Solo in the summer, 2nd edition!! An August 2017 PTR updated with changes to day 3 and 4. Aug/14

Hi, my name is Susan and I go to Disney for the food....lol! Well, maybe not only the food but good food (and bevvies!) certainly play a huge role in my travel plans!

I have been going back and forth over the last few months; booking, cancelling and rebooking ADRs. I like to go OOP as I love the lounges, enjoy a couple of appies for dinner and don't do a lot of dessert or pop.

My current list is as follows;
Monday(arrival day): Dinner at Jiko
Tuesday: Lunch at BOG, late dinner at Spice Road Table
Wednesday: 4 parks day so will plan on a lot of snacks. Dinner at Geyser Point. :)
Thursday: Breakfast at the Mara . Dinner at 50's Prime Time
Friday: Breakfast at Boma. MNSSHP day! Dinner at Columbia Harbour House
Saturday: Lunch at Satu'li Canteen. Dinner at Kona Island Sushi Bar and dessert at Tambu Lounge!!
Sunday: Brunch (undecided). Early dinner at Tiffins for ROL package might switch this out for Nomad Lounge.
Monday: (departure day :( ) Breakfast at Sanaa. Lunch at the Mara.

I'll probably add/delete to this a few more times but it's a good start. What do you think? All ideas welcome!

Sounds like some fun plans! I love your dining options, Jiko is one of my favorites! Have you been before?

It looks like you're doing a lot of the new dining options at AK. I'm trying to figure out how to fit some of this into our plans as well. There's just so much!

A solo trip sounds like heaven! I spent one day at the end of a trip solo, when DH had to head back for work and I stayed on an extra night. It was just a taste, though!

Sounds like some fun plans! I love your dining options, Jiko is one of my favorites! Have you been before?

It looks like you're doing a lot of the new dining options at AK. I'm trying to figure out how to fit some of this into our plans as well. There's just so much!

A solo trip sounds like heaven! I spent one day at the end of a trip solo, when DH had to head back for work and I stayed on an extra night. It was just a taste, though!

Thanks! I haven't eaten at Jiko before and am so excited for this meal. I hear the Maize crusted fish is phenomenal and I've been looking at the tibs in brik appetizer as well. Plus, the wine list looks excellent!

Solo trips are so fun, I love my family trips too but there is something very nice about only having to please yourself. And what better place to do so than the Happiest Place on Earth! :)

I love your plans and eating at some different lounges and stuff sounds fun. I agree about dining OOP...I could never eat all that food and often the appetizers sound better to me than the mains.

I am the same way Kathy...... especially with the heat of an August trip. Smaller portions sometimes work out better than a big, heavy meal. Plus it's nice to have room for snacks! Have you sorted your dining options yet? I'm sure you must be getting excited for your trip! :)

Hi there, love all your trip plans! Just wanted to say that I am following along :) Have tons of fun!!!!
Great to have you along! I notice you are travelling around the same time as I am. Are you getting excited for your trip? Sometimes I think planning is just as fun as the trip itself! :)

Oh thanks, nice to be here :) Ooooh, we are getting so excited. Our vacation is August 27---September 2. Yes, I agree about the trip planning!! I just want to savor these months and plan, plan PLAN! I haven't been to Walt Disney World since 1998 (ugh, so dating myself, ha). My husband and 5 year old son have never been, I'm so excited to share it with them and see how everything has changed.

Hi I just found your PTR and caught up! We'll be missing you by a bit because our next trip is in Sep.

I am hoping for good weather as I would love to spend a few hours relaxing by the beautiful pool before heading to Jiko for dinner!

We loved Jiko!

the dress shop at Cherry Tree Lane.

If it makes the decision easier they do not have a lot of merchandise there, and I wasn't crazy about what was left.

When we first went to Disney in 2009 I was convinced it would be an once and done kind of trip.

I thought the same thing on our first trip in 2015 :rotfl: Since then we've been on 3 more trips.

4 parks 1 day!!! Am I crazy?? Overly optimistic?? Well, whatever the outcome may be, this is my plan for Day 3.

I've never done this, but I do think it's possible.

Any other HS must do's??
Star Lord and baby Groot meet and greet if it's still going on! We also love GMR.

I'm glad you're planning to do breakfast at Sanaa, we ate breakfast there twice last month and enjoyed it. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to that point in my DR lol, but in addition to the grab and go items you can order off a menu and that's what we did. So good! I'm really happy they've kept the breakfast there since when it started it seemed like it might not be permanent.

Have you sorted your dining options yet? I'm sure you must be getting excited for your trip! :)

Yes thank you I sure am! I have my ADR's booked but of course the more you read TR's and research...the more you want to tinker with your plans lol...

I am now driving myself crazy, trying to figure out the best strategy for my 4 parks/1 day adventure. Originally I was going to start the day at AK, hop to HS, walk over to EP, have dinner at Geyser Point and end the night at MK.

Now I am thinking it might be better to start the day at HS and get in RRC and TOT at rope drop. Then grab breakfast at Sweet Spells (carrot cake cookie anyone???) , take in the streetsmosphere and stroll over to Epcot along the pathway. I really want to pop in to to Boardwalk, BC and YC as I would like resort pins from each of them for my collection. Then I would enter Epcot through the International Gateway, pick up my delicious ice cream macaron sandwich and stroll through World Showcase. Next up would be hopping over to AK and have fastpassess booked here for FOP, EE and possibly Festival of the Lion King. This might be the perfect opportunity for a light bite and a beverage at Nomad Lounge OR a chance to sample the Dole Whip with coconut rum OR both! It is vacation after all..... I adore MK at night so I would want to land there by about 7:30 at the latest so I can take a few attractions before HEA. MK does have EMH this night until 11 pm. I am really hoping park hours will be extended as I've never travelled when MK shuts down at 9pm, it feels so weird to me.

Would it be completely crazy to try to throw a casual dinner at one of the resort CS locations in there too? Or should I just pick up something at MK if I am feeling hungry? So many decisions and I am only 11 days out from making fastpasses so want to get some plans settled. All advice welcome, especially if you've done 4 parks/1 day yourselves. :)

Then grab breakfast at Sweet Spells (carrot cake cookie anyone???)
Yes, please!

So many decisions and I am only 11 days out from making fastpasses so want to get some plans settled.
I hear ya! I'm about at that mark myself and want to finalize things, too. My advice to you on your 4 parks 1 day plan is to have a rough idea of what you want to do - and I think booking your FPs at AK is a great idea! - but to remain flexible. If it was me, I'd think maybe adding a CS at a resort might be a bit much, but the beauty of being solo and remaining flexible is that you can adjust and go with what strikes your fancy at the moment! So if it makes sense at the time, why not?! :thumbsup2

Hi, my name is Kari and I also go to disney for the food :P I'm late as usual, but here now. Sorry we'll be missing you this year.

I like your 4 parks plan :thumbsup2 Not sure about a resort CS, maybe have one in mind and see how it goes? Then as @Tracy161 said, since you're solo you can adjust depending on time and how you feel.
Definitely grab that Carrot Cake Cookie for breakfast!!!! It's healthy right? Carrot :D

I love your 4 parks plan. And without any pesky kids or friends or spouses with you, I think it's totally doable. And that's the beauty of it...if you feel hungry, go eat...no one else to even have to discuss it with!

I am now only 64 days away from my trip, so you know what that means......I only have 4 days to finalize my FP plans! At this moment I am thinking of the following;

Aug 22nd: MK~ no FPs as I am rope dropping and focusing on classics. EP ~ FEA (finally get to see what hype is (or isn't) all about, Spaceship Earth and Soarin' during EMH. What else should I add in here? Do you find Future World clears out a lot during EMH?

Aug 23rd: HS ~ no FPs but am rope dropping ToT and RRC. EP ~ focus on World Showcase. AK~ FoP!!!!! EE and Safari. I am hoping I might be able to pick up a 4th FP for MK in the evening. Otherwise I'll hope for lower wait times during EMH.

Aug 24th: HS ~ Great Movie ride, ToT and the Music of Pixar Live.

Aug 25th: MNSSHP!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 26th: AK ~ FoP (again!), Festival of the Lion King and Kali River Rapids.

Aug 27th: Plans are still undecided for this day. Should I try for Epcot again in the morning? I do have a RoL dining package booked but I am debating whether or not I want to do RoL. Tiffins sound like a great meal but can I spend my last park day away from MK?? I just don't know......what would you do??

I am really hoping park hours get extended a bit, I just can't deal with a 9pm MK closure......

I hear ya! I'm about at that mark myself and want to finalize things, too. My advice to you on your 4 parks 1 day plan is to have a rough idea of what you want to do - and I think booking your FPs at AK is a great idea! - but to remain flexible. If it was me, I'd think maybe adding a CS at a resort might be a bit much, but the beauty of being solo and remaining flexible is that you can adjust and go with what strikes your fancy at the moment! So if it makes sense at the time, why not?! :thumbsup2
Thanks Tracy! Who knows what plans will actually become reality but it's still fun to plan!

Hi, my name is Kari and I also go to disney for the food :P I'm late as usual, but here now. Sorry we'll be missing you this year.
Welcome my friend! Sorry to miss you this summer as well. I have a few more trips up my sleeve so I'm sure our paths will cross again at some point. :)

Definitely grab that Carrot Cake Cookie for breakfast!!!! It's healthy right? Carrot :D
It's practically like having vegetables for breakfast!

I love your 4 parks plan. And without any pesky kids or friends or spouses with you, I think it's totally doable. And that's the beauty of it...if you feel hungry, go eat...no one else to even have to discuss it with!
Thanks Kathy! I am looking forward to trying it out.......should be fun!

Hi, I love your dining choices and FP+, I am working on sorting the FP's for us as well. I think I have our plans figured out for the most part. I do the FP reservations on 6/26/17. I love your 4 park day, I will join you for a carrot cake cookie yum! Are you excited for Pandora? I sure am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter