Soft Opening of F&W

Wanna be Ariel

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on this. Are the crowds really bad? Are most booths open? Is it only 1 day? And is that day the Thursday before it opens?

We are leaving on Friday September 27th and I am very sad to be missing F&W, but then I thought I remember reading that they do a soft opening and I am thinking we might be able to fit this in.

Any help would be great

Yes, there is a soft opening, usually the day before and only for one day. I am pretty sure all the booths are open. It is advertised for cast members, but anyone in the park that day can take part.

Certainly not as crowded as the weekends during Food & Wine, but this is the day they try to work the kinks out.

Yes, the day before is to work kinks out such as CMs learning to process cash vs credit card vs Disney Reward cards vs Disney Gift cards. Even though they may get frustrated, they still have smiles on their faces as the lines are really short! I thought it was really interesting watching them figure out the best way to process orders and get the food out as quickly as possible.

I was there last year for the soft opening and to say it was less crowded would be an understatement. Evidently the word has gotten out.

I was there last year for the soft opening and to say it was less crowded would be an understatement. Evidently the word has gotten out.

I agree. I wouldn't call it uncrowded at all. And the "working the kinks out" really added to the frustration of the long lines, since each transaction often took 2-3 times as long as it should have in many places. But if that's the only chance you have to go, then just bring along an extra helping of patience.

I agree. I wouldn't call it uncrowded at all. And the "working the kinks out" really added to the frustration of the long lines, since each transaction often took 2-3 times as long as it should have in many places. But if that's the only chance you have to go, then just bring along an extra helping of patience.

Agreed, wouldn't miss it. F&W has become one of my favorite WDW events regardless of crowds.

Thank you for the great info. I am so happy I can get a littl of the FW in before we leave!!!

If it works into your schedule, go in the early afternoon. DD, a CM, and I did F & W as a late lunch and lines were non-existent. It was before park guests realized the booths were open and most of the CMs were getting specialty drinks! :)

If it works into your schedule, go in the early afternoon. DD, a CM, and I did F & W as a late lunch and lines were non-existent. It was before park guests realized the booths were open and most of the CMs were getting specialty drinks! :)

Thank you! That was out plan anyway. So that will work out perfect. I am fine with the lines. I went on a weekend in 2010 and that was crazy packed. Plus I wanna get a few things that I hope they will have again that I remember from my last time. Lobster Roll being one of them. YUMMO! Plus I also was preggo so I could not get a few of the drinks I wanted:rotfl:

Something is better than nothing.

Thanks for this info! We're also leaving on 9/27 and I was wondering about a soft opening for this. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter