost never happens at WDW though!

Unsolicited drinks won't be a problem, I'm firmly situated in the Mawmaw demographic. Pretty much 99% of the people who approach me ask me to take a picture of them with their family. I've always assumed it's because I look far too slow and out of shape to run off with their phone or pricey camera :-)

Unsolicited drinks won't be a problem, I'm firmly situated in the Mawmaw demographic. Pretty much 99% of the people who approach me ask me to take a picture of them with their family. I've always assumed it's because I look far too slow and out of shape to run off with their phone or pricey camera :-)

Your Mawmaw demographic made me chuckle. Men routinely hit on and send my mom drinks (much more often than me) when we're out and she is definitely in that bracket. She laughs about moving from "senior" to "super senior" in all her tennis groups. Mom has been married since Jesus was a boy and wears a ring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter