Soda in Kids Clubs, Night-Lights, Room Service Coffee questions

MollyX

Earning My Ears
I have heard that kids can get free soda pop in the Oceaneer Kids Clubs? Is that true?

Do the rooms, (we're in cat 11), have any lighting that can serve as a night light for the kids while not being so bright as to keep me awake?

I have read that room service food is included free but not beverages. Does that apply to morning coffee also?

Thanks in advance for all you veterans' tips! This Forum has been SOooo helpful!

Molly

First time Cruise coming up - 4 day Wonder, Jan. 20th with DS 11 and DD 5! :)

I do not know about soda in the kids clubs, since my kids are are older, but as far as room service goes, morning coffe is free as is all food and beverages except soda. I have ordered tea, coffee, glasses of milk, etc. from room service,

As far a light in the cabin, some people use the bathroom light and some people use the closet light as a night light.

MJ

Hi Molly! No free soda in the kids clubs, sorry -- they just have a drinking fountain in the club.

We have left either the bathroom or closet light on and leave the door open an inch or two. We have also left tv on and closed curtain (tv on low - of course).

We brought a nightlight and plugged it in using the outlet in back of the TV. If the ship is "moving", the bathroom door and/or the closet door can close with a bang, so I wouldn't count on it staying open to use as a nightlight if you have little ones that you want to continue sleeping!:)

Room service is free, not the beverages ie. pop or alcohol beverages. You must tip the server with cash. We would ordered our coffee and hot tea the night before and it was delivered on time every day. Also remember coffee and tea are free and there is the beverage station up on deck 9 that is open 24 hrs. with free beverages including cold milk. Kathy

I don't remember paying for sodas delivered by room service. Do these automatically go on your stateroom tab? I don't remember signing anything either.

:rolleyes:

THANKS EVERYONE!

As always - very helpful.

I'm feeling like this!----> :bounce: :pinkbounc :earseek: :bounce:

Molly

First Time Cruise Wonder 1/20/02 w/ DS11 and DD5!!!!!

Pugdog,

When we ordered soda from room service, they brought us a bar bill to sign, just as if we'd gotten it from one of the bars. If they forgot to, then maybe you lucked out!

The only time there isn't a charge for soda is in the dining rooms.

Another word about soda prices -

I have to be careful about consuming anything with sugar in it so I always get diet sodas. If I want a Diet Sprite, even at meal times in a sit down restaurant, I have to sign a bar bill. The same for Diet Coke in a can, which I prefer over Diet Coke from a soda fountain.

If your soda can be served from a fountain and served in a glass, it will be free at meal times in a restaurant. If it's from a can, it will cost you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter