Sofa Beds and Bunk/Murphy Beds at Grand Californian

2disneydads

Mouseketeer
We are planning to visit VGC this summer and we have a 1-bedroom unit booked for the 3 of us (1 adult and two daughters, aged 14 and 12). The plan is for me to use the bedroom and the girls to use the sofa bed and bunk/murphy bed. The 12-year old is somewhat petite. Does anyone have any experience with the relative comfort of the sofa bed and/or bunk/murphy bed? We still have the chance to change to a 2-bedroom unit if the beds will not be comfortable for the girls. Thank you in advance for any advice that you can provide.

Our family of 4 stayed in a one bedroom at VGC last summer and our 19 year-old son stayed in the pull out sofa bed and found it to be a bit more comfortable than the ones in WDW. DD15, slept on the murphy bed and liked it. No issues at all for them. The only problem they did have was her snoring - lol! Enjoy - we had a blast!

Our family of 4 stayed in a one bedroom at VGC last summer and our 19 year-old son stayed in the pull out sofa bed and found it to be a bit more comfortable than the ones in WDW. DD15, slept on the murphy bed and liked it. No issues at all for them. The only problem they did have was her snoring - lol! Enjoy - we had a blast!

Thank you for the report. Some hotel sofa beds are just awful, but we never have used one at any DVC resort. It just seemed so points wasteful to get a 2-bedroom when we'll be in the room for so little each of our 2.5 days.

It worked out great for us. My teenage daughter slept on the Murphy bed under the TV.
She was comfortable. I slept on the sofa bed with my wife, which was fine for three nights.
It is a thick mattress, not the bad thin ones.
My daughters and their kids were in the bedrooms, with room for all.
You will have plenty of room. It is fun being so close to the Parks!

It worked out great for us. My teenage daughter slept on the Murphy bed under the TV.
She was comfortable. I slept on the sofa bed with my wife, which was fine for three nights.
It is a thick mattress, not the bad thin ones.
My daughters and their kids were in the bedrooms, with room for all.
You will have plenty of room. It is fun being so close to the Parks!

Thank you for responding. That is good to know about the sofa bed. Sounds as though I can save the points and enjoy the 1-bedroom unit.

This past spring we had our 2 college kids on the sofa bed and fold out under the TV in the living room. They had no complaints or issues sleeping well. Claimed they were more comfortable than their dorm beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter