Sofa Bed-yay or nay?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Prince & Princess, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Prince & Princess

Prince & Princess Earning My Ears

Hi all! We are planning on being at Disney from October 14-19th 2019 and I have some questions about the sofa beds.

We are a family of 4, with 2 teens (boy and girl) and I'm trying to find something on-site for around the same price as my husband is finding off-site. He doesn't care about the Disney bubble but I do!!

If we rent points, which seems like a great deal, I'm sure I can convince him. Problem is the amount of studio rooms with sofa beds instead of 2 actual beds. How comfortable are these things? Likely it will end up being me and DD, as my boys are large and wouldn't do well on the sleeper sofa. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, but I dont want to be sore on vacation :) And as a follow up, if you do recommend the sofa bed, what resort has the best ones?

Any help is appreciated!!

2. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

I think you're going to find it very hard to find anything renting points for October 14-19 right now. Those dates are already within 7 months for people booking 7 days from dates last week. I see only one resort with studio availability for all of those dates right now. And it's about to enter refurb, so it's either old sofa beds, or new ones that we've seen pictures of but are totally new to Disney so no one knows.

There is more availability in 1BRs but you won't find those for the pricing you want.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. BillPA

BillPA DIS Veteran

If you are looking for Oct 2019, you're too late, most if not all unit are booked by now. You need to book at least 10-11 month ahead for some units you need to book at 8 am exactly at 11 months.

_auroraborealis_ likes this.
  5. DisneyMotherOf2

DisneyMotherOf2 Mouseketeer

We're in the same boat (boy and girl). I've slept on the sofa bed before and was fine, but honestly I don't know how new/old it was. Some studios sleep five so that might be an option as well for when you go. Good luck!

6. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Not for October 2019.

7. mort1331

mort1331 DIS Veteran

Ok let me answer the question you asked. I am a 6ft 200lbs male and I sleep on the sofa pull out. We have been to the SSR, AKL, BW, BC, BLT.
    I have had no issues for me. You will find some people are sensitive and may not like them, But I have no issues.
    Good Luck

8. GoofyCoaster

GoofyCoaster Earning My Ears

Slept on the sofa bed for 6 nights at BCV and AKL. BCV was slightly better than the one at Kidani, IMO. But both were more comfortable than most sofa beds (no metal bar in your back) and I slept great.

9. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

Old Key West has 2 regular queen sized beds in their studios.

10. Mikey15

Mikey15 Mouseketeer

Picked over and can change at anytime, but it looks like 1BR is available at most resorts for those days. 7mo window for Oct 14th starts in the morning though so it could change fast.

11. LRdismom

LRdismom Earning My Ears

If a reservation opens up, the sofa bed at Polynesian is amazing. I just slept one in October. The only other sofa bed I've slept on was at AKL in a Kidani 1-bedroom. It was absolutely awful. It might be tolerable with a mattress pad or perhaps doubling up on the mattress if housekeeping has extras. Hope you find something!

12. MinnieFan4ever

MinnieFan4ever <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

My daughter sleeps on the sleeper every trip. I have to on occasion.
    As of this morning, the 7 month window for your dates, there is still some availability.

13. miTnosnhoJ

miTnosnhoJ DIS Veteran

The sofa beds are queen size and not bad at all.

14. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

I don't think ALL the sleeper sofas are queen size, unless things have changed, some resorts had double/full size sleeper sofas.

crvetter likes this.
  15. LRdismom

LRdismom Earning My Ears

Also, all of the sofa beds are not the same. It varies by resort. I can't wait for more of the sofa beds to be upgraded.

16. miTnosnhoJ

miTnosnhoJ DIS Veteran

For those keeping score:
    There are double sofa beds at
    AKV studios
    BLT Studios
    Beach Club Studios
    Boardwalk Studios
    Boulder Ridge Studios
    Saratoga Springs Studios
    And all 2 BR lock-offs that include one of the above studios.

There Are Queen Sofa Beds at
    Copper Creek
    Poly
    VGF
    Most 1BR
    Most Dedicated 2BR

LRdismom likes this.