"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

Hi Katie!

My name is Nichelle and I have been meaning to post but life gets busy! I read your trip report and have been following along on you pre-trippie so far. I love to read your posts your excitement comes through in your writing! I know what you mean about pictures! My husband saw me trying to post pics and he was like "do you think that is a good idea?" I can't wait until the Disney resort in Hawaii opens up in 2011. I am on facebook! Link is below

www.facebook.com/nichellebelle?_fb_noscript=1 -

Welcome, Nichelle!! (Love your name by the way).

Thank you so much for reading along! I have to say that I was extremely bummed when I decided to take my pics off. But, since then, one of my DIS friends has had some trouble with people being..how do I say this...very rude and invading her privacy. I LOVE Disney. Love to write about it, read about it, experience it and (especially) take pictures of it. So, I hope that with all of these things, my trip reports will be able to stay interesting.

It is really sad that we have to adjust things that make us happy (like posting pics of my kids) because of one or two mean people. However, I care for my children's happiness and safety above my own (of course). I know you can understand! It is funny that your DH was the one who commented about your pics. My DH was the one to bring it up!

Enough about that stuff--haha--thank you for the compliments on my writing. I am so happy to have you along! Look forward to reading things from you :hug: Any trips in the near future for you?

OK everyone...deal is out! It is buy 4 nights and park tickets, get 3 free! :cool1:

I do have some mixed feelings about it.

I know! You are probably thinking "why are you not SO happy---you get 3 days FREE woman!" :confused3

Well, I really had my heart set on staying at Wilderness Lodge. I have been researching and dreaming about it (why do we women do this!?). With the 4/3 deal, the price we wanted to stick to puts us at a Moderate Resort. I was hoping for a percent off of the resort stay to help boost us to the Deluxe(WL)

SO--we are back to square one. BUT, don't get me wrong, we are still very excited!! Just have to re-adjust. The absolute best thing is that my vacation is now 3 days longer!! THAT is awesome!

Also, my DH is telling me that we may be able to still go Deluxe, depending on a few things so...we shall see :wizard: If all else fails, we can stay at WL for our Dec 2010 trip and see the absolutely breathtaking Christmas decor, right? :santa:

On that note, I would love to know what Moderate resort you prefer and why. We are leaning towards Port Orleans/Riverside. I am most scared about using the bus and the extra ammount of time this takes with the kids. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, anyone decide to book a last minute trip to take advantage of this deal?

Katie, have you checked into AAA room only discount? you can call WDW and ask if it is what you are looking for just purchase a $45 annual membershiip (make sure it is still w/in your limits). But, you can use your AAA discount nationwide and maybe again when you return in Dec. I don't know if your TA can help you w/ that! I think you have to go through Disney or AAA for their offer!

Just a thought! we stayed years ago at POFQ we enjoyed it; Lisa, mickeystoontown, loves CBR w/the Nemo rooms or pirate rooms (either would be fun w/the kids!) she said the bus system was not bad.

Good luck! in your decision!
:wave2:

Hi Katie! I'm all caught up. :thumbsup2

Your Epcot plans sound great. I don't know about the Test Track FPs. We ended up getting them after we rode Soarin and before Nemo and Turtle Talk. It worked out well for us. And you can always use your FP after the time has expired. So you could come back as a last thing. But you might not even need it.... ?? I think that if you could get over there and get back to Soarin pretty quickly, go for it. Hope that helps.

YAY for the 4/3 deal!! :woohoo: I know it's not exactly what you were wanting, but it's still super great!! And hopefully you'll still be able to upgrade to WL :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about more of your plans! It'll be here before you know it. :yay:

Our absolute favorite moderate has been Port Orleans French Quarter -- it is small, quiet, and peaceful -- just beautiful. We have never had a problem with buses or anything else there for that matter.

Of course I may change my mind after this weekend when we are trying Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time. ;)

Katie we enjoyed CSR but we liked it for the queen beds more than anything else. They also put the bathroom toiletries from the deluxes in them. And the busses are good. They only do CSR. No stops at other resorts to pick up and drop off. It probably isn't super kid oriented but they had a super pool and kids area. Plus the 24 person hot tub. And good food.

We booked our trip this year thru AAA and got the 4/3 deal plus additional discounts. It is well worth it to check their prices.

Katie, have you checked into AAA room only discount? you can call WDW and ask if it is what you are looking for just purchase a $45 annual membershiip (make sure it is still w/in your limits). But, you can use your AAA discount nationwide and maybe again when you return in Dec. I don't know if your TA can help you w/ that! I think you have to go through Disney or AAA for their offer!

Just a thought! we stayed years ago at POFQ we enjoyed it; Lisa, mickeystoontown, loves CBR w/the Nemo rooms or pirate rooms (either would be fun w/the kids!) she said the bus system was not bad.

Good luck! in your decision!

I have not checked AAA! I will ask my TA if she can work with it...would be a good option!

I am reading lots about the FQ and Riverside right now. Both look really beautiful!

Nemo and Pirate rooms sound like lots of fun!! I kind of forgot that they did that to the rooms! Going to research now---thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi Katie! I'm all caught up. :thumbsup2

Your Epcot plans sound great. I don't know about the Test Track FPs. We ended up getting them after we rode Soarin and before Nemo and Turtle Talk. It worked out well for us. And you can always use your FP after the time has expired. So you could come back as a last thing. But you might not even need it.... ?? I think that if you could get over there and get back to Soarin pretty quickly, go for it. Hope that helps.

YAY for the 4/3 deal!! :woohoo: I know it's not exactly what you were wanting, but it's still super great!! And hopefully you'll still be able to upgrade to WL :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about more of your plans! It'll be here before you know it. :yay:

Hey Staci!! Thanks! I have heard that about the fastpasses. We were lucky enough not to have to fastpass a THING on our last trip! So, you just walk up to the FP line, even though your FP time has expired?

Also, I am estimating that it would take me about 15-20 minutes to get from the entrace to TT to Soarin. Do you think that is right ?

Our absolute favorite moderate has been Port Orleans French Quarter -- it is small, quiet, and peaceful -- just beautiful. We have never had a problem with buses or anything else there for that matter.

Of course I may change my mind after this weekend when we are trying Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time. ;)

Woohoo! Another trip! How exciting.

Great to hear that you loved Port Orleans, too! It is always good to hear positive feedback from DISers.

I am so interested in hearing what you have to say about CBR! When are you due to come back?

Katie we enjoyed CSR but we liked it for the queen beds more than anything else. They also put the bathroom toiletries from the deluxes in them. And the busses are good. They only do CSR. No stops at other resorts to pick up and drop off. It probably isn't super kid oriented but they had a super pool and kids area. Plus the 24 person hot tub. And good food.

We booked our trip this year thru AAA and got the 4/3 deal plus additional discounts. It is well worth it to check their prices.

Connie said that too about AAA. I am interested and going to research it!!

Thanks for the info on CSR. We are going to break out the vacation planning DVDs tonight to check them all out. I will let you know what we decide!

And 24 person hot tub!! Wow. haha

Hey there Ms Katie!

I know what you mean about not being able to make up your mind - right now, I am planning / plotting my October 2010 trip with my goddaughter and trying to decide if we stay in Value or Moderate. I am crossing-my-fingers-and-hoping to get another Free Dining promotion that covers early October. There's about a $400 price difference in the Value vs. Moderate, and since it's just us 2 we'll probably go Value and stay at Pop Century so we can spend money on other fun things. :goodvibes

Keep us posted on what you decide!

:sad2:I'm so sad because you wont be at Wilderness Lodge with us...:sad2:
But so excited :woohoo: for you because your getting 3 more days. How much fun is that... :yay: You might be able to eat Chef Mickey's for Breakfast...

I think today is my 97 days out.. :cool1: I can't wait..
11 days til I cruise.
TexasBelle
Caroline.

Katie, have you tried calling WDW just to see if you have a pin attached to your name for a percent off! I would give them a call to see and while you are on the phone check out the different resorts you are interested in at the AAA rates. Its a little leg work on your part; but, it may be a better deal than you TA can offer you at this time.

When I price things out I usually take a week and call all the sources, WDW, AAA, and a TA.
Happy planning!
Connie

Katie,
here is a thread I think you may find interesting on the POR; we have not stayed there only POFQ. Our last trip we did a walk through to ride the boat at POFQ and I had to drop off a stroller at POR for a stroller swap. Danny said he prefers POFQ to POR, just the look of it I guess! :confused3 Being from the LA you can probably imagine the two
POFQ is a nice clean version of the French Quarter (which I love all the iron work) it has a festive ambiance; where POR reminds me of the Plantations along the River, romantic and laid back! When we stayed there years ago we loved the bus system (we were at FQ and it was Dixielanding back than, we did not share a bus) FQ has one bus stop! where POR has four I believe I read.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

I don't see anything wrong with going MOD...in fact we loved it...
our next trip in 2010 we are going MOD if I only need one room; if we need two rooms we will be going to POP (we did ASSp--you share busses w/all the AS resorts--POP is the only value with its own busses).
Hopefully, our next trip after that (around 2015 --we will upgrade to the monorail resorts--I just have a hard time letting go of that money that I can put to something else;like tours, boat rides, etc.)

Good luck in your plans!
Don't sweat it; you will be in Disney and having a magical time no matter where you stay!
:wave2: Connie

My favorite mod is POFQ because of the size. No matter where you are on property you are never far from where you want to be. ...that's the practical reason. In the not so practical, I personally love the theme. And the boat to DTD.

I stayed at CSR and liked that one too. The size got to me though, it was just too big for me...and I have a feeling I'd have that problem at any of the other ones. But the rooms at CSR were GORGEOUS!

Hey Staci!! Thanks! I have heard that about the fastpasses. We were lucky enough not to have to fastpass a THING on our last trip! So, you just walk up to the FP line, even though your FP time has expired?

Also, I am estimating that it would take me about 15-20 minutes to get from the entrace to TT to Soarin. Do you think that is right ?

Yes--just go to the FP line. No one even looked twice. And we heard some CMs at a restaurant telling people that FPs are honored after the time. We took advantage of this the whole trip! I think it would take you 15 at the most. Especially if it's just you going over there. I would guess more like 10. Because most people go to Soarin...you won't have much of a battle for the Test Track FPs :thumbsup2

Hi Katie, just checking to see how the plan is going. That is true on the fast passes. Once your time comes up you have the rest of the day to use it. We did test track when the rain came and when we left that evening it was still raining and they even told us to come back the next day and we could use them then. Which was great. Got me one more ride in.

Thanks for looking at Austin's pix and watching his video. He does enjoy himself.

Ginny

Hey there Ms Katie!

I know what you mean about not being able to make up your mind - right now, I am planning / plotting my October 2010 trip with my goddaughter and trying to decide if we stay in Value or Moderate. I am crossing-my-fingers-and-hoping to get another Free Dining promotion that covers early October. There's about a $400 price difference in the Value vs. Moderate, and since it's just us 2 we'll probably go Value and stay at Pop Century so we can spend money on other fun things. :goodvibes

Keep us posted on what you decide!

Ohh I am sure they will have Free Dining!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

It is a quick, quick trip -- we will be back Sunday.

:sad2:I'm so sad because you wont be at Wilderness Lodge with us...:sad2:
But so excited :woohoo: for you because your getting 3 more days. How much fun is that... :yay: You might be able to eat Chef Mickey's for Breakfast...

I think today is my 97 days out.. :cool1: I can't wait..
11 days til I cruise.
TexasBelle
Caroline.

WOOHOO! Cant wait to see the pics from the cruise! I know..we are a little bummed about WL, but are looking forward to staying there during christmas time next year!!

Katie, have you tried calling WDW just to see if you have a pin attached to your name for a percent off! I would give them a call to see and while you are on the phone check out the different resorts you are interested in at the AAA rates. Its a little leg work on your part; but, it may be a better deal than you TA can offer you at this time.

When I price things out I usually take a week and call all the sources, WDW, AAA, and a TA.
Happy planning!
Connie

Thanks again, Connie!

Katie,
here is a thread I think you may find interesting on the POR; we have not stayed there only POFQ. Our last trip we did a walk through to ride the boat at POFQ and I had to drop off a stroller at POR for a stroller swap. Danny said he prefers POFQ to POR, just the look of it I guess! :confused3 Being from the LA you can probably imagine the two
POFQ is a nice clean version of the French Quarter (which I love all the iron work) it has a festive ambiance; where POR reminds me of the Plantations along the River, romantic and laid back! When we stayed there years ago we loved the bus system (we were at FQ and it was Dixielanding back than, we did not share a bus) FQ has one bus stop! where POR has four I believe I read.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

I don't see anything wrong with going MOD...in fact we loved it...
our next trip in 2010 we are going MOD if I only need one room; if we need two rooms we will be going to POP (we did ASSp--you share busses w/all the AS resorts--POP is the only value with its own busses).
Hopefully, our next trip after that (around 2015 --we will upgrade to the monorail resorts--I just have a hard time letting go of that money that I can put to something else;like tours, boat rides, etc.)

Good luck in your plans!
Don't sweat it; you will be in Disney and having a magical time no matter where you stay!
:wave2: Connie

Your right! We will have a great time. I am goign to look into the bus thing, too. Love the link. I am obsessed with reading it! Thanks!

My favorite mod is POFQ because of the size. No matter where you are on property you are never far from where you want to be. ...that's the practical reason. In the not so practical, I personally love the theme. And the boat to DTD.

I stayed at CSR and liked that one too. The size got to me though, it was just too big for me...and I have a feeling I'd have that problem at any of the other ones. But the rooms at CSR were GORGEOUS!

Ohh..now you make me want to look at the CSR pics! hehe. I am a disney mess!

The boat to DTD will be wonderful. We missed DTD last time, so really looking forward to it!

Just curious what you have decided!
Have a great weekend!

Read my new reply/tr thread!

Yes--just go to the FP line. No one even looked twice. And we heard some CMs at a restaurant telling people that FPs are honored after the time. We took advantage of this the whole trip! I think it would take you 15 at the most. Especially if it's just you going over there. I would guess more like 10. Because most people go to Soarin...you won't have much of a battle for the Test Track FPs :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info!!! I am def. going to FP it and we will be assured to be able to ride it.

Hi Katie, just checking to see how the plan is going. That is true on the fast passes. Once your time comes up you have the rest of the day to use it. We did test track when the rain came and when we left that evening it was still raining and they even told us to come back the next day and we could use them then. Which was great. Got me one more ride in.

Thanks for looking at Austin's pix and watching his video. He does enjoy himself.

Ginny

LOVE the fact that you can use fastpass any time after your alotted time. It is wonderful!! I was so worried fastpasses would ruin my planning by making us stick to a certain time!

Just a couple of things to update about!! My life has been SO crazy these past two weeks. Sorry for not updating too much.

This has been a week of "out with the old, in with the new"

Our first target, the tires on my husband's car. It has been driving funky and the brakes were getting worn. SO, we reluctantly paid $900 to get two new tires and breaks. Out with the old tires and breaks, in with the new.So much for Disney saving!:rotfl:

Another small change has to do with our dog, Bella

belladog.jpg

We went to Pets Mart to get Bella bathed. There was a special pumpkin spice dog wash they were offering. It smells so good in there (for once-ha). We also decided it was time to get Bella girl a new collar. Imagine my excitement when I found not only a pink one, but a pink one that can be personalized! With curly letters and everything!! Also had a diamond pink bone that hangs off. Kind of a bad pic, but you get the idea...
belladog4.jpg

belladog1.jpg

Out with the old collar, in with the new!

Ok sorry---now, back to Disney things!:banana:

Next change is our Resort. Out with the Old...

Wilderness Lodge
Wildernesslodge-1.jpg

In with the new...

Port Orleans, Riverside!
portorleans-1.jpg

We switched our Resorts in order to save some money! We are getting a GREAT deal. Now that I have asked around and searched the DIS, we are paying a couple hundred less than others that are staying at the same time. Don't worry, though. We will be staying at WL during our Christmas time trip, 2010! We will probably book a bounce back while we are there!!
:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

So wonderful...hear it is beautiful during Christmas time!

Now...I know that may of us, if not ALL of us, are Disney crazy. When I have ANY free time (like right now, for instance) I am reading, writing, planning, shopping, etc. for Disney. Even if there is no trip in the near future! It has really become a hobby and a stress reducer.

Because of this, my poor, trusty Disney book has become worn. Now, I do own other Disney planning books, but I always seem to go back to this one. I am not going to put the name (because I don't think I am allowed to on DIS) but most of you will recognize it! I find this book easiest to navigate and chalk full of detail. It was the first book that I used, so maybe I just became comfortable with it :confused3

Well, when planning a couple of nights ago, I noticed something was wrong with my book. Maybe it was the light, maybe it was the wrinkled pages...no, it was probably because I was looking up Liberty Tree and realized it said that they offered a characters (which they DO NOT anymore). I looked on the spine of the book and realized I had the 2007 edition. WHAT!? I needed an upgrade! So...off to the book store....

I was so thrilled when I found out that they had just gotten a new shipment of the 2010 book :cool1:

Out with the old
(notice the COVER had even fallen off!:lmao:)

Football293.jpg

In with the new

WDWbook2.jpg

Ahh...can't wait to curl up with it tonight!

I did a huge shop today for our trip too. Got lots of clothes and ordered a few customs. More on my next post...pics to come!

Love the new. Bella is so cute. Her collar is super cute. Princess would love it. She has a cute southwestern purple on right now. You can get a lot of money invested in those things.

I bet you will like the resort change. Riverside was where we were going to stay till we found out CSR had put in queen beds.

Yes, you did need a new book for sure. I still read mine a lot and don't have a trip planned.

Ready to see clothes.

Ginny

You do not know how tempting it is to take my dogs to Petsmart for Pumpkin Spice baths and new collars -- that is so up my alley! :laughing:

We stayed at POR on our Christmas trip in 2004 and loved it. I think you will be very happy there, and you can't beat saving money!

I am trying so hard not to buy the new 2010 Unofficial Guide, but yours is so new and pretty...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter