So Much to Celebrate. . a Disney Wedding, 30th Anniversary & Easter 2015 Updated 3/29

@mFont23 so glad you guys got a little time for yourselves before all the celebrations started! You definitely look ready in the luggage photo. I am excited to hear all about the festivities!

She just sat there for a second kind of stunned then asked if we packed her wedding dress. Once it sunk in later that day she was SO EXCITEDDDDD!!!!!
Isn't that always the way really. They need time to process it most of the time. Can't wait to see all of the wedding details!

@vamassey1 Love the surprise dinner and all the photos with the princesses. Im super jealous because my boys will not let me meet any princesses these days. Boo hoo! I love that you gut to watch Wishes so easily from the restaurant. And I agree that BTMRR is best at night. You all need to try EE at night now. It, too, is better at night...but aren't most outdoor rides and coasters? I love seeing all the lights as I ride around! I haven't tried JC at night but I have read from others it is good!

The best part of having girls is doing the girly stuff. We loved being able to surprise her. Dennis does a real good job of tolerating all our girly stuff. He loves it when Brent is home and he's not the only guy anymore. I can't wait to try EE at night in May! One of those things on my list for this next trip.

How exciting. I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures.

The wedding pictures are soooo good. We have a few more days before we get there.

Isn't that always the way really. They need time to process it most of the time. Can't wait to see all of the wedding details!

We told her on her birthday we were going to Disney and it took awhile for her to get excited about that too.

"emergency make-up"

It's a neccessity!

not that she needed much since she is lovely without it.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

IMG_6238.jpg

Gorgeous!

LOVE this one!!!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall!

We held our breath and it happened we were seated at that exact table.

SCORE!!!!! :banana:

I've seen several comments from people saying that the portions are much smaller than in the past.

This is tragically true. No more are the days for splitting to save cash. :(

hen it was just us. One of the few times that week it would be just us two. I had on my Mickey Monogrammed shirt with my soon-to-be initials, hair was done, bags were packed and car was loaded. IT WAS GO TIME! We got to the airport with plenty of time to relax. Got us some food, and even had ourselves a cocktail! I was on cloud nine.

YAY! You're off!! Super huge smiles going on here!

FOLKS! IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THAT!

Nope, it just doesn't! Huzzah!!

Love the photos from your dinner at CRT. Danielle seemed pretty excited to meet the princesses, and you guys timed the meal perfectly to coincide with Wishes. Poor girl thought you two just really wanted to see those mosaics.:rotfl2: What a great way to wrap up your MK day.
Thunder Mtn and Jungle Cruise are like two different attractions at night...

Little kids can be the worst at reacting to surprises. Gia's Easter reaction was priceless.
I'm glad you were able to fly sans kid to Disney. That alone is a beautiful thing. :rotfl:
Facebook official is a big deal! And very smart of you to do it right before you were in the air and couldn't reply to any upset family/friends that weren't invited. :thumbsup2:rotfl:

I'm glad you were able to fly sans kid to Disney. That alone is a beautiful thing. :rotfl:
Facebook official is a big deal! And very smart of you to do it right before you were in the air and couldn't reply to any upset family/friends that weren't invited. :thumbsup2:rotfl:

No kidding, right? My biggest worry about having the wedding the way that we did was hurting people's feelings. But we ended up throwing a shower about a month later at home to celebrate with everyone and look at the pictures and stuff. With every birthday party we have and every event we host, I pat myself on the back for having done a destination wedding. I seriously don't think I could've handled anything else. And I justified it by reminding myself that it was about our marriage, not about catering and paying for a party for everyone to enjoy.

We've all been really busy around here. While mom catches up on the trip, I wanted to go ahead and share the Disney awesome-ness that was my baby shower. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant. We were just shy of 16 when we found out we were having a boy and BOY were we shocked. The only thing we had in our heads if it were to be a boy is a boy name we've had picked out since forever, and the fact that we wanted a Monsters Inc Nursery. My stepdaughter has a pretty awesome mermaid room that we made for her last year, so I knew we could really bring it with details and with all the cute monsters stuff at babies r us.

So when that confetti went blue I was like, "YAY! Monster's Inc Room!" Then that slowly became "Monster's Inc Shower" too. My MIL, my mom, and my best friend ended up putting everything together and it was totally Pinterest worthy! Here's a few pictures of everything…

Is that not the cutest diaper cake you've ever seen?! Mom really outdid herself on the decorations!!!

My MIL, Gia, Myself, Danielle, and Mom. I am SO BLESSED to have my family and my in-laws and we all love each other and get along so great. Really makes it easy for holidays! But really it's like one big family, and I love it. My MIL wanted this picture for a frame I bought her a while back that says "My Girls".

Sistas! But, check out how cute that mommy-to-be pin is!

If anyone remembers Chelsea from previous Disney trips. She was on the wedding trip as well.

Nightie with Monsters playing football... this is perfect on so many levels (my husband played football up through college-- at LSU).

Of course this came from my mother.

I love this picture with my mom. Apparently she thought I was a LOT bigger than I was, but this picture is quentessential us.

It was a great party! Will get back to the trip report shortly (hopefully). Mom has ONE MORE robotics competition this weekend and then they're DONE!

Well, I learned something new -- "emergency makeup"!!

Glad you had such a good location in CRT and could see the fireworks. Looked like fun!

Said emergency makeup [URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/vamassey/media/CCE708CC-4FB9-4C63-9C37-1467D924C01D.jpg.html][/URL]

Seeing the fireworks was the icing on the cake! We did plan it that way but for it to actually work out was the best.

It's a neccessity!

Yep

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Thank you!

Gorgeous!

I loved getting the pictures from the front of the empty castle.

LOVE this one!!!

Thank you!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall!

Me too!

SCORE!!!!! :banana:

This is tragically true. No more are the days for splitting to save cash. :(

It going to be a real bummer on our trip in May.

Love the photos from your dinner at CRT. Danielle seemed pretty excited to meet the princesses, and you guys timed the meal perfectly to coincide with Wishes. Poor girl thought you two just really wanted to see those mosaics.:rotfl2: What a great way to wrap up your MK day.
Thunder Mtn and Jungle Cruise are like two different attractions at night...

Danielle doesn't like to character hunt anymore but she likes eating with the characters. I have the new breakfast reserved for our trip in May. We get to eat with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric. I hope she likes it. Right now the trip is her graduation surprise so she doesn't know. I was so happy we timed it right for Wishes.

Sunday, April 5th-Celebrating Easter and our 30th Anniversary

Sunday was a very big day. It was Easter, our 30th Anniversary and the day the rest of the party would arrive. We had planned on spending our day in Epcot enjoying the Flower & Garden Show and meeting Jimmy and Michelle for a special anniversary dinner.

Our day started with giving Danielle her Easter basket and some cards to each other. We don't usually do gifts for our anniversary, being in Disney for it was a pretty big deal to us.

We had breakfast at Riverside Mill. I don't have any pictures but my receipt shows a chocolate milk, clementines, french toat platter, orange juice, pancake with meat and whole fruit. We paid out of pocket for this. The terrible thing about waiting so long to do a report is you don't remember everything. I'm pretty sure I had the fruit, Dennis the French Toast and Danielle the pancakes and chocolate milk. Our total was $28.80. We cased out right before 8. We had to hurry to get on a bus for Epcot to make rope drop.

We made the mad dash for Soarin' since we had a FastPass+ for Test Track for 9-10. I'm pretty sure we cut it pretty close. Dennis and Danielle made the the car choices. I could really care less about car stuff but Dennis loves it. He spends weeks looking for a new vehicle when it's time to purchase one. He shows me so many different cars but I just get bored. I don't care what the rims look like.

We were soon speeding through the ride.

Of course we had to stop and see the cars.

Now that we were through rushing between Soarin' and Test Track I could take some pictures. We did Flower and Garden back in 2007 and I just didn't get enough pictures of all the beautiful flowers and greenery. My goal was to get lots more this time around.

Cars seemed to have a pretty big representation.

We started making our way to see Nemo.

We have to be careful in here. We can loose hours just looking at all the exhibits.

I don't like snakes.

We caught part of the dolphin show. This little guy was so cute. He has a great smile.

We left the Seas and headed to Space Ship Earth.

I had to get this shot before we went in.

Danielle and I rode together so I didn't get any future pictures of Dennis.

It was now time to head toward World Showcase. I wanted to try something new for lunch.

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
I wanted to try La Cantina de San Angel. It wasn't open the last time we all went together. I had the Tacos de Barbacoa.

We enjoyed our meal. We really enjoyed the views the outdoor seating area gives you.

I think I've done pretty good. I made it to lunch in one post. Photobucket is giving me fits so I'm going to call it quits. I'm really hoping to get more done on this report since we leave again in 55 days.

Last edited:
Seeing EPCOT all decked out for the Flower and Garden Festival is my favorite time. It's just so beautiful.

No kidding, right? My biggest worry about having the wedding the way that we did was hurting people's feelings. But we ended up throwing a shower about a month later at home to celebrate with everyone and look at the pictures and stuff. With every birthday party we have and every event we host, I pat myself on the back for having done a destination wedding. I seriously don't think I could've handled anything else. And I justified it by reminding myself that it was about our marriage, not about catering and paying for a party for everyone to enjoy.
We did a destination wedding to Savannah. It was so nice...got married on the beach, casual "reception" at a seafood place later. It was great. We did another casual reception once we got home, for family and friends, and I had Frontera (Mexican) cater. It was so fun!

We were just shy of 16 when we found out we were having a boy and BOY were we shocked.
Congrats. I have two boys and they do love their momma!

So when that confetti went blue I was like, "YAY! Monster's Inc Room!" Then that slowly became "Monster's Inc Shower" too.
Yay! Such a cute theme and a great shower!

my husband played football up through college-- at LSU).
I wonder if my hubby has heard of him. My DH and his family are from Louisiana...Lafayette to be exact. But he's a big LSU CFB fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter