"So you're looking for a laughing place, eh? We'll show you a laughing place!"

AK- the eating area behind Flame Tree. Peaceful and quiet. Great views of EE.

MK- Sitting on the stone benches across from Aloha Isle with a dole whip!

HS- the area by Dinosaur Gertie. A little out if the way and peaceful.

Epcot- love the fountain of nations but also the back area of Italy is nice.

Of course I love the attractions but some of my best moments are in these areas just taking it all in.

Another amazing time is when I get up early enough to walk along the waterfront at Port Orleans. When we last stayed at POFQ I managed to get up very early and walked to PORS. I saw only a few other people and lizards and rabbits. It was so peaceful.

So many happy places to choose from!
I personally adore flying over London on Peter Pan's Flight, the Peoplemover, the entire Mexico pavilion, and those few seconds before you drop on ToT and you're looking over the whole park. They never fail to put a smile on my face! :)

Yay! Great thread:thumbsup2 also super hard to answer.

MK flying over London on Peter Pan or being on Astro orbiter during the fireworks

HS sitting on a bench when osbourne lights are up

Epcot the entire Maelstrom ride

AK approaching EE

Also love anytime there are really late extra magic hours and we feel like we have the parks to ourselves. One time at MK they let us stay on BTMR 4x without getting out and Splash mountain 3x. They would of let us do even more if we wanted::yes::

Ooh, this is fun! But tough.

MK Halloween Party: the Villain's Mix & Mingle and when the Headless Horseman comes through Liberty Square

EPCOT: sitting on a bench, watching the fountain's routine to the Flying Circus from the Rocketeer and breakfast in the Sunshine Season's

DHS: Watching Jedi training from the Star Tours Queue

AK: watching The shark catfish

MK regular: The scent from the candy shop; Watching people who don't know that the Camel spits at Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride.

MK-riding the TTA.

Epcot-Spaceship Earth the smell of the Rome burning scene.

The other two parks I don't really have one.

Not really a certain thing or place but I love the random people you meet. On my last trip I was touring solo for the day and on my way to HS via a friendship boat from Epcot. Met the nicest couple. It was my last day and their first so they were trying to get the low down on FP+. The man reminded me so much of my fave uncle who passed away 10 years ago that I almost asked him for a hug. The night before I met a lovely family at the MVMCP parade. I talked to the mom dad and 4 year old daughter during the parade. At the end the little girl wanted to give me a.hug goodbye. So sweet. I just love the random folks that cross your path.

I do too. On my trip with my family, and a couple of my friends which was last month during the MLK weekend. I was riding the bus back to Old Key West with my family, and I was sitting in my wheelchair in the front wheelchair spot on the bus. My best friend who is also a wheelchair user was behind me. The bus was very crowded as it was during the time when the park was getting ready to close.

The grandpa of the family stood right in front of me, and he seemed like a really friendly person. He introduced himself, and he said, "We'll be riding together tonight." I smiled, and nodded. He then asked me where I was from after he asked me what my name was, and I said, "Oregon". He said, "My family, and I are from Minnesota." I was delighted as I said, "What part?" He said, "Red Wing." I knew where that was as my mom and I had driven through there once on our way to the airport in Minneapolis one time. We had a great conversation on the way back to the resort. I told him that I was there when the city of Rochester had a tornado coming its way, and my mom and I had to evacuate to the subway level of the hotel we were staying at. Living in Oregon. It's not known for tornadoes. Just lots of rain, cold, and sometimes snow in the winter while it's warm weather in the spring, and summer months.

That was my real first tornado experience. Thankfully it didn't come close to hitting Rochester that time we were there.

I thought of another one! I know that Wishes is what gets so many others, but for me, it's the castle projection show, with whatever new name it goes by. :goodvibes. I am just fascinated by it. I don't mind if we skip the parade or even(gasp) Wishes, but my one request on our last trip was that we watch the castle projection show.

That feeling I got when I saw the show on the castle for the first time!! I was in awe and really don't have the words to describe it! I cried, it was magical. Still get that feeling just thinking about Disney!

Walking into the Grand Floridian at check in and smelling that wonderful smell.

Riding the monorail as its circles Spaceship Earth, also enjoy watching it do this from the ground.

The blue "launch" tunnel on Space Mountain

"Please stand clear of the doors..."

Enjoying a nice glass of craft beer from California Grill Lounge as the lights dime to watch Wishes, the holiday version.

Walking into Wyland Galleries at the Poly to see if they have anything new on the walls we like.(This is now gone will have to go to the Boardwalk now :()

Walking down Sunset Blvd with the street performers at DHS.

Turning out of Africa and getting the "first" glimpse of Everest in the background. This is very fun if you have someone who has never ridden it with you.

Last but not least, waking up or coming back in the evening, walking out to our balcony and listening to the whistle and laughter/screams from MK.

MK Standing at the beginning of Main St and taking in the sights, sounds and smells as I glance down the street at the castle. In all our trips this is the one thing that gets me every time.

The first morning at Magic Kingdom. Crying at the Opening Ceremony. :love: Always ride BTMRR first, going up the ramp inside the cave with moving boulders, well, I know then that we are a few seconds from screaming our heads off and having fun! :dance3:
It's 5 years since our last trip. CANNOT wait! :banana: :banana: :banana:

MK: Seeing my favorite familiar Ragtime Pianist outside Casey's Corner the first time I walk down Main Street every trip.

Epcot: 1) The music around Innoventions area
2) The first two big notes in the Soarin' theme

DHS: The bubble scene in Fantasmic!

DAK: The part in Finding Nemo: The Musical when Nemo yells "I love you, dad!"

I just realized that all of these deal with music in some way. Music = emotions, what can I say? (that rhymed)

Drinking around the world showcase!

Smell of POTC.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.

That moment in ToT after you move forward and know your about to drop any second...

Strolling around World Showcase with a drink in hand during the sunset

The water smell in POTC and Splash Mtn.

The view of the lake and Boardwalk lit up at night from the YC.

Walking through the jungle treks in AK after rope drop while everyone else heads to the rides. Taking your time to walk through and enjoying having the area mostly to yourself.

The "We Go On" song after illuminations. It's just the perfect finale to a Disney day.

TSMM my DBF and I trying so hard to beat each other but laughing the whole time because we are having so much fun!

In the morning sitting out on the balcony having breakfast and coffee just knowing there's a great day ahead.

Wishes. Especially the "One day my prince will come" part, while watching with DBF. Uncontrollable tears!!!!

The wooden path in Fronteirland that overlooks the riverboat when it's lit up at night.

The bus ride back to the hotel after a long day. All the kids peacefully sleeping on their parents. It's so sweet and makes me look forward to the future.

Resort: hearing the crickets at POFQ (and WL for that matter)...
MK: sitting in Frontierland late at night when the lantern lights are lowered and flickering, music softly playing in the background, listening to the sounds of Splash.
AK: wandering the paths around the tree of life as this seems to be a hidden gem (or one many people don't take the time to enjoy)
HS: sitting in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground while my dd and dh play (This may not continue for long as dd is 13), I love watching the little kids and the panicky first time parents afraid of losing the little kids. Sitting on a bench on the Streets of America just taking in the sights and sounds. Sitting along the water near Hollywood & Vine/50's Primetime - it always seems quieter over there - listening to the sounds of HS.
Epcot: Canada pavilion, out back by the waterfall. Sitting and watching dd play in the dancing water fountains.
....I'm seeing a water theme here....;)

Arriving at Beach Club (or Yacht for that matter) and smelling that smell of the lobby! :love:

Walking on to our first ride of the trip - Spaceship Earth! As soon as I spot the ride vehicles I get excited!!

Walking down the pier to the lighthouse early in the morning for the boat ride to DHS.

The music in all the different lands of Magic Kingdom.

The entire feel of Animal Kingdom. Disney really hit it out of the park with the theme and decor in this park. Really takes you somewhere else.

First of all, awesome Blanche Devereaux avatar!

I'll try to pick one from each park.

Magic Kingdom -- TTA/Peoplemover. Not my favorite ride, but easily my wife's. It is what made her fall in love with WDW almost 10 years ago, and the thing that brings her the most joy in all of Walt Disney World, and possibly the entire world.

Animal Kingdom -- Just taking a leisurely stroll through Discovery Island. We see so many people race through here to get to the rides, and we just shake our heads and think, they have no idea what they are missing.

Epcot -- The user of lasers on Spaceship Earth after Illuminations. One of my most vivid memories of trips here as a kid is when they'd use lasers to "draw" a globe onto it after the nightly fireworks.

Hollywood Studios -- Oof, this one is tough because it is our least favorite park. I'd have to say Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, just because it is a really fun ride.

BONUS: When I walk under the train station at the Magic Kingdom for the first time on a trip. The smells, the sounds, the sights... makes me smile just thinking about it.

Great thread, love the positivity. I really think the little things that people are posting is while we're all slightly unhinged about WDW. There is no way I could pick just one for each park so here it goes.

MK-
Line for Space Mountain both waiting to get on and when you walk off
BTMRR at night
Casey's Corner right before leaving the park
Everything about Splash Mountain

Epcot-
World Showcase at night
The American Pavilion
Awesome Music they pipe over the music walking into Future World

Hollywood Studios-
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours
Eagle Sam telling me that not moving all the way to the end of the row would in fact be very unpatriotic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter