Solo and character pictures

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by elfling8, Jul 9, 2018.

1. elfling8

elfling8 Mouseketeer

I am not getting the photopass, if I go to a character greet, will a CM take a picture for me with my phone? I need me a picture with a certain Wookie ;)

2. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

They will almost always take a picture with your own device. They will also take the PhotoPass picture, and you can look a them online later with no obligation to purchase. I've never had a problem with a CM using my phone to take a picture.

karly05 and Wild4Walt like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kwdw

kwdw DIS Veteran

Yep! I do that all the time! Sometime the photo taken by the CM is better than the Photopass photo!

caribbeandream, karly05 and elfling8 like this.
  5. brad813

brad813 DIS Veteran

Absolutely, and with their camera as well. There is always a photographer there as well as a handler(who will usually be the one to take photos with your phone). I did this at the end April for Chewie. Wish I had my Han & Chewie magicband on that day.

elfling8 likes this.
  6. lunasea

lunasea Mouseketeer

Yep! We use them all the time so my husband and I can get pictures together. Both your camera and theirs if they have one. Heck, my husband and I have tried to take a selfie together in random locations and had CMs who happened to be walking past snap a pic for us.

7. HauntedHollywoodTower

HauntedHollywoodTower Keep Moving Forward

I have had CM's kindly take photos for us, but if there is no CM around, I am sure someone nearby would be happy to take a photo for you, and even return the favour if they want one!

8. rangerxenos

rangerxenos DIS Veteran

Yes, and they will happily do so. You do not have to buy Memory Maker at $199. The only thing you won't get is Magic Shots.

9. GeorgiaTiggerGirl

GeorgiaTiggerGirl Mouseketeer

They are always happy to do so!!

10. elfling8

elfling8 Mouseketeer

I got pictures with Chewie, BB8, Kylo Ren, Olaf, Starlord and Groot, and Snow White :)

11. GeorgiaTiggerGirl

GeorgiaTiggerGirl Mouseketeer

Wow!! I would love a meet with Starlord and Groot!

12. elfling8

elfling8 Mouseketeer

It was fun. I made sure Groot wasn't going to push the buttons. LOL