Social Disney-ing...a Feb/March 2021 Chunky Birthday trip! COMPLETED 8/28!!

I ended up calling them directly and getting a reservation. I knew this could be done at TREX but didn't realize you could do it at Yak & Yeti too. I was asked if I had the Landry card and have to give my number. Looking forward to eating there again.
Ah that is a good idea! Calling! I'm so opposed to calling anyone now it's so weird to have to speak to someone on the phone LOL!

Oh my, I got anxious just thinking about how to do the heimlich on a very pregnant woman. Thank god she was ok!
Yes it was a bit alarming but glad she was a-ok!
I love afternoons spent at the pool…just pray you don't run into friends having dinner whilst you're in a bathing suit and cover up :rotfl:
LOL if only I looked as cute as you in a coverup and glasses! :)
:laughing: I'm not sure what it looks like, but it doesn't look very appetizing!
I think it's supposed to be a mussel? :laughing:
That's a great perk!
It really is!! :)
What? I didn't know it ever closed?? I've only ever stayed at The CR/BLT and have never run into that :confused3
I didn't know either! I've never gotten to use it so to me it's just an imaginary walkway LOL.
I think it's because it's a drawbridge and it was having technical issues because of the electric water parade.
Looks like you two had a blast! I did my 40th in Disney (once upon a time) and there is no place better.
Oh you celebrated your 40th this year too? :P
And I agree :)
Wow! That is a seriously beautiful cake. Did Disney make that?
I ordered it from Juan's Cake Paradise. He has a facebook page. Former CM who was laid off or furloughed and this is his side hustle. I described what I wanted on it and it came out so good! PS the strawberries on top of the cake came from another vendor.
We are FINALLY going back next month but I'd bought our tickets last year when you couldn't park hop. Hoping I can it to our tickets when we get there because I so want to be in every park as much as we can. But we have discounted tickets so not sure we can do it.
Good luck! I can't see them not wanting to take your money and give you the hoppers, LOL.
Have a magical time!
That is a total man pose. Our male dog used to do that all the time and especially when we had people over. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew he was a boy
Haha that's why I assumed he was a boy tiger.
So glad to hear you loved these. But how in the world had you never had these before???? One of my absolutely favorite things in AK. And we usually do what you suggested. Share these and a few apps and its a win win for all.
I know, I know, I'm so behind on this one, maybe it's because we always go to Nomad or Tiffin's whenever we're in AK but now all we want to eat is Y&Y!
Okay, so I'm kinda in love with this photo of you. :)
Aw thank you! I was having the best time already! :blush:
I'm sorry.... considering your earlier comment... what????
Well we wanted to make sure he was a...boy?
Sorry! I was unavoidably detained.

Good enough excuse.
OK I forgive you.
All good... and nervous... but good!
That's...good!
I hope someday they can go back to speeding it all up again and sharing cabins. The whole point was efficiency.
I agree yet I like having my own cabin too :laughing:
So did we. :( Everything about the buses was unimpressive.
We were lucky that we did not encounter terribly long waits and we were not denied entry onto a bus on our last trip but we've heard horror stories.
They are horrific. They almost completely block the panoramic view now of the WS across the lagoon from just about EVERY angle. I hate them.
Yeah I cannot see how it will look BETTER.
Spoiler alert:

I did!
Yay!!
It sure looked like it! Wished we could have crossed paths... maybe next time. :)
Definitely!
YAY!!! I had been regularly looking to see if you'd put a TR up for your recent trips, but I guess I hadn't checked in a while! I'm here now and SO happy to see you back on the Dis!!! :hug:
Hi Tracy! I missed you!! :hug:
Not once have I heard "jam" and NOT thought of your sister ever since that TR! :rotfl:
OMG I know!! So many jam jokes on our sister trip. :rotfl:

Part 8: A Relaxing Day with a Cherry on Top

Thank goodness today was a rest day! We definitely had a really fun but long day yesterday and we decided to just chill at the resort and go to Disney Springs for the day. We have dinner later that evening with Kara and Molly at one of our faves, Beaches n Cream, yum yum!

We slept in a bit (well, Steve went to the gym in the morning), and then I started my day with some banana chocolate chip bread and an almond cold brew at Le Petit Cafe. I miss it so much!

ACtC-3cOsfMuQv4HrnEjoYgd0Gs8Umur1Cr4gTYLHzO-fYBuCM0CbUCVgNtfcyveV6P4-PmvzqkxHmyCI-4vxDuOyxZTicJxmb5Q5LCnSOAnkiXqiPZL8KiDWFwezm3ycGe-u9fbLWtQcmbg7I_ih0ewlSg0Vg=w529-h705-no

I love this little outdoor area next to Le Petit Cafe. It was perfect for the morning coffee and cake!

ACtC-3filqOYE5fN4sOd0YBlepgQ2J4co7u4e6kO5AgcneMpHVGZOXSrFPkByRZQJaH-DpEPZ-Y_r8YQItnldMMNPnLpe6va-4O2AG7kxsmJN1g-e4vX3FLxU7ESPvmj0efQfw46hn0FajgNhdcXQEyQOqPDkw=w529-h705-no

We got ready and headed to Disney Springs. BTW here are the chocolates from the Ganachery which came in the champagne gift bundle from our friend Chunkydust. They are so adorable!!

ACtC-3ecLiGkmcrWwiD1cvSb4Aff7sO0nRFM5TGkEt0mvGEG25XBU6BvKfEasMwTqK_aK8Oe0GfnMwVa8UqM7ftq5h-cqmbI8hn3D969fatoRENeJTSEsAjQt9ud6d4iyZkNp81fCkwhuxSJZwI9JpgGQ-h9cQ=w529-h705-no

We arrived at Disney Springs and I wasn't actually planning on going to Gideon's but I guess since we were there we decided to check out the wait. The line extended to Morimoto Asia! They said it would be an hour so Steve said he was ok waiting if I got him a Starbucks so I did just that then walked around while he waited in line.

Here is the insane line at Gideon's. BTW they do not start the virtual line until about noonish, which is when the quick service at Morimoto Asia opens since they cannot block the entrance.

ACtC-3eXieB1756FsPDisAy5XHe4nYwS8x3NghJ4bC-_KSrvr6wyJ6sxyI0CHB6dzcvt3nY3-961laf1lJIYYJ5CSMSPTnX8vK-9eOEHHDjIR-DmF-f7pV73ZiHmtLDJE19oP1dUSIheuy1H1j0kb5x_aaCV3g=w319-h412-no

I wandered around Disney Style for a bit and walked through a few other stores before Steve told me to head back

Once he was almost at the front of the line, Steve texted me and I went to join him. Very excited about our first time inside. When we finally went in, I was so surprised at how small it was, and it resembled something out of Harry Potter than a bakery. It was very cool!

ACtC-3c_gcUCIlR3G4RbZajcjTCc8ThJQXWECPGJJu4iZACFPIFxuDoxYi9nKMIi_BWPGdt_CFXY4mbhUULoRFwWsmvaJ5k3wcZ59qVch4ImnERxYSJ17Hpq13w5hFNK72k29jUUTTNObUQLUcbW-w6HqtzXNA=w430-h573-no
ACtC-3dB5R9cP1IK23BGpGhOZQ2I3kjxl9NG8iokhvbLGlkLftByOmYAsIGMtlZCaSV2sfQ09hzKD0Y5nlM6Rwo5trUBQeYrkGh3QbvlX8PZGIyr33WDThj05601i7m13YbnXW9KsEL2247ydsNahQ0atv9KLw=w430-h573-no

We ended up getting 10 cookies between the two of us (limit is 6 per person) and I think we got 6 regular chocolate chip, 2 peanut butter, and 2 pistachio. I also got the peanut butter cold brew because I had heard so much about it.

ACtC-3cMJdJmnvJp4JqhPLyV9APtHCBxjUxX3WYRbioyFgTqxV3yZznekuLl-IQk23UPQbuwqE7JibHlX58FBs87H_MfANyatHm8lxeQ1WczvFfy8lcS9bJCdJiGfAkQ_YqmJ-DqNJy2sLsjOpHMDJLXxa_P-g=w430-h573-no

OMG this drink is soo good! It's sweet but not terribly so but it has a great peanut butter flavor that is hard to describe, it was just so yummy, like a Reeses Pieces, almost! I wish they had a separate line just for the coffees!

For lunch we tried a place new to us, Chicken Guy! I cannot turn down chicken fingers and fries! They were yummy!

ACtC-3eeyVtYQDkkje0NRmxCa2TAHibOgD4_mKHArV2QO971uRdM_H8ai-hNCZAAkwMGgG3svJ-UL6e9DwZ4fByNtwXU35bGX10sMvp21yqohKi8UBXSbDs3KI-C322ka1np1PtX1oRt4cEZyeGcMBY1ejFIYA=w430-h573-no

The chicken was fried nicely and didn't have that processed meat texture. The fries were good too with a nice seasoning on it. The fun part was all the dipping sauces.

ACtC-3dR5FDRF1RReZGgXH5ezLlukfOrnVRGdjRR2sgPZ93L3plGBfrP5XEIk4UpQ9f6PW5GfA5Rjv0kYl8GsFY1pEeEVIxiplcAE9KHv3_3-kjCtkwPnABpd3cEqLb67Bqg2kd5ZClW4C9QURsWM5BT2hxkoQ=w430-h573-no
ACtC-3fFQyaYZtwaT9a7p5Ww-zxEgSEMbHrq5QW0uFBEFweSHe7Lg1ZSCpyTg3vj4tqzVCKFXQvMdscy2_tv7NmS11Ii-QQDIxoUTdUE_fH0bWefBSd18d6TADuJDfrbMtQ9PqSUu0a49lj-CnhY8Acj-xAOIQ=w430-h573-no

We got Donkey Sauce, Special Sauce, Nashville Hot Honey and Habanero. We enjoyed them all but we both liked the Habenero as it had a nice kick and a tang that was really tasty to eat with the chicken. I tried a few more sauces during the trip with my sister and we also like the Wasabi mayo as well.

OK time to try my first Gideon's cookie!

ACtC-3fBRG12X2g6RdUh9KeoYfFawcjNK5VqcFpTbrWJDyoKK64mxQwEr_3fKtfyuypMdk35f16MVX2kt3ioHMy13xfNrWvIjbBy0RyDECOu-kxioeZk2i75odtpb7HFdMS8jj8PWHJhxm7ToSe4u2nMEFGmzw=w430-h573-no
ACtC-3dOdqrttDyLo0auPU5Tf8_XuCGjghG3vMYJyY2vw06iJHATAUA_WGvwRtqfP_fxQKaEA90FEUnrxNiRFCLyGA3DuCYfccZxGKF3nJSQHg06knIAvL8GeGDMlTI2HZHeOfd_UVmmm7KDgc3eLza54gnokg=w430-h573-no

I took a bite, then another...was it worth the hype? What did I think?

Well, I thought it was good, but not great. The first bite is all chocolate chips. Then as you get closer to the center it tastes more like raw cookie dough, which is great if you like that sort of thing, but I prefer my cookies to have a nice chewy consistency instead of just crumbly dough. I mean it was good but definitely not something I would wait hours for. I'd rather get the peanut butter cold brew! Steve agreed with me, and he's not a sweets person anyways.

I wanted to shop some more and Steve wanted to head back to the pool so he left Disney Springs, and I headed into World of Disney. Definitely go during the day to avoid the lines and the crowds! I bought stuff for my nieces and nephew as well as this hat for Steve:

ACtC-3cdtQp0_RWPmfx7WUgi_Nxl5AtL0u0YBcBUqOmgXDqeOlZbSP0dzmrayhklqm3uNZJFCwTz-cbWPvr_cVwn0qUPjIKWn5qtvfonxU-w7s2TjzMzvX_AYns-37IG9I5XAUblFQ0Xv8PqtgQVbv5zBcwzGA=w430-h573-no

When I had finished all my shopping I headed out to the buses. At that point it started to rain so I had to quickly run over to the bus stop for cover. I think I did get an empty bus back to the Riviera though!

ACtC-3dsg69ZMplhwwb2C-yyZwFkUtVdavrb6ehd6SnhfBm4n51Bb0-NzFMjrmxlHlkjPGBVAfDOsum_T4t1zTVWuN0RLilIdbgzq8_dmT1MR_HCnzJrwz6dBs3ZDDc2VT_SVDrhJ-l64wlXdUHhg_gSvlbNpg=w430-h573-no

Once back I headed upstairs to drop the stuff I bought, changed, and went back downstairs out to the pool.

It was such a pretty day, and fortunately it only rained for that bit at Disney Springs.

ACtC-3fiWOl_lbKVNLZSpHFqDERKkqu-Osjdb1E5ApBmVaVhP2SIxkgjP182nN0q3GwYMbDMGXAXaM7LE_gf9Z9IUDfHtFKKjrtUjtpmjSA-OZoqF5P9gSZ5KAihY_GiD3XxNh2gBog_4MESyarlFODwFFkKAQ=w764-h573-no

The pool was lovely and we had a nice late afternoon to enjoy it as the resort. Steve even got some of his favorite salad from Primo Piatti.

ACtC-3fnQOn3Bqz_SRozNolnfJnxExEjix55RS9V2gScAwIL-d8A8ol8r57L1BBy4WOj43SfWAJ3EwW5cBXJPMUygXQSWS4AUoOOoMyLQ2AuZ0RC9T7sBloKDYNklEhp77n4A4luNOddA7bgylMCHtkKdMr9eg=w387-h516-no

I found a nice shady spot under an umbrella because I don't like being out in the sun anymore.

ACtC-3cKyY4Za1eIHVbIvUWeiPzUp52Kiv3M2qce0JQcPSIH6xVLtAGPHVZpJ5C4cFsBtOoDz2dFsfqwF_sOiMj0ImwIoq_zIP0jyswuNTrdOoVLdvjwZlRYz-5nJI0UAeXmuU2ClZnTEMcmuuLrQE5WEvyWwg=w430-h573-no
ACtC-3dweDImw50CtntGzetiwObgVW9RbKTyj3tcwKYr4Pl-QnfH9Fnq6CHDavZacYmUf4RLQ5bAPlGxoEBCLB2CRInKnR7A0PjRW0ojykZCYfZTgJve_V9WjTZ1MHKKj6PZQM_gV-O69g_GDnoLyPb120rwHw=w430-h573-no

After a few hours at the pool we went back up and got ready to head out to dinner at Beaches n Cream.
Once ready we took the Skyliner over to Epcot without much wait.

Oh look more skyliner hair gifs! I know you missed them :rotfl:

ACtC-3dkR5s6Dv7lK8ZryC4cdQ1cGw3ltTsub6DsCMOCbj4KH7_h7yTocs96rJwtTiMKyPrM2aJ1A2dyWy4sgKsQXeedpQKwuqtU_IDle7tn2oNdUAU7I6TOan5mblNtl6pSCui6yDOnYomryQN6QdoUsvg5ag=w320-h495-no

It wasn't too windy that day so not much tornado hair action!

When we reached the Epcot station I decided to run into the park and to check out the area they opened up behind France since I didn't get to do so yet. Steve went to wait over by the Beach Club.

ACtC-3dpPrYJiXB1xN8ctzl8pYTT5S0jb9yEVdibIovXH8CGWxR4zPf9ulTGMjVknvrM7pi9enwHJ8v95N69o5GOKS6HCd5r4DeA-yFiVFsu-2xycHzCIRjm8bHGJBJRWpu6kWQC-KkSn49_A2y3BuaxAtH1Rg=w387-h516-no

So there wasn't that much there really, just a long walk way with a bathroom at the end. The entrance to Ratatouille is there too. So nothing much to see at this time, but can't wait until Oct 1st when it opens!

I didn't have anything else to do and it was a bit busy so I just went to the Beach Club. Molly had texted that they were all hanging out the at the beach in front of the resort so we all met there.

ACtC-3crFJ6dN5RPpyKOsW3rApE95tq1odvCbhL6ajwKNcsWBr6K6dXbt3wOgX7Rt887Wgx4Zv6BR5DinHXmOrrRiL2xQ3PO-g02Cc7RzZpx7lBO7neonng2EtEhAlG6HMnfx4VkcxMDP1-VRiylYtmYwqJnZw=w387-h516-no

Such a beautiful evening. It was much cooler which made it so much better!

I checked in to Beaches n Cream via the app but they were running behind so we hung out at the beach for a while. I gave Molly and Karamie some Gideon's Cookies. They enjoyed it a lot more than me which was great as I can just keep giving my cookies away to people that like them more! :)

Finally after like an extra 20 minute wait our table was called and we were excited to eat!

ACtC-3cIBQbYLJ6vsJ1U4isF4eoktpKrPbkI1_i1oVtwO8eGpqngO0mUSXT514Snk0afgJjyWbz-fUj7Qw7nJcB1DDO3AEOvg30earFpCiE2u5-O1RMbIhfavLWwmDOIJ2rNHENbOY3ZXpwxAT1om7nsN2of-A=w688-h516-no

We did not hesitate on what to order. I think we just wanted to eat something!
I ordered the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

ACtC-3ch9sZN-hmXY07-Db7tpS9TkTohplJLnwic8WYhYHG20mCCdpEmrlewmV7_w5P9tIQcdQWB4KmVTQtfWpM2035EWsBRh39Wim8g7g7aUIqCahpAN-v-d8qDFJ9z0SXYiNIOSa3-zehYlVFAkOuHVAutXQ=w688-h516-no

It was so perfect and hit the spot!

Steve got a cheeseburger and I ate a lot of his fries too :)

ACtC-3caPFDe7Lpo0YJU_j09UVJmioXqx4bpQC_caV8Ve0i4zjbaK3DJQpKIW6STtYrr1lRJZcghc5GZ_1IZWdg1e37PGxgNSfdx3FEaVS8uuLzvRSAlO6AsbQBAejYZ-syZ3iHX_vQATYbCU9pfOsMD9Y8kcw=w756-h516-no

I love the burgers and Beaches n Cream!

We all split a No Way Jose sundae! It was a bit melty by the time it go to our table.
Still it was yummy and we managed to put away a decent amount of it!

ACtC-3d1n2LEwd1dpoL6ohLgXH-9bs1mBcRlW1Wai5N-naVBiRMrI4Ziu-xuba1lUDUvj460OKmeR_vBs34ZnzQPo7R51x0vme2nwjx_NappxBCRhatklOydZWnzwdsYDkqBmY9KUZIr9mu6f0Y5XjOHxF4D4g=w387-h516-no

More birthday cupcakes for me and Kara! (Her birthday was in a few days)

ACtC-3dNeO-xZwrLWk8odOLdiMLjpROWMXmlW2Ic0sUpKMEYjcFdgNLcf06dhVY8k3o23rUfdtkAsxfSQ46b-4574XElfCj6myJRhmzDRRLI_EeuKRchRSwlgfGz2lshudzH2C0MdJDTzO4xz5Ne7IwhsQfAcg=w387-h516-no

This one doesn't look like it has a dead thumb on it, whew. 😆

And the funniest thing is how they spelled my name on the ticket. Those who know me - this isn't my name at all it's a very strange butchery of it. LOL. Not sure where they got it from!

ACtC-3eE3wvQC7ICXCY32P7y1hHuRspsthIkxqs8aEfRuUXeEvCQikgMyTJj5KKygYbape3Wue22OIQwMVhn3r0Agbp0gr259gcEEe-cWSfNB59wVDZwW7AwPSjPlcULP7WMKDcwxHfmMLLxhHMEu-5dQuq_hg=w387-h516-no

It was a really fun dinner and so happy that Molly (@mollydolly34) and Karamie (@paradesintherain) could join!

Here's some pics that Steve took of us after dinner:

ACtC-3dqTLE3q9lYlO-pL5xyZpPjjNCKIeSRmAN8wVK3IpoOjcwSxbtJmzx8EihoClUXdR7d7KoGqp_2cxYP4HBg_7p2kAAleD4arcDXOzviA_Ta3WkTxyy39BEVNcRTynr1kQ1Mso_v6UmB9CAXmGtn0dXsog=w688-h516-no

SMYZE ladies!

ACtC-3eei-vk0OtzbC7uqof0lwkNMKrUouWpTtzcQAx-0i1xPvHTCRbPTKyBrMUY9kdEqTqNPBfQNgVfpB_ov010fCCTSE_IFaTNJlhl9RZWccLoeHYQ_Wc-ammYpvrQK72YZ2PKtOFH7AJcbVt1-U7uoCI4bQ=w387-h516-no

After we said goodbyes Steve and I headed to Martha's Vineyard and had a few drinks and said hi to David. I had a Moscow Mule and I think Steve had a wine or beer.

ACtC-3fH_RJ51UUXVamANjrZL5JhGjvDY-3GSrHT3KAtO4uaXuAeB5czqmUv6xIkJupm-wDjTKcYJTyqu0GWO-neo2pH9h85154z3I9atqPHXMS_cWPyqgWDb3OqgO2mQnXQ2otTXwL5TbFScK_cXD9sMpRang=w387-h516-no
ACtC-3eF4fwz0VgAiH0sBBzcG9t8wCAMINaZ9Wo9hNIBe0xkhhg7k_dkKPLDYR6pK-MXEfYM_ffMgN4CpEkK2ilmXMZ_sxgv2-2Tg9zzcSf0lqlqCyBbYaOgYkuWJJtO8GRAj-zomE2xd58XcQR2gF08VJpTNQ=w387-h516-no

It was pretty late then so we left but as we were walking to the Skyliner we realized it had stopped running. Ooops we had lost track of time! So we took an Uber back to the Riviera. Oh Well! Too much fun (drinks) can do that to you.

Tomorrow we check out the first day of Flower and Garden and dinner at our favorite, Toppolinos!! Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Thank goodness today was a rest day! We definitely had a really fun but long day yesterday and we decided to just chill at the resort and go to Disney Springs for the day. We have dinner later that evening with Kara and Molly at one of our faves, Beaches n Cream, yum yum!
I love a good resort/Disney Springs day!
We got ready and headed to Disney Springs. BTW here are the chocolates from the Ganachery which came in the champagne gift bundle from our friend Chunkydust. They are so adorable!!
Those look delicious!
Well, I thought it was good, but not great. The first bite is all chocolate chips. Then as you get closer to the center it tastes more like raw cookie dough, which is great if you like that sort of thing, but I prefer my cookies to have a nice chewy consistency instead of just crumbly dough. I mean it was good but definitely not something I would wait hours for. I'd rather get the peanut butter cold brew! Steve agreed with me, and he's not a sweets person anyways.
I am on the fence about those cookies. While I like sweet things, they do not always like me back.
The pool was lovely and we had a nice late afternoon to enjoy it as the resort.
Look at the beautiful sky!
I checked in via the app but they were running behind so we hung out at the beach for a while. I gave Molly and Karamie some Gideon's Cookies. They enjoyed it a lot more than me which was great as I can just keep giving my cookies away to people that like them more! :)
Sharing is caring.....
My favourite thing to order at B&C!
SMYZE ladies!
Beautiful picture of you three!
After we said goodbyes Steve and I headed to Martha's Vineyard and had a few drinks and said hi to David. I had a Moscow Mule and I think Steve had a wine or beer.
Nice!
It was pretty late then so we left but as we were walking to the Skyliner we realized it had stopped running. Ooops we had lost track of time! So we took an Uber back to the Riviera. Oh Well! Too much fun (drinks) can do that to you.
Sounds like you had a perfect evening!

OK time to try my first Gideon's cookie!

ACtC-3fBRG12X2g6RdUh9KeoYfFawcjNK5VqcFpTbrWJDyoKK64mxQwEr_3fKtfyuypMdk35f16MVX2kt3ioHMy13xfNrWvIjbBy0RyDECOu-kxioeZk2i75odtpb7HFdMS8jj8PWHJhxm7ToSe4u2nMEFGmzw=w430-h573-no
ACtC-3dOdqrttDyLo0auPU5Tf8_XuCGjghG3vMYJyY2vw06iJHATAUA_WGvwRtqfP_fxQKaEA90FEUnrxNiRFCLyGA3DuCYfccZxGKF3nJSQHg06knIAvL8GeGDMlTI2HZHeOfd_UVmmm7KDgc3eLza54gnokg=w430-h573-no

I took a bite, then another...was it worth the hype? What did I think?

Well, I thought it was good, but not great. The first bite is all chocolate chips. Then as you get closer to the center it tastes more like raw cookie dough, which is great if you like that sort of thing,

I love that sort of thing! Yum! 😋

It was such a pretty day, and fortunately it only rained for that bit at Disney Springs.

ACtC-3fiWOl_lbKVNLZSpHFqDERKkqu-Osjdb1E5ApBmVaVhP2SIxkgjP182nN0q3GwYMbDMGXAXaM7LE_gf9Z9IUDfHtFKKjrtUjtpmjSA-OZoqF5P9gSZ5KAihY_GiD3XxNh2gBog_4MESyarlFODwFFkKAQ=w764-h573-no

The pool was lovely and we had a nice late afternoon to enjoy it as the resort.

ACtC-3cKyY4Za1eIHVbIvUWeiPzUp52Kiv3M2qce0JQcPSIH6xVLtAGPHVZpJ5C4cFsBtOoDz2dFsfqwF_sOiMj0ImwIoq_zIP0jyswuNTrdOoVLdvjwZlRYz-5nJI0UAeXmuU2ClZnTEMcmuuLrQE5WEvyWwg=w430-h573-no

Gorgeous!

We all split a No Way Jose sundae! It was a bit melty by the time it go to our table.
Still it was yummy and we managed to put away a decent amount of it!

ACtC-3d1n2LEwd1dpoL6ohLgXH-9bs1mBcRlW1Wai5N-naVBiRMrI4Ziu-xuba1lUDUvj460OKmeR_vBs34ZnzQPo7R51x0vme2nwjx_NappxBCRhatklOydZWnzwdsYDkqBmY9KUZIr9mu6f0Y5XjOHxF4D4g=w387-h516-no

That looks so good! I definitely have some making up to do when we are at The BC in August!

And the funniest thing is how they spelled my name on the ticket. Those who know me - this isn't my last name at all it's a very strange butchery of it. LOL. Not sure where they got it from!

ACtC-3eE3wvQC7ICXCY32P7y1hHuRspsthIkxqs8aEfRuUXeEvCQikgMyTJj5KKygYbape3Wue22OIQwMVhn3r0Agbp0gr259gcEEe-cWSfNB59wVDZwW7AwPSjPlcULP7WMKDcwxHfmMLLxhHMEu-5dQuq_hg=w387-h516-no

What the?? 😂

SMYZE ladies!

ACtC-3eei-vk0OtzbC7uqof0lwkNMKrUouWpTtzcQAx-0i1xPvHTCRbPTKyBrMUY9kdEqTqNPBfQNgVfpB_ov010fCCTSE_IFaTNJlhl9RZWccLoeHYQ_Wc-ammYpvrQK72YZ2PKtOFH7AJcbVt1-U7uoCI4bQ=w387-h516-no

So pretty! :love:

I love this little outdoor area next to Le Petit Cafe. It was perfect for the morning coffee and cake!
I think that those outdoor seating areas are a great addition to the Riviera. Do you need to be a resort guest to use them, or can anyone get into those spaces?

When we finally went in, I was so surprised at how small it was, and it resembled something out of Harry Potter than a bakery. It was very cool!
I love the interior design of the bakery. I would go into it just to see it. But what makes it so crazy popular?
Well, I thought it was good, but not great. The first bite is all chocolate chips.
That chocolate chip cookie doesn't look good to me at all - too many chips.
It was pretty late then so we left but as we were walking to the Skyliner we realized it had stopped running.
The operating hours of the Skyliner should be a little longer, instead of just one hour after park closing.

Last edited:

Bummer you didn't like the cookies!! But I see what you mean about the first bite being all chocolate chips and the second bite being all dough.

I hope they eventually reopen the to-go window at Beaches and Cream. The Boardwalk area reallllly needs a to-go ice cream place again ASAP!!!

I've been wondering about Gideons, especially since the line is always insane. I'm wondering if it'll die down before we go in December? Doubt it. Seems worth a try, even to see the cool decor inside.

Also B&C is on my short list for next trip. We're staying off site and really want to ride the skyliner. I thought maybe we could do B&C then have a loop on the skyliner. The food looks like good old diner food and my kids would love it!

PS - The windy hair skyliner videos are always hilarious, keep 'em coming!

I love a good resort/Disney Springs day!
Me too! I certainly don't have that many of those but the ones we've had we've really appreciated!
Those look delicious!
They were but the Mickey and Minnie chocolates were too cute to eat! I felt bad eating them, LOL.
I am on the fence about those cookies. While I like sweet things, they do not always like me back.
Yeah they are a little too sweet for me, I tend to go more savory with my snacks.
Look at the beautiful sky!
It was a gorgeous day!
Sharing is caring.....
That's what I say too! :)
My favourite thing to order at B&C!
So yummy!! Always hits the spot!
Beautiful picture of you three!
Thank you!
Sounds like you had a perfect evening!
We did!!
I love that sort of thing! Yum! 😋
LOL you would have loved it!
That looks so good! I definitely have some making up to do when we are at The BC in August!
Hope you get your appetite back! Although I could use some "less appetite" these days :rotfl: but definitely not a Disney! I want to eat everything.
What the?? 😂
LOL it was too funny to not share!
So pretty! :love:
Thanks Kelly!
I think that those outdoor seating areas are a great addition to the Riviera. Do you need to be a resort guest to use them, or can anyone get into those spaces?
Yup they are free to anyone to use. There are two balconys I think, when you walk into the lobby head straight back and they are on either side of the stairs through glass doors. A really nice seating area especially if your room doesn't have a view.
I love those interior design of the bakery. I would go into it just to see it. But what makes it so crazy popular?
It's just the novelty of the cookie and the concept, really. And the fact that it has been instagrammed like a million times, LOL.
That chocolate chip cookie doesn't look good to me at all - too many chips.
Yeah, it was definitely too much for me. Glad I went once so I know I don't have to go again.
The operating hours of the Skyliner should be a little longer, instead of just one hour after park closing.
I agree!! I think with capacity increasing they would do so. The lines for the skyliner at the end of the night are pretty insane at park closing!

and it resembled something out of Harry Potter than a bakery.

YES! And I kinda loved that. LOVED that it's not Disney IP and princesses.

I'm the same. Exact same thoughts and like you, I'd go back for a coffee (didn't get to try that), but the cookies aren't mindblowing. Good yes, and I'd go back if I was with someone who hadn't tried one yet, but I just need a bite or two.

The pool was lovely and we had a nice late afternoon to enjoy it as the resort. Steve even got some of his favorite salad from Primo Piatti.

ACtC-3fnQOn3Bqz_SRozNolnfJnxExEjix55RS9V2gScAwIL-d8A8ol8r57L1BBy4WOj43SfWAJ3EwW5cBXJPMUygXQSWS4AUoOOoMyLQ2AuZ0RC9T7sBloKDYNklEhp77n4A4luNOddA7bgylMCHtkKdMr9eg=w387-h516-no

That looks fantastic. I need to try this place out sometime.

It wasn't too windy that day so not much tornado hair action!

LOL!

When we reached the Epcot station I decided to run into the park and to check out the area they opened up behind France

I do love that little area. For now it's quiet, it's a nice bathroom, and there is some lovely art back there.

So nothing much to see at this time, but can't wait until Oct 1st when it opens!
My plan was to be at the IG around 8:00. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I gave Molly and Karamie some Gideon's Cookies. They enjoyed it a lot more than me which was great as I can just keep giving my cookies away to people that like them more! :)

Aww, that was a great idea!!

:lmao:

Beautiful!

Oh Well! Too much fun (drinks) can do that to you.
It certainly can!! Same thing happened to us after our Mono Crawl when we needed to get from Riviera to AoA. Oops.

Bummer you didn't like the cookies!! But I see what you mean about the first bite being all chocolate chips and the second bite being all dough.
LOL it's actually a good thing I didn't like the cookies because now there's one less person in line at Gideons 😆
I hope they eventually reopen the to-go window at Beaches and Cream. The Boardwalk area reallllly needs a to-go ice cream place again ASAP!!!
Agree!!
I read that it is being reopened. They are using the old Ample Hills location
Oooh really? That sounds like a cool idea and another reason to stay at Boardwalk :)
I've been wondering about Gideons, especially since the line is always insane. I'm wondering if it'll die down before we go in December? Doubt it. Seems worth a try, even to see the cool decor inside.
Yeah I think it's gonna remain the same as more people start going back to the parks. It's good to try once, who knows, you may love it!
Also B&C is on my short list for next trip. We're staying off site and really want to ride the skyliner. I thought maybe we could do B&C then have a loop on the skyliner. The food looks like good old diner food and my kids would love it!
Yes! a 50's style ice cream parlor/diner is what is reminds me off! It's a little prettier now that they have done the renovations and expanded so the be-bop vibe is a little less. But still very cute and the food and ice cream are the real draw! Doing a skyliner tour will be really fun! I recommend getting out at Riviera and walking the grounds, they are so pretty!
PS - The windy hair skyliner videos are always hilarious, keep 'em coming!
Aw thanks! 1 vote for skyliner hair gifs LMAO!! I think that might be my last one since we moved to the Yacht Club a day later!

They said it would be an hour so Steve said he was ok waiting if I got him a Starbucks so I did just that then walked around while he waited in line.
That was nice of Steve. I am with you about waiting a long time for the cookies. I do want to try them but unless there is a virtual line, I don't think we will wait.

I also got the peanut butter cold brew because I had heard so much about it.

ACtC-3cMJdJmnvJp4JqhPLyV9APtHCBxjUxX3WYRbioyFgTqxV3yZznekuLl-IQk23UPQbuwqE7JibHlX58FBs87H_MfANyatHm8lxeQ1WczvFfy8lcS9bJCdJiGfAkQ_YqmJ-DqNJy2sLsjOpHMDJLXxa_P-g=w430-h573-no

OMG this drink is soo good! It's sweet but not terribly so but it has a great peanut butter flavor that is hard to describe, it was just so yummy, like a Reeses Pieces, almost! I wish they had a separate line just for the coffees!
This though... I really want to try this!!!!

YES! And I kinda loved that. LOVED that it's not Disney IP and princesses.
It was fun and goth-y I just wish it were bigger!
I'm the same. Exact same thoughts and like you, I'd go back for a coffee (didn't get to try that), but the cookies aren't mindblowing. Good yes, and I'd go back if I was with someone who hadn't tried one yet, but I just need a bite or two.
Yeah same here!
That looks fantastic. I need to try this place out sometime.
It's so good! The breakfast there is also amazing!
I do love that little area. For now it's quiet, it's a nice bathroom, and there is some lovely art back there.
Yes it's really peaceful back there!
My plan was to be at the IG around 8:00. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Yay!
That was nice of Steve. I am with you about waiting a long time for the cookies. I do want to try them but unless there is a virtual line, I don't think we will wait.
Even with the virtual queue, when they call you back, you have to wait in the line and it can be up to 45 mins I think (give or take 15 mins), so waiting hours for cookies seems a little insane but to each his/her own!
This though... I really want to try this!!!!
That was amazing. I wish they had a separate line for coffee! Better yet, I wish you could just mobile order everything!

We have dinner later that evening with Kara and Molly at one of our faves, Beaches n Cream, yum yum!
I've never thought of B&C as a dinner place. Lunch? Yes. Treat (ice cream)? Of course! But dinner. No. I have no idea why not.
We slept in a bit (well, Steve went to the gym in the morning),
:sad2:
Because walking 43 miles a day isn't enough.
Cozy. :)
They said it would be an hour so Steve said he was ok waiting
Really? Wow. I'd probably skip it and try another time/trip.
When we finally went in, I was so surprised at how small it was, and it resembled something out of Harry Potter than a bakery. It was very cool!
I do like it!
I also got the peanut butter cold brew because I had heard so much about it.
<sigh>
Not being a coffee drinker, I'll pass on that one.
For lunch we tried a place new to us, Chicken Guy!
Ah! Glad you liked it. I'm a Guy Fieri fan and have visited some of his DDD spots.
Whoa. Talk about choco explosion!
Well, I thought it was good, but not great. The first bite is all chocolate chips. Then as you get closer to the center it tastes more like raw cookie dough, which is great if you like that sort of thing, but I prefer my cookies to have a nice chewy consistency instead of just crumbly dough.
Well... that's disappointing.
Betcha my choco cookies are better. ::yes::
Like it. :)
Man that looks good. Tuna, yes?
Oh look more skyliner hair gifs! I know you missed them :rotfl:
:laughing: But of course we did!
So there wasn't that much there really, just a long walk way with a bathroom at the end.
Anti-climactic.

Unless you have to... you know... go.
I gave Molly and Karamie some Gideon's Cookies. They enjoyed it a lot more than me which was great as I can just keep giving my cookies away to people that like them more! :)
Nice of your. :)
Yussss... Soooooo good.
We all split a No Way Jose sundae!
Love that! So yummy!
This one doesn't look like it has a dead thumb on it, whew. 😆
:laughing:
Sulin and Sully... the new Monsters Inc movie from Disney!

Sounds like a great down day at WDW. I can see what you mean about the Gideon cookies being all chocolate chips. The more I've seen pictures and vlogs of them, the more I think they aren't necessarily my type of cookie. But that peanut butter cold brew! It sounds delicious!

Glad you had a fun dinner at Beaches and Cream and a nice evening at Martha's Vineyard.

You are selling me on staying at the Riviera one of these trips

I have heard similar reviews about Gideon’s cookies. I haven’t tried these yet.

The peanut butter cold brew sounds so yummy

Ahh so nice to me up with two of the nicest epic ladies. I miss them!

Hopefully we all can meet up again one of these days. I think quite a few of us will be there for the 50th celebration 🎉

What a fun day! And the inside of Gideon's definitely has a Harry Potter feel to it. Too bad I wasn't at Disney so you could have unloaded cookies on me :rotfl: Every tooth in my mouth is a sweet one :laughing::laughing: So nice you got to meet up with some friends at B&C too! Great end to a great day :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter