Sold Out 5/9-5/10--What is going on? And where to stay for 1 night?

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
We are heading down to Orlando a day before we check into Beach Club. I can not believe all of the hotels that are sold out 5/9. Wanted to stay at Downtown Disney Resort. B Resort even sold out. I thought this was a slow time of year:scared: I actually thought we would have our pick for our 1 night, pre-check in stay. Boy, was I wrong.

But, there are still quite a few hotels open, so we are excited to try something new. We will arrive in Orlando around 3pm that Thursday, and check out at about 6am to start to the parks.

3 Adults. 2 Children. 2 rooms are fine, but a Homewood Suites type of place would be good too. We want to walk to restaurant and shops and hang by the pool that night.

Expedia, Hot Wire, and Priceline Express tips are also welcome for those dates. Trying not to spend more than $300 for the night.

Thank you, everyone. You are always so helpful and knowledgeable:flower:

On Orbitz I'm seeing a Dolphin room for $191 (tight quarters though I'd think, but for 1 night...), Wyndam Grand for $203. There's a few other places but I don't know how close they are. It is kind of slim pickings.

We are heading down to Orlando a day before we check into Beach Club. I can not believe all of the hotels that are sold out 5/9. Wanted to stay at Downtown Disney Resort. B Resort even sold out. I thought this was a slow time of year:scared: I actually thought we would have our pick for our 1 night, pre-check in stay. Boy, was I wrong.

But, there are still quite a few hotels open, so we are excited to try something new. We will arrive in Orlando around 3pm that Thursday, and check out at about 6am to start to the parks.

3 Adults. 2 Children. 2 rooms are fine, but a Homewood Suites type of place would be good too. We want to walk to restaurant and shops and hang by the pool that night.

Expedia, Hot Wire, and Priceline Express tips are also welcome for those dates. Trying not to spend more than $300 for the night.

Thank you, everyone. You are always so helpful and knowledgeable:flower:

Just checked B Resort and there does seem to be availability for that night in a captivating queen...you will get a bit of a discount too if you book through www.disneyspringshotels.com

It really is!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I think I would have a breakdown in one room after the long, long drive:rotfl2:But that is a great price for the Dolphin from what I have been seeing lately.

Yes it's tough... and I am not really super familiar with how hotel booking algorithms work, but to me it seems like sometimes it is harder to find a 1 night reservation than it is to find a multi-day reservation for the same dates, possibly to do with them wanting to avoid empty/orphaned rooms for certain lengths of time... I hope you will find something suitable! Have a great trip.

It looks like the B is available on Hotwire's blind booking for your night at $95. It's showing as a Disney Springs 4 star hotel, 4.2/5 Very Good rating.
Thank you for this!

I am going to talk about booking with my husband tonight. If we decide yes, I will post the details of what we got.

It looks like the B is available on Hotwire's blind booking for your night at $95. It's showing as a Disney Springs 4 star hotel, 4.2/5 Very Good rating.

Following up on this. Thank you so much for your post. We waited until tonight and were able to get 2 rooms for our dates on Hotwire. $77 a piece. And yes! It was the B Resort.

I have read some scary reviews, but some good ones too. So keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again:lovestruc

It was Mothers Day Weekend, any holiday weekend is always a high-demand period in Orlando. Also, any conventions or special events (such as the cheerleading summit mentioned by Shelly above) are also a big factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter