So where are all those people at Disney next week eating?

We were there last week and had a 5:30 at Le Cellier Th night. They were taking walk ins which totally shocked me! They were telling them 20 minute wait but we saw 2 walk in groups get seated within 5 minutes of coming to the podium!

Allyson

But the park crowds were heavy, right? I really do think this has to do with the economic conditions. People already paid for the trips so they are going, but they are not doing anything extra because they are worried.

We were in WDW the week after Thanksgiving (traditionally a slower time...we go every year at this time) and could not get reservations anywhere at any time. Several CMs told us it was because of the dining plan. We'll be back there late next week and were able to get reservations for every night and mostly at the times we wanted. Go figure!!

But the park crowds were heavy, right? I really do think this has to do with the economic conditions. People already paid for the trips so they are going, but they are not doing anything extra because they are worried.
Actually no. Mon-Fri (3/10-3/14) the crowds were not heavy. On Saturday 3/15 it was like they opened the floodgates and it was very crowded. But we had a really enjoyable Mon-Fri there. The P&PP on Tuesday night was great, walked on everything. On Thursday Soarin' had FP available at 4:45pm still.

Allyson

Well, perhaps there's some "trading down" within Disney as we're seeing in the overall economy. You know, Target isn't doing so well, but Walmart is doing well because many Target shoppers have traded down to Walmart. Perhaps some Disney vacations are making compromises within their spending budgets such as...."we can still go, but we'll have to skip the California Grill this year and eat at Cosmic Rays. Or...the Cantina outside in Mexico over the fancier San Angel inside. That kind of thing.....

I agree with dvcgirl. I think people are making small compromises. But as the year goes along and gas goes $4/gal and plane tickets rise, you will see more and more compromises because people will not know when it will end :rolleyes1

We went to Disney overnight last night for a last minute trip (DH had a conference in Orlando). Anyways, we ate at Spoodles on Wed. night and it wasn't too crowded, Fresh this morning and it was empty, and Wolfgang Puck Cafe for lunch at noontime today and it was really empty. The parks were packed yesterday, but I don't know where everyone was eating...counterservice I'm guessing. I really do think that people are taking trips that were already paid for and then cutting back on their spending once they were at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter