So what's the best way to get the discount on an already booked room?

Tonyz

How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!
It seems like the general consensus is that room discounts for the fall might be coming out tomorrow. I already have a room booked and have been waiting to apply discount when it comes out. This will be the first time I've used a discount on an already booked room... what's the best way to do this? Do I simply call Disney and asked them to apply the discount? Is there a way to do it online? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

It seems like the general consensus is that room discounts for the fall might be coming out tomorrow. I already have a room booked and have been waiting to apply discount when it comes out. This will be the first time I've used a discount on an already booked room... what's the best way to do this? Do I simply call Disney and asked them to apply the discount? Is there a way to do it online? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I believe people have been able to change their reservation online; there is a 'change reservation' tab, but I personally have never done it. I know that your exact room type may not be available for your dates with the discount. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along to chime in with how, I am curious also. It would be quicker online than on the phone I imagine!

If you have booked directly with Disney and have linked your reservation in MDE, then you should have a "change reservation" link under your confirmation number. Once you click on the link, you will be given several choices of things you may change such as vacation offer, travel dates, travel party, resort, room type, etc.

The first option listed, Vacation Offer, is what you would use to search and see if your current reservation is available for a discount offer. It's not a guarantee that what you already have booked is available for discount.

You also have the option to call, but personally, I hate calling, I like to do it myself, I think it is faster.

Last edited:
If you have booked directly with Disney and have linked your reservation in MDE, then you should have a "change reservation" link under your confirmation number. Once you click on the link, you will be given several choices of things you may change such as vacation offer, travel dates, travel party, resort, room type, etc.

The first option listed, Vacation Offer, is what you would use to search and see if your current reservation is available for a discount offer. It's not a guarantee that what you already have booked is available for discount.

You also have the option to call, but personally, I hate calling, I like to do it myself, I think it is faster.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. So much easier! Thanks so much!

What time does Disney usually make the announcement? Like first thing in the morning, noon, etc?

What time does Disney usually make the announcement? Like first thing in the morning, noon, etc?

In years past, I have seen, and booked them as early as 1 minute after midnight, but also have experienced them being released later in in morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter