"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

BippityBoo
Hey BelleSoliel just let me know that we are all going to be in Disney at the same time.. How fun is that. I want be busy tomorrow at work so I'm going to read your trip report. We are also staying at Wilderness Lodge.
Looking forward to checking out your PreTrip report and other things.
TexasBelle
Carolyn

Hey Katie!! So sorry I have been MIA on your PTR...I am a bad friend! ;) Sounds like your plans are great - you guys are going to have an awesome time!! I am bummed that we are going to miss each other, but maybe another time, you never know!

Take care!!

Hey all!!

Back for more advice...

I was looking at the current Disney Visa special. It is still 0% for 6 months and looks like they are giving a $40 credit. I am curious-- I know some of you said you got gift cards, percents off of your room, etc. in the past. Can anyone remember what the special was last Nov/Dec?? We are considering using this as another way to save and paying it off right away when we get back so we don't have to pay interest. Any ideas/thoughts?

On another note, my Travel Agent says that the free dining deal is up in 3 days. She is expecting to hear about the January deals around then!! We are anxiously awaiting the info! I am praying for an AWESOME deal!!

Also, I still am curious as to if I need to fastpass Test Track when we get into EPCOT. We are going to Soarin, Nemo/Turtle Talk and snack before, so it will probably be around 10 or 10:30 when we get to TT. Thanks guys :yay:

Woohoo! On to EPCOT. Please keep in mind that these are very loose plans...much room for improvement so let me know your thoughts!! Again, like I said before, our main objective of the trip is to hit up rides we love/did not have time for on our last trip. So, most of my schedules reflect our overall "checklist" of must do's.

My biggest question of this plan is do you think I will need to go fastpass Test Track? I am not sure how easy it is to get on/loading times because we did not ride it last time. Please see the beginning of my plans and let me know what you think. Remember, I am sure it will be a little slow b/c it will be January 8th, but I think the marathon is that weekend, so it may be picking up a little at this point.

EPCOT Day 2

Make it for the opening.
Rent Stroller.

If you are the first stroller rental of the day...you get it for FREE! Wow was that a fantastic surprise! (We had very early breakfast ressies but stopped for the stroller first).

Good luck!

can't help with the visa...but sounds like a good plan!?!

as for TT...I'm sure ya'll are going at a slow time of the year and the standbys will not be long...BUT, if it were us...I would have one of you go by get it and than hit the right side of the park, have your snack , and be ready for TT!

good planning!

can't help with the visa...but sounds like a good plan!?!

as for TT...I'm sure ya'll are going at a slow time of the year and the standbys will not be long...BUT, if it were us...I would have one of you go by get it and than hit the right side of the park, have your snack , and be ready for TT!

good planning!

Thanks!!! I think that we are going to do it just to be on the safe side. That was our exact plan, hit the right side then ride TT. Immediately after TT, we will go to the World Showcase. It should be about time for it to open, so it is perfect timing considering TT is by the entrance. Any experience with Figment? I am trying to get some more info from ppl with kids.

If you are the first stroller rental of the day...you get it for FREE! Wow was that a fantastic surprise! (We had very early breakfast ressies but stopped for the stroller first).

Good luck!

Woohoo! What a great tip! And, I love a competitive challange (ha!) Great excuse to get breakfast reservations! I was not aware that the stroller rental opened that early. Also, is there a limit to how many times you can use it throught your stay?

sounds like a great plan, Katie. I don't know if you know this or not but you can rent a stroller for the week; that way you don't have to go through th actual renting each day! you may want to check into this (that way all you do is pick up a stroller and go)!

and on your way out grab a FP for what ever your favorite ride is so when you go back that evening you can walk right on!

Have a great day! looking forward to the new outfits...
:wave2:

Ohhh great idea about fast pass on the way out :thumbsup2 Also, love the week long rental idea. Do you get it when you go to your first park, or do you order it ahead of time?

Hi Katie,
All your Epcot plans look great! The travel agent Angela sounds great too. I know how hard it is to give up control over your reservations :goodvibes. As far as ADR's IMO I would toss San Angel Inn off the list. The CS in Mexico is much better than the TS. Whispering Canyon is really fun and has good food, nothing fancy though. But if you want to do a character breakfast I would go with 'Ohana or Crystal Palace. More fun for the kids. Good luck with the moms panel. I didn't try this year because of everything that has been going on lately. I wanted to but I just could not find the time to write this year. But I sure hope some of my DIS friends get picked :).

Awww, hope you apply next year! You would be a wonderful Mom's Panel member :goodvibes

I agree about Ohana or CP. We havent decided yet, but I am so excited either way!

I have been hearing bad things about San Angel too. Seems like it is a pretty restaurant, but bad service and food. Maybe we can just peek inside and not eat!

BippityBoo
Hey BelleSoliel just let me know that we are all going to be in Disney at the same time.. How fun is that. I want be busy tomorrow at work so I'm going to read your trip report. We are also staying at Wilderness Lodge.
Looking forward to checking out your PreTrip report and other things.
TexasBelle
Carolyn

Awesome! We are at the WL too! And I think Soliel is too :thumbsup2 Have fun reading my TR! I am having a hard time finishing it with all my planning for this trip! Look forward to reading yours too.

Do you think that they will offer free dining for January. That would be sooo cool:cool1:

I'm still trying to figure out where we are eating besides California Grill on our Magic Kingdom day.

Enjoying your pretrip.
TexasBelle
Carolyn

Awesome! We are at the WL too! And I think Soliel is too :thumbsup2 Have fun reading my TR! I am having a hard time finishing it with all my planning for this trip! Look forward to reading yours too.

That's right, girls! We will all be at WL together. Looking forward to seeing you both!

That's right, girls! We will all be at WL together. Looking forward to seeing you both!

Woohoo :woohoo: I got your PM but I am doing homework...will write you back tonight!

Do you think that they will offer free dining for January. That would be sooo cool:cool1:

I'm still trying to figure out where we are eating besides California Grill on our Magic Kingdom day.

Enjoying your pretrip.
TexasBelle
Carolyn

I hope it is something GOOD! Only 2 more days till they (hopefully) will announce it :yay: Also, I can not wait to try California Grill. Maybe one day when we are at WDW with no kids (ha!)

NOT SURE IF YOU CAN RENT BEFORE; I'LL HAVE TO CHECK INTO THAT ONE!http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/stroller-rentals/
The stroller rental fee is:
$15.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller
$31.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller
$100 credit card deposit is required per strollers rented at the Downtown Disney Area. The rented stroller must be returned to the original rental location to receive a credit card deposit refund.

For Guests who require a stroller rental for multiple days, we offer a length of stay rental ticket where you make a one-time payment transaction for as many days of rental as you will need. Upon visiting a Disney Theme Park, show your receipt at the stroller rental location and you will be expedited through the queue with a reduced wait time.

The multiple day rental fee is:
$13.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller
$27.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller

ANOTHER SITE DISSER'S RAVE ABOUT--YOU ORDER IT AHEAD OF TIME AND IT IS WAITING AT THE RESORT FOR YOU AND WILL P/U WHEN YOU ARE DONE!
http://www.abbf.com/index.html

Hope this helps!

Katie:
On our first trip to DisneyWorld without kids we decided to eat at San Angel, (Mexican food is one of our favorite meals) but we found that the food there wasn't the Mexican food that we love. "TexMex". So It's something to think about. If you have Abuelo's, Papasitas or On the Board where you live then San Angel's food doesn't compare to those, their taste is very different. Plus it was really dark in there which was very romantic, but very cramped and really hard to see. That was our expreience, it could be different now.

We also ate at Whispering Canyon and loved it, but we had teenagers with us and the wait staff really interacted with them. It was fun and loud. The wait staff would yell at each other and other's around the room, which was funny but for little ones it might be a little intimidating to them, but then again we had a blast but we had teen's with us.

I love Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace. The charactor's are fabuluos.:woohoo: Especially at Crystal because it's Pooh Bear and friends. Liberty Tree has Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale. They were so funny. We saw them during Mickey's Not so Scary Holloween Party and they were all dressed up which was really fun. But if I had to choose one for little kids it would be Crystal Palace. ;)

We also ate at Ohana's for dinner and loved the food. One of Rae's DD15 favorite places to eat. We've never tried the breakfast but that's where we will be staying in April or June of next year for her 16th birthday. So I'm sure that will be on her ajenda lots.

I hope my information helped. Study hard. We're home with the flu... Rae and I.
Carolyn
TexasBelle

NOT SURE IF YOU CAN RENT BEFORE; I'LL HAVE TO CHECK INTO THAT ONE!http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/stroller-rentals/
The stroller rental fee is:
$15.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller
$31.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller
$100 credit card deposit is required per strollers rented at the Downtown Disney Area. The rented stroller must be returned to the original rental location to receive a credit card deposit refund.

For Guests who require a stroller rental for multiple days, we offer a length of stay rental ticket where you make a one-time payment transaction for as many days of rental as you will need. Upon visiting a Disney Theme Park, show your receipt at the stroller rental location and you will be expedited through the queue with a reduced wait time.

The multiple day rental fee is:
$13.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller
$27.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller

ANOTHER SITE DISSER'S RAVE ABOUT--YOU ORDER IT AHEAD OF TIME AND IT IS WAITING AT THE RESORT FOR YOU AND WILL P/U WHEN YOU ARE DONE!
http://www.abbf.com/index.html

Hope this helps!

Of course!! Thanks sooo much!

Katie:
On our first trip to DisneyWorld without kids we decided to eat at San Angelo, (Mexican food is one of our favorite meals) but we found that the food there wasn't the Mexican food that we love. "TexMex". So It's something to think about. If you have Abuelo's, Papasitas or On the Board where you live then San Angelo's food doesn't compare to those, their taste is very different. Plus it was really dark in there which was very romantic, but very cramped and really hard to see. That was our expreience, it could be different now.

We also ate at Wilderness Lodge and loved it, but we had teenagers with us and the wait staff really interacted with them. It was fun and loud. The wait staff would yell at each other and other's around the room, which was funny but for little ones it might be a little intimidating to them, but then again we had a blast but we had teen's with us.

I love Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace. The charactor's are fabuluos.:woohoo: Especially at Crystal because it's Pooh Bear and friends. Liberty Tree has Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale. They were so funny. We saw them during Mickey's Not so Scary Holloween Party and they were all dressed up which was really fun. But if I had to choose one for little kids it would be Crystal Palace. ;)

We also ate at Ohana's for dinner and loved the food. One of Rae's DD15 favorite places to eat. We've never tried the breakfast but that's where we will be staying in April or June of next year for her 16th birthday. So I'm sure that will be on her ajenda lots.

I hope my information helped. Study hard. We're home with the flu... Rae and I.
Carolyn
TexasBelle

Oh my! Is it swine flu??!! I hope you are feeling better.

We LOVE O'hana! Our absolute favorite (for dinner), so it would be interesting to see it for breakfast. Our idea was that since we are going back to WDW in Dec 2010 (and saying at the Poly!) then we could check it out and eat breakfast at either Ohana or Kona on our departure day. That way, we dont have to have a park ticket. On the other hand, Liberty Tree food always looks AMAZING and CP is always raved about. Thanks for the info on everything!!

Hi, Katie!!! I am here and off to catch up on everything! :goodvibes

:cheer2: I feel so honored to have the Princess reading my Trip Report!! Welcome! However...you just missed all of my pics. It is a REALLY long story (nothing bad) but I decided to take the kid's pics off of my TRs just for privacy reasons and all. I have the most adorable kids too, if I do say so myself.:goodvibes

I also have made it a hobby to get custom made outfits for them in Disney. People really enjoy seeing what characters I pick for them to have appliqued on their outfits. So, my friend Jo (DisneyJo) suggested that we put mickey faces or somehow block their faces using photoshop. I am working on that now and will hopefully have some pics up soon. Thanks for joining :hug:

I have a high, high, high recommendation for www.orlandostrollerrentals.com

They are fabulous! The strollers are great, the prices are even better, and the service is amazing! We used them in October, and the girl brought the stroller to us early in the AM before our 1st day (we got in really late the night before, but didn't want to miss rope drop by getting it in the AM - she said "No Problem, I can bring it by as early as you want me to"). When we left to go home (early in the AM) all we had to do was leave it outside the townhouse and she came and picked it up. At a hotel, you would just leave it at the front.

I can't say enough good things about the company. I see it's now got an add at the top of this page. (Well, it is on my screen anyway). We got the double stroller - jogging style and it was great and very sturdy. Folded so easily! It was like $85 for the whole week.

Sara

I have a high, high, high recommendation for www.orlandostrollerrentals.com

They are fabulous! The strollers are great, the prices are even better, and the service is amazing! We used them in October, and the girl brought the stroller to us early in the AM before our 1st day (we got in really late the night before, but didn't want to miss rope drop by getting it in the AM - she said "No Problem, I can bring it by as early as you want me to"). When we left to go home (early in the AM) all we had to do was leave it outside the townhouse and she came and picked it up. At a hotel, you would just leave it at the front.

I can't say enough good things about the company. I see it's now got an add at the top of this page. (Well, it is on my screen anyway). We got the double stroller - jogging style and it was great and very sturdy. Folded so easily! It was like $85 for the whole week.

Sara

Sara, thanks so much!! I had gotten another reccomendation for this company in the past. My only hesitation is that my 6 year old will be using it too, and I loved that they could both fit (and sleep) comfortably in the double stroller at WDW b/c it is big and plastic. How much do your kids weigh? Abby is about 50 pounds ( I think ) and Aiden just made 30. I am going to look up more of what they offer now! What a great idea for a company. If only I thought about it before she did, I could move to Disney and still make a living :cloud9:

Of course!! Thanks sooo much!

Oh my! Is it swine flu??!! I hope you are feeling better.

We LOVE O'hana! Our absolute favorite (for dinner), so it would be interesting to see it for breakfast. Our idea was that since we are going back to WDW in Dec 2010 (and saying at the Poly!) then we could check it out and eat breakfast at either Ohana or Kona on our departure day. That way, we dont have to have a park ticket. On the other hand, Liberty Tree food always looks AMAZING and CP is always raved about. Thanks for the info on everything!!
They (the medical field) is calling all flu either swine or regular flu, FLU... So I'm not real sure which one we have. Although we spent last night in the emergency room because Rae started throwing up and it really scared me.:scared1: We have yet to get our flu shot so it has hit us really hard. It's been going through our high school first the volleyball team, and now the Cheerleaders, Rae's a cheerleader.

Have you stayed at the Poly before?

We haven't and that's where Rae choose to stay for her birthday, I'm really looking forward to it. We even plan on staying on the Magic Kingdom/Beach area. She is picking out everywhere see wants to stay and eat. Ohana's is one, California Grill, she loves sushi :eek: :confused3: :eek: Breakfast with the Princess at Cindi's castle. We've done Akershue's breakfast but not Cindi's.

By the way the food at Liberty Tree is really good. It's just good ole southern food. Turkey, dressing, green beans and macc and cheese. Yum Yum..

Carolyn
TexasBelle

Sara, thanks so much!! I had gotten another reccomendation for this company in the past. My only hesitation is that my 6 year old will be using it too, and I loved that they could both fit (and sleep) comfortably in the double stroller at WDW b/c it is big and plastic. How much do your kids weigh? Abby is about 50 pounds ( I think ) and Aiden just made 30. I am going to look up more of what they offer now! What a great idea for a company. If only I thought about it before she did, I could move to Disney and still make a living :cloud9:

Katie, it's funny because I got the stroller for my girls (ages 4 and 5 at the time) to ride in, thinking that Michael, at age 7 then would be fine to walk. For the most part, he was, but he actually did ride in it quite a few times during our trip and was fine. He was a bit lanky but there was still no trouble pushing him around, even with his 5 year old sister in it with him.

I will look for a picture of it with them in it.

Sara

They (the medical field) is calling all flu either swine or regular flu, FLU... So I'm not real sure which one we have. Although we spent last night in the emergency room because Rae started throwing up and it really scared me.:scared1: We have yet to get our flu shot so it has hit us really hard. It's been going through our high school first the volleyball team, and now the Cheerleaders, Rae's a cheerleader.

Have you stayed at the Poly before?

We haven't and that's where Rae choose to stay for her birthday, I'm really looking forward to it. We even plan on staying on the Magic Kingdom/Beach area. She is picking out everywhere see wants to stay and eat. Ohana's is one, California Grill, she loves sushi :eek: :confused3: :eek: Breakfast with the Princess at Cindi's castle. We've done Akershue's breakfast but not Cindi's.

By the way the food at Liberty Tree is really good. It's just good ole southern food. Turkey, dressing, green beans and macc and cheese. Yum Yum..

Carolyn
TexasBelle

Oh my! I can not stand the flu...especially ones that come from swine. The best advice my grandmother ever gave me was use oil of olay moisturizer every day (she looks 50 and she is 84)...such a simple product!! Don't forget your sunscreen AND get a flu shot. :lmao: I have religiously stuck to all three and they really have made a difference (hehe)

Seriously though, I am really sorry to hear about Rae. Abby just went to school after being off for a week sick with a virus. It is sooo miserable when your child is sick and you cant do anything about it. I am sending love her way :love:

Love that she is a cheerleader :cheer2: I was a cheerleader and on dance team...and I love sushi too :cloud9:

No, we have never stayed at the poly!! Just the GF! I am sooo looking forward to both WL and Poly. I think the kids will enjoy it more b/c they seem more themed. Have you seen the poly during christmas? My only hesitation is that it is not as themed as far as christmas decorations go like GF, WL and others...

Also, LOVE southern food cause I am a southern belle too!!

Hey Katie!! So sorry I have been MIA on your PTR...I am a bad friend! ;) Sounds like your plans are great - you guys are going to have an awesome time!! I am bummed that we are going to miss each other, but maybe another time, you never know!

Take care!!

Welcome back, Katie!!! Hope the new job is treating you well :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter