Social Disney-ing...a Feb/March 2021 Chunky Birthday trip! COMPLETED 8/28!!

OMG another giant box....of cupcakes!!!
The cupcakes look too good to eat. They are gorgeous. I can't wait to hear what you do for your sister's birthday. :)

And double birthday desserts for Kara and I!
Are those little cheesecakes?
Here's Kara and I showing off our new birthday loungeflys. I love it!!
I love the loungflys. They match your cupcakes. :)
I stopped into Les Halles in France and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich to go. The line was not crazy long which was good as I was in a rush. What's nice is that they gave me the sandwich to-go in a big box, and the box came into good use as I stopped at Yorkshire County to grab a fish n chips to go! I placed it in the box and brought it back with me to Yacht Club. Steve and I had a feast sitting outside the quick service LOL.
This is why I love staying at the BC/YC. It is so easy to just run into Epcot for food and drinks, and entertainment. :) I just wish they would drop the 2pm park hopping rule, since it makes it a lot harder to run into Epcot for lunch.

I walked through the stores and saw this new display by Jerrod Maruyama, my favorite Disney artist. I have a bunch of these items now LOL, they are so cute!

AM-JKLV7wUU1B9yhhUX6CT2yMUHymwJAIa2-b-4fztpFv20Z6fdhpJqHsePolMtCj_bC3C0NB5YTLiRQis-DKi1RVReN6JtGJuCbML__pasWtZITjxzI77WhAT511k2UC5U34As68-FAtlnRw80PqPWkDbKyZw=w703-h937-no

These are soo cute! I think I would have needed that blue platter/dish/thing, whatever it is, even though I probably would have no use for it. 😆

lo and behold he was waiting for me with an almond milk latte from Starbucks. He knows me so well, LOL. I guess he just wanted to avoid grumpy Chunkymonkey that morning. 😆

Bless him! That Steve is a good man, providing precautionary coffee to prevent any potential grumpiness and make you happy :)

Sorry, you can still see the bags under my eyes without sunglasses. 8-)

No way! Your eyes just look smiley to me, not baggy.

MULAN CUPCAKES!!!

AM-JKLUkJrm9ZkZk3IlUcl_uEBq7bNJ4kG5vZz56zhgel08lzr8w16dct7oMZpSyGSJt-MNIoidt80uFmN2x9xa25g6TrT68mVSM5zpsYrM_amj1-ERLu-H_r9IKFC2LtO9ULHitHDzrCGPg_QCBZ31aImiJrw=w703-h937-no

These are AMAZING! I remember seeing one of her posts on the Ear for Each Other page, and her cupcakes are so beautiful. Truly art that you can eat. :lovestruc

First up, bread service!

AM-JKLWCubj_OQTmHFBfpVcdMrK0vNBPbH9djYKGxy70JYMfH9bRe9IJ9PN51qzhc8JK7O7PnDx6bVdpOrxd8pbGYwD71xYvqQA1fMmGjc72B-RJePrQcXh5mP-ziSafuvOhsPXW0FysEj7UxxStlFcTmVuKdQ=w703-h937-no

Yum! I'm getting hungry just thinking about this.

I had a fantastic most amazing birthday trip to Disney!! Thanks for following along and sorry for the delays.

Thanks so much for taking us along to relive your trip with you. It helped get me more in the Disney spirit again. :) Looking forward to hearing about Chunkysis's birthday trip!

I walked through the stores and saw this new display by Jerrod Maruyama, my favorite Disney artist. I have a bunch of these items now LOL, they are so cute!
I picked up one of these water bottles at the Disney store a few weeks ago and love it. Took it to work so I can have a little Disney in my stressed out work life

I met Steve by the fountain and lo and behold he was waiting for me with an almond milk latte from Starbucks. He knows me so well, LOL. I guess he just wanted to avoid grumpy Chunkymonkey that morning. 😆
He's a good one that Steve

AM-JKLWEDPZFSmwlr3t_rQDgje3porv1lFG9pYG0QPRsicP-aYEpl2pGOuGEVXB4hB4l2IjagJ8PAcMhBBFBcat6LDbSJrwKpKuxCoomZlNmX-FJTtvSbuCUuUadhghfSnNaPND4oP4Xr1jK-9Vwutkvl8qx0A=w703-h938-no

What are you apologizing for? Bags under eyes = the mark of a fantastic Disney vacation

MULAN CUPCAKES!!!

AM-JKLUkJrm9ZkZk3IlUcl_uEBq7bNJ4kG5vZz56zhgel08lzr8w16dct7oMZpSyGSJt-MNIoidt80uFmN2x9xa25g6TrT68mVSM5zpsYrM_amj1-ERLu-H_r9IKFC2LtO9ULHitHDzrCGPg_QCBZ31aImiJrw=w703-h937-no
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! Chunkysis certainly did you proud

And a last ride through the Land where we got the front row yay!
Have you seen that the land has been down for over a week now??? Is Steve as nervous as I am that something is seriously wrong?

So Steve got the extra 10th sauce, which is a super spicy sambal type sauce. He liked it!
We tried this on our last trip and boy is it hot. Made Jason literally sweat

And I couldn't leave without some...frushi! Although the novelty has worn off over the years, it has become tradition to get it at least once on every flower and garden trip.

AM-JKLXvalGbZooGcO9uCPZs3VBx7IW0HsREujruXOaG7EHWGqZIqdJwIdPYu3r4XDiltDlahWKPuAJRnHoTTTEfMmaKi7lpo4JhoM6wdjtrFpAc33dkIr2iTVyGkEXy82m48TdGW5q7PWomvJ1gQ3mYMQiGtg=w703-h937-no
It really isn't flower and garden without frushi. Even found Casey a shirt to mark the occasion

Love, love, love this sister shot. Can't wait to hear all about the latest adventures

As usual you out did even yourself. So happy you had such a fantastic birthday

I met Steve by the fountain and lo and behold he was waiting for me with an almond milk latte from Starbucks.
A BG for Rise AND a Starbucks drink?! You've got yourself a keeper ;)

What a wonderful birthday trip! I am always sad about last days (my own or on TRs) but yours truly was magical -- thank you for sharing it with us :lovestruc Excited to read your next! Have a great trip to the west coast! Oh, speaking of trips -- I just got back from the "real" Martha's Vineyard! So I was especially excited to hear about your trips "there" at Disney :thumbsup2

It was our last full day at the parks, boo. But happy to wake up at the Yacht Club.
So a good news/bad news kinda thing.
not only did he get a Rise boarding group for us (like a low number in the twenties), he headed to DHS while I slept in LOL.
:faint:
Impressive!
Since I no longer will have skyliner hair this will have to do. :crazy:
But we like skyliner hair!
I met Steve by the fountain and lo and behold he was waiting for me with an almond milk latte from Starbucks.
Now that's true love right there...
I guess he just wanted to avoid grumpy Chunkymonkey that morning. 😆
...or that. :rolleyes1
I really like their breakfast ronto wrap as you can't go wrong with egg, cheese, and sausage wrapped in carbs.
Didn't even know that existed. That looks great!
Nah. You look great, as always.
I spent some time doing the DVC photo scavenger hunt. Basically you sign up on the DVC website and you capture selfies at certain landmarks in a park and you get a pin if you finish a park.
Cool!
The people at the front desk were RAVING about what I had received. What was it?!?

OMG another giant box....of cupcakes!!!
Whoa! That looks fantastic! No wonder they were raving.
I was so fully rejuvenated now LOL.
Cupcakes will do that. ::yes::
Hoping the margarita makes eyebags go away...

(it did not)
:lmao:
Beautiful shot.
First up, bread service!
Looove that bread service!
o Steve got the extra 10th sauce, which is a super spicy sambal type sauce. He liked it!
Whoa. He likes super spicy, I take it.
You need to go to Sanaa hangry!
::yes::
You guys look great. :)
I headed to Morrocco to try the shakshuka. It was really good! It is egg poached in a savory stew of tomato and peppers. So good.
Sounds tasty. I'd try it.
I stopped into Les Halles in France and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich to go. The line was not crazy long which was good as I was in a rush. What's nice is that they gave me the sandwich to-go in a big box, and the box came into good use as I stopped at Yorkshire County to grab a fish n chips to go! I placed it in the box and brought it back with me to Yacht Club. Steve and I had a feast sitting outside the quick service LOL.
Good idea. I'll have to remember that. :)
And then it was back to reality in cold New Jersey.
<sigh> Always a joy to leave Disney and come back to cold...

Thanks for another fun Chunky TR!!

Since we had a late night I didn't want to head to the parks that early but Steve on the other hand decided to do the opposite and wake up early and not only did he get a Rise boarding group for us (like a low number in the twenties), he headed to DHS while I slept in LOL.

LOL! It doesn't sound like you slept in too long!

I noticed this stuff in one of the stores a couple weeks ago, but not my cup of tea. For some reason I'm not into baby characters.

I met Steve by the fountain and lo and behold he was waiting for me with an almond milk latte from Starbucks. He knows me so well, LOL. I guess he just wanted to avoid grumpy Chunkymonkey that morning. 😆

That was very sweet of him, but I'm not sure how some of you make it out of your rooms with clothes on and no coffee. I'm literally brewing coffee in my jammies (aka naked) or wearing my pool cover up before I even get dressed when I'm on vacation at Disney. At home my kitchen is 100 steps from the bedroom so I'm good to sit there for hours before coffee, but in a space as small as a villa, the siren song is so strong I have coffee in hand before I'm dressed and out of bed!

Of course after the ride in order to further avoid grumpiness the Chunky one had to be fed so off to Ronto Roasters. I really like their breakfast ronto wrap as you can't go wrong with egg, cheese, and sausage wrapped in carbs.

Sound like your breakfast choice was better than mine in my latest update. Then again you don't seem to mind the Beyond meat.

OMG another giant box....of cupcakes!

OMG! Those are SO cute!

We stopped at Mexico to get...nachos!! And a margarita.

Those look...... spicy!

So Steve got the extra 10th sauce, which is a super spicy sambal type sauce. He liked it!

I'm sensing a pattern here....

And double birthday desserts for Kara and I!

How sweet! Disney is the BEST!

It really was a great last day, no matter how tired I get at the end of a trip it is all worth it!!

I know what you mean!

I headed to Morrocco to try the shakshuka. It was really good! It is egg poached in a savory stew of tomato and peppers. So good.

That sounds good. One day I am going to try making it!

I had a fantastic most amazing birthday trip to Disney!! Thanks for following along and sorry for the delays. I promise to do better with my next TR...coming up soon, Chunkysis's EXTRA CHUNKY Big 4-0 Birthday Trip!!!

Looking forward to reading about it!

That is Love!!

#truelove
Def!

Of course after the ride in order to further avoid grumpiness the Chunky one had to be fed so off to Ronto Roasters. I really like their breakfast ronto wrap as you can't go wrong with egg, cheese, and sausage wrapped in carbs.

AM-JKLWe_qK7V5n_TYtMhHV5wppbMn6TC2RZXoj7Dwkbg44zMCOcvjyvQAn_C9YOyVCyOs72MbsxL59xIaC52hqcCTlfZosy4kUSy88Yro9hSrl5lzzrmFY7MjxRc2-qKgzWdrz4-kxP3xo4gkwQAC2kdgNxRA=w703-h937-no
I want to try the breakfast version!

MULAN CUPCAKES!!!

Beautiful!

However I could not bear to eat this art!
Right?

We met up with @paradesintherain for dinner at one of our favorites, Sanaa!

First up, bread service!
Yum!

I didn't know there was a 10th Sauce!!!

AM-JKLWpoVRNih9XSC81FanDuHhYRWoGJypSeUkGFJUQnCu1RKgoPuQndGI0R0Y7oG9oZIQL_wkp5KE_d9to9kdZkb08jfC7eyV3R79rTwC2E_OhDltHyU3BHbjTqqNfHkUC8Nhey2euUQogRcKnlAmC8MCESw=w703-h937-no
Love the bags!

I thought I had caught up on this TR, but I'm not sure, so here comes the quotes!!!

We slept in a bit (well, Steve went to the gym in the morning), and then I started my day with some banana chocolate chip bread and an almond cold brew at Le Petit Cafe. I miss it so much!

Your beloved almond cold brew! It's really delicious, and I don't even like whipped cream!

I love this little outdoor area next to Le Petit Cafe. It was perfect for the morning coffee and cake!

ACtC-3filqOYE5fN4sOd0YBlepgQ2J4co7u4e6kO5AgcneMpHVGZOXSrFPkByRZQJaH-DpEPZ-Y_r8YQItnldMMNPnLpe6va-4O2AG7kxsmJN1g-e4vX3FLxU7ESPvmj0efQfw46hn0FajgNhdcXQEyQOqPDkw=w529-h705-no

Aww that's where my family and I waited on our last morning at Riviera, it's so lovely!

We got ready and headed to Disney Springs. BTW here are the chocolates from the Ganachery which came in the champagne gift bundle from our friend Chunkydust.

She's so thoughtful! Very appropriately named.

We arrived at Disney Springs and I wasn't actually planning on going to Gideon's but I guess since we were there we decided to check out the wait. The line extended to Morimoto Asia! They said it would be an hour so Steve said he was ok waiting if I got him a Starbucks so I did just that then walked around while he waited in line.

Thanks Steve!! I know I sure appreciated his waiting in that line!

Stunning! Can't believe this is my home resort wow!

I checked in to Beaches n Cream via the app but they were running behind so we hung out at the beach for a while. I gave Molly and Karamie some Gideon's Cookies. They enjoyed it a lot more than me which was great as I can just keep giving my cookies away to people that like them more! :)

I know I sure did! I loooove that doughy center!

oh hey me. Beaches and Cream is so cute!

Awww, haven't seen this in a while. We need to do another trip since we can actually show our faces now! haha

I love that shirt! Is the bow iridescent? Did I see this in person? I think I did, but I sure can't remember.

When we got to Italy I had to get an Italian Margarita,

Yum! This + that cold brew drink from the breakfast stand gave me an embarrassing buzz!

Um wow! Look at those birds, perfectly framed!

Cuties! :love:

Geez, that is too beautiful.

For a main, I got the Rigatoni with Braised Chicken Sugo, Broccolini Rapini, Wild Mushrooms, Parmigiano-Reggiano which never disappoints, it's so rich and so delicious!

YUM, I agree, this was so yummy!

We had to grab a last breakfast and this time we tried the lemon blueberry pancakes with a side of bacon from Primo Piatti. They were sooo good! I am sad it was our first day discovering these pancakes but I guess we will just have to stay there more often or maybe make a specific stop there for breakfast other than for Topolino's!

This exact thing happened to us. We tried this and the bread pudding for breakfast and both were delicious!

I believe Steve and Kara had a regular margherita pizza and split that or maybe they each got personal pizzas because I failed to take a picture since Molly and I were just digging into our delicious pie!

I'm pretty sure I had to go with pepperoni and arugula. Man your pizza looks so gooood though!

We hung out with Molly and Kara all night, they came over to our room and we started chatting, which led to champagne drinking, and eating more Gideons Cookies (they like it way more than we do which was good since I had like 5 left LOL). It was so nice to sit and chat with friends after a very long socially distanced 2020....it was much needed and much appreciated! We all had a great time and it was in the wee hours of the morning until we parted ways, LOL!

This was such a good night. I'm so glad we had that time to just sit and chat <3

Aww, and now you have a purse with his art on it! Perfect!

These nachos are so satisfying. One of my favorite quick service meals, for inexplicable reasons.

We met up with @paradesintherain for dinner at one of our favorites, Sanaa!

Thanks for letting me tag along, I had the best time!

And Kara and I had mojitos. Mine had African Star rum but I don't think it's worth the upcharge.

Mojitos are the best!

Love this photo, you, and those bags!!!

This was sooooooo good.

I am very behind on responses for this TR! So sorry!

LOVE your trip reports, sorry I'm late to the party but excited for more!
Thank you so much!
Love reading your trip reports. Your pictures are great. I haven’t been on here in a very long time, but glad I’m back. Reading your trip report is getting me excited for my upcoming trip. :)
Thank you! I hope you have/had fun on your trip!
So cute! But holy cow you guys cut it close! I didn't realize how close your last Disney trip was to the start of the pandemic stuff.
Yeah like seriously when we got back it was suddenly Work from home and then Disney shut down and everyone was in a panic!
That's so awesome that you had such a great birthday trip! <3 I've loved reading about it so far.
Thank you Meghan!
You both look adorable! I sooo love their artsy outfits here, especially Mickey's!
Thank you!!
How great that you finally got to meet, and what are the chances of it happening on your shared birthday!?
Riight? So cool!! I might have told her that I'd be in Epcot for our birthday and that she should totally make a trip down. :)
Oooh how cute! I'd ask where to order one, but I absolutely have enough masks by this point in the pandemic and don't need to buy any more. :laughing:
Haha if you need another one, I think they are available on amazon and the brand is Rilakumma :)
That's such a great little birthday gift to get a song and a chat from these little cuties. And I can't believe how big they're getting! I still think of them as being the same age as on our wedding trip four years ago. :laughing:
Seriously! They are growing up way too fast and Eva is now a pre-teen and totally acts like she has teenage angst all the time, but at least Sienna still loves to eat!
I'm absolutely that person in my friend group! :lmao:::yes:: In my master's program it was a fairly small class so everyone in our year knew each other, and there happened to be three of us all named Meg[h]an, so unbeknownst to us our classmates had gone ahead and labeled us to help people know who they were talking about, and I was designated as "Disney Meghan." :thumbsup2
Yes!! I'm sure many can relate to this here!
Yum! I might have to try that! We've taken to making our own cold brew at home as of late, and it's super easy. We have a french press, so we were just making it in that, and then we got a little pitcher with a mesh filter thing kind of like you might use to brew tea, and we just keep some in the fridge all the time, and when it's starting to run low I put another pitcher on about a full day or so before we'd need it. Sometimes we buy pre-ground coffee that's course ground, but that can be hard to find so sometimes we grind it ourselves with a little electric grinder. I like it for iced coffee in the mornings. I bought vanilla syrup, and sometimes I make mint simple syrup because we have a mint plant on our porch, but I bet almond would be really good. :goodvibes
I totally went from being a coffee barista in the early stages of the pandemic to now drinking instant coffee and realizing I actually like it a lot more! I did not like my nespresso that much, the coffee was just too strong and bitter for me, and then when it broker we never replaced it. I drink Ricore now which is that French brand. I wonder if it's readily available in Canada vs the US. I have to get it from Amazon and it's super pricey but it tastes so good to me!
I'm kind of surprised you'd never had these until now! Nathan's ordered them as his meal at Y&Y before and he loved them.
Yes we were late to the game and now that is all we want LOL!
I hadn't been keeping up on the Disney chatter the last, oh, 20 months or so (lol!) so I hadn't even heard of this until recently when I read about it over on Alicia's trip report. It sounds delicious! I'm not a huge reeses pieces fan, but I do love peanutbutter and I've recently been able to add coffee back into my diet and love a good cold brew, so I'd definitely want to try it if it's still there whenever we go back. Yum!
It is so good! I really want another one, and next time I'm ordering two just for myself and then dumping it into one of those giant starbucks tumblers LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter