So Much to Celebrate. . a Disney Wedding, 30th Anniversary & Easter 2015 Updated 3/29

Love the photos! It looks like a wonderful parade but I'm not sure if it's wonderful enough to brace tempos that feel like 100 degrees and skipping my youngest's nap. So I'm glad to live vicariously through you! Little Mermaid reminded me of Danielle! :)

Love, love POR! Glad you guys got to relax at the pool for your break time. Interested to read all about your evening plans!

I'm so sorry I've been absent but the fall and holidays are so busy.

We loved the parade but if I young ones that needed a nap and break from the heat I would skip it too.

Wonderful MK day! I had to laugh at the nap under the benches. Pretty ingenious idea to hide in the shade of the seat.

FoF is such a great parade. I've never seen it from the train station before, but it looks like it'd be a cool perspective.

POR looks gorgeous. Seems to be a very relaxing and peaceful resort.

Teenagers can sleep anywhere. I really liked seeing the parade from her but would like to try another spot in the future.

That announcement is absolutely adorable!!!! Congrats!

Thank you! Michelle is very creative.

Congrats @vamassey1 and family!! That's what I thought/was hoping for when I saw you all had changed your trip plans! So very exciting and the announcement is "incredible"! :) A Disney baby on the way....

Thank you! We can make a trip to Disney in June with a baby coming in May. We're hoping for Christmas week now.

Congratulations! Very cute announcement! (Also, sorry you're battling morning sickness. That's the worst. I hope it goes away soon!)

Thank you! She's doing much better now.

Vaness, I just read your TR from start to finish! I am so happy I clicked on this TR!

My last trip was in February 2014 and we stayed at PORFQ. The pool was being remodeled while we were there so we swam at POR. Both are beautiful resorts. I have enjoyed seeing your photos of the resort and the boat ride to DtD. Like you, I still refer to it as DtD.

Danielle, you are one creative woman! Loved your wedding invitation and your birth announcement is fantastic! It looks like you picked the right guy for your hubby! I love that all three of you participated in the announcement! Congratulations! I am looking forward to reading more about your wedding. I am very budget conscious too and am looking forward to reading more details on your budget friendly Disney wedding. I also agree with you in that big receptions take the focus off the couple. The last few big receptions I have attended, the bride and groom never even came around to talk to their guests.

I am amazed at how your early entry photos show such a deserted MK at one of the most crowded times of the year! It is great you made such good use of the early entry time.

Welcome and thanks for joining in. We love POR and PORFQ they are both so beautiful.

We loved having a Disney wedding that small and personal.

LOVE the announcement! Congratulations! Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you. I'm hoping to get posting again soon.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I'm pregnant too and just got over morning sickness. You can DO IT!! :)

Can't wait to read more! LOVE all your photos! And POR is truly the best mod resort.

Welcome and Congrats to you too. She has passed the morning sickness and is getting the baby's room ready now.

Congratulations! Wonderful report and so many awesome pictures - be sure Danielle knows Auburn is a fantastic school :)

Welcome and thank you! I have a sister that went to Auburn and very good friend.

just poppin in to say hi vanessa!!!!!!

JORDAN! I can't believe I missed you poppin in. I hope everything is good with you. Miss you so much.

And I"m all caught up. :)

I have been seeing the family news on FB, most of it anyway, so knew about the flooding and the wedding and new addition. But as usual, loved/am loving all of your photos. :)

Glad I scrolled through the list of TRs tonight- something I really don't do a lot of.

I'm all subbed in now and will be here to comment and follow along.

And I"m all caught up. :)

I have been seeing the family news on FB, most of it anyway, so knew about the flooding and the wedding and new addition. But as usual, loved/am loving all of your photos. :)

Glad I scrolled through the list of TRs tonight- something I really don't do a lot of.

I'm all subbed in now and will be here to comment and follow along.

:welcome: I'm so happy you found me. I've been a real bad slacker but now that the holidays are over I'm hoping to have more time. I really need to get caught up on everyone's trip reports too.

:welcome: I'm so happy you found me. I've been a real bad slacker but now that the holidays are over I'm hoping to have more time. I really need to get caught up on everyone's trip reports too.

Happy to be here! :) Looking forward to hanging out with you more- I think everyone's schedules will free up with the Holidays behind us.

I don't know how I missed the big news. Congratulations!

Thank you! We're all really excited. Can't wait to have another Disney loving baby.

Even I was on this one! ;)

He's right about that.

Oh sure, rub it in, Pal. ;)

But of course he does.

Happy to be here! :) Looking forward to hanging out with you more- I think everyone's schedules will free up with the Holidays behind us.

I miss my Disney buddies. I'm looking forward to conversing with everyone again. Robot build season starts Saturday. Since I'm not much of a builder just a female presence, I'm hoping to do some trip report catching up while putting in my hours.

Thank you all for your kind words and congratulations! I apologize if I haven't had the chance the thank you all personally. We are 23 weeks along now and just ready to meet this baby. Things are starting to calm down with the holidays over and I'm in MAJOR nesting mode!!! I have almost everything we want for the baby's room. It's a BOY so he is getting a Monster's Inc nursery, and I've got to say it's pretty awesome so far! Sorry we haven't been able to update, but I wanted to try and catch up with mom's timeline before we get to the point we actually met up for the trip.

Last I left off, we were getting ready for the wedding aspect of the trip. I'm a super control freak and I have this innate need to always be prepared for every situation. And I over-plan… but I don't know WHERE that comes from (*cough*mom*cough*). So I put a whole lotta thought into putting together all the little details. I bought props for the photo session we booked. We had contracts to sign, vendors to pay, and still had to find ways to make it our own.

BY THE WAY, IF YOU EVER HAVE A CHANCE TO DO A FAMILY PHOTO SESSION IN DISNEY, CALL RANDY CHAPMAN! He was so wonderful and well within my budget, and the ease of everything was just perfect.

Once all the contracts were signed and everything was a-GO, it was time to settle in and just wait for it to come. So I used that as an opportunity to order all the things to make it special! I made a sign for pictures, we had lots of props, I made packing list after packing list. There were lists of things I can pack now and things I could pack after we told Gia. It was intense. As luck would have it, I came across a better job opportunity on a whim and took it. So I had the last month or so at my job with no new tasks or access. So that worked in my favor to finish all my wedding stuff.

My husband works a lot, and it is strange, long hours in the sales business. So this was almost all on me to make happen. I would tell people things here and there of what I was doing or what I had planned, but for the most part I had it covered and everyone just showed up to enjoy it. That's the way I like it and the reason I over-plan, but it's well worth the work.

So Gia knew we were going and she would mention clothes she wanted to wear and things she wanted to bring or rides she wanted to ride. Once her birthday passed, we were able to tell her we were going in two weeks. That helped get her ready. It was a short enough time frame to be excited, but not too impatient. So we were able to pack for Disney, but she had no idea we were getting married there. She did know the wedding was coming up. We all had dresses, but never really talked details. She actually told us once, when we tried to ask if she was excited about the wedding, that if the wedding wasn't today that she didn't care LOL!

Trying to pack ALL THE THINGS and stay organized and make sure, I don't know, that you don't forget IMPORTANT WEDDING THINGS IN ANOTHER STATE can be a little stressful. Somehow… I did it. We were able to coordinate who was bringing what and when and where between all of the different groups showing up at different times. The meals were booked, the fastpasses were booked and coordinated, and everything was ready to rock and roll.

My parents drove, so they brought the dress. Poor Danielle. It's been a while since she's shared a backseat on a long road trip. This trip she shared it with all the poof of my dress. I would be staying with my parents the night before the wedding. There was a time and place for everyone to be and a detailed list of how to get there without bothering me and stressing me out. It was all good to go!

The week before the wedding, on a night Gia was with her mom, we had the family over and did a little toast. I guess it was kind of our rehearsal dinner. It was just a chance to thank our family and a few friends for just being there and excited for us. And for going to DISNEY just to watch us say, "I DO!" Everyone got a little gift bag to bring with them to Disney. It was full of ring pops, flower leis, goofy sunglasses, candy, and a few other little knick knacks. My parents left earlier for Disney than the rest of us, so now all we had to do was pick Gia up on that Saturday and get through Easter weekend before we could get on that plane!

I wish I had pictures of everything we did along the way, but it was so hush-hush that I don't have much. And if I posted pics from the big day, it would totally ruin the anticipation! :yay:LOL

My next post: Easter Sunday, hit the road!

What an exciting time, knowing its a boy and getting ready for him to be here. I remember those times fondle. I have two boys; 5 yrs and almost 3 yrs. I absolutely cannot believe my oldest is 5. They are both growing up way too fast.

I enjoy planning and consider myself an uberplanner but I definitely get some anxiety from it. Weird, huh? But you seem to enjoy it and thrive from it...so good for you...you were made for wedding planning!

Glad it all was working out! Looking forward to the rest!

What an exciting time, knowing its a boy and getting ready for him to be here. I remember those times fondle. I have two boys; 5 yrs and almost 3 yrs. I absolutely cannot believe my oldest is 5. They are both growing up way too fast.

I enjoy planning and consider myself an uberplanner but I definitely get some anxiety from it. Weird, huh? But you seem to enjoy it and thrive from it...so good for you...you were made for wedding planning!

Glad it all was working out! Looking forward to the rest!

I don't know about "made for wedding planning".... this was as much wedding as I was willing to plan. But my mom seems to always be prepared for every situation and my dad makes lists to remind himself to make lists. So yes, I like to think I can organize just about anything. Or at least organized chaos.

Ok, Vanessa, all caught up! Love that it all worked out for both of you couples to celebrate and enjoy some Disney magic.

I knew the flooding was bad, but that looked just awful. Glad you could help and be there for your neighbors and friends.

Looking forward to more!

Liesa

I know I've been a terrible trip report writer. Life has been so much more busier than I ever thought it could be. We made it through Robot Build Season. I was a lot more involved this year then in the past. I started helping with the media team and I can honestly say I'm sick of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Next week starts competitions. We travel to Little Rock, have the next weekend off then have our home Regional in Kenner, Louisiana. In between the the 2 competitions I have Danielle scheduled for her Senior pictures. We also had Michelle's shower on the same weekend as the final weekend of build. At this point I can't wait for the summer. I'm going to try and finish up our first park day tonight.

April 4th-Magic Kingdom Part 6

So when I last left off several months ago we had just finished our break and now it was time to get ready for our evening in Magic Kingdom and our first ADR. While we rested by the pool, Danielle rested in the bed. We all bathed and started freshening up. Danielle had convinced us that she did not bring enough clothes to wear 2 sets on this day so we had picked her up a shirt in the resort store. She was changed into the shirt but had picked out some Nike shorts to wear with it and had removed all her makeup. She was under the impression we were eating at Tonys, which is a favorite of hers. I tried to get up to spruce herself up but only came off as sounding like I didn't think she looked good enough. I know my daughter and if she knew where we were really going she would want to look more Princess like. I dropped it and we gathered ourselves up and headed back to the Magic Kingdom. We stopped on the way in for a few pictures.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XE4hzq]MK_ENTR_7268910334 [/URL]

We told Danielle we has some time before dinner and wanted to take some more photo pass pictures and go see the mosaics at the castle first. So we slowly made our way down Main Street.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmSMN]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJaRN2]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XE3P2j]. [/URL]

By this time the front of the castle was closed off and people were setting up for Wishes. We made our way around the castle.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJaRFD]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Xti6LW]MK_FNTSYBRG_7291323350 [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XE4hn1]MK_FNTSYBRG_7258108144 [/URL]

By the time we made it to the back of the castle it was closed roped off. Danielle started to get a little worried. She thought we should just give up and head back down to Tonys. Dennis went up the cast member at the rope and explained what we needed. Soon we were heading towards the castle. Danielle was really getting worried she just knew we were going to get into trouble for pretending to have an ADR for Cinderella's just to take some pictures of the mosaics. About this time Dennis finally told her we would not get into trouble since we did indeed need to check in for our dinner ADR. Danielle was floored and trilled. As soon as it sunk in she asked if I had my "emergency make-up"? Luckily I did, I carry some Clinic make-up for just these type of emergencies. While we were waiting to be called in she did some quick repair, not that she needed much since she is lovely without it. She knew we would be taking pictures and wanted to look her best.

Here are a few of the pictures we took as we made our way to the Castle.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/X884HW]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmRB1]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmRwb]. [/URL]

The deserted backside of the Castle.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/XE3NVN]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJaRxc]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmR1S]. [/URL]

And yes, we did take some pictures of the mosaics.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJaRpM]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XJaRkZ]. [/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmRNo]. [/URL]

It was finally time to go into meet Cinderella.

I have always wanted to take this picture.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WsmQJE]. [/URL]

I know I said I would get through this night but I really need to get to bed. I'll post our actual dinner in the next post.

Last edited:
April 4- MK Part 7 Dinning with Royalty

We enjoyed looking down onto the many people gathering to see Wishes in front of the castle. It really makes you feel special to be the only people on that castle landing. Before too long we were called in to meet Cinderella. The photo pass photographer really did a good job with these. I don't know what they discussed but it looks real interesting.

We enjoyed our visit with Cinderella but we really looked forward to going upstairs to dinner. When it was our turn to make the trip we all really wished we would get one of those coveted tables by the windows. Wishes would be starting soon. As we turned the corner and entered the dinning room our eyes went straight to those tables and guess what, a table for 4 was open. We held our breath and it happened we were seated at that exact table. It wasn't exactly in front on the window but offset a little to the right. It was perfect to us. It didn't take long for the Princesses to start coming around. Snow White was first.

Ariel was next. This was the Princess Danielle most wanted to meet. I'm going to reveal a little secret. Danielle isn't really a red head but would love to be one, hence the altered color of her hair. She loved it when Ariel pointed out they both had the same color of hair.

Right before the fireworks started Sleeping Beauty came by.

Once Wishes started all attention was turned to the windows. There was a nice couple sitting next to us and they were very generous in sharing their view of the fireworks. My pictures really stinks but I'm going to post a few just to show that we really did see them.

When they came around with the magical wands they asked if Danielle wanted one? Of course she did.

I'm a bad Diser and didn't get many pictures of our food. I know Danielle and I the surf and turf meal, but I don't remember what Dennis had. Our receipt just has some codes on it. I did write down the total of $191.67 and our tip of $40 cash. I did take a picture of our desert and one of my meal.

Danielle and I were pretty full after our meal but Dennis wasn't. I've seen several comments from people saying that the portions are much smaller than in the past. Our food was ok, nothing great and nothing bad. We knew we were spending 2 credit for the experience. It was worth it to surprise Danielle. The last time she ate here she was 6.

We said goodbye to the castle.

We stopped so Danielle could make a wish. On her first trip when she was 3 we had to stop at every water feature for her to make a wish. I kept pennies in a mini MMs case for this and pressed pennies. Boy I miss the fun stuff little like to do in Disney.

We made our way to our final FP+.

We enjoyed out night time ride on BTMRR. It just so much more fun at night. We also took our first night time ride on the Jungle Cruise, again something very cool at night. At this point we were ready to call it quits. We watched the "Celebrate the Magic" castle show then headed back to the resort. We had had a very full first park day. The next day was Easter, Our 30th anniversary and everyone else would be arriving.

Easter Sunday: Our Travel Day (part 1)

We picked Gia up Saturday night and just played around the house until it was bedtime. Of course, that was the night before Easter AND a Disney trip… so sure enough on Sunday morning, around 5am, I heard the pitter patter of little feet come into our bedroom. She didn't even notice the Easter Bunny had stopped by. All she said was, "Is it time to go to Disney World yet?" The sun wasn't even up yet, and usually we make her wait until then. But she was excited and we were excited to tell her about the wedding.

She had to be reminded that the Easter Bunny came, and then her focus shifted to the basket. We were excited because the Easter Bunny had brought her special pearls, a book about Cinderella's wedding with a matching doll, and what is now known as her "wedding shoes" (which we buy each year from Walmart in a bigger size). Plus, all the other crap she normally gets. The knick-knacks, candy, etc. We have it on video, but it's the most unimpressive reveal EVER. We told her she could wear those shoes for the wedding and she thought it was a great idea. Keep in mind, it was still 5 in the morning. Then we told her we were getting married in JUST TWO DAYS! And that we were getting married IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!

…. Crickets ….

She just sat there for a second kind of stunned then asked if we packed her wedding dress. Once it sunk in later that day she was SO EXCITEDDDDD!!!!!

We got moving and got as much last minute packing done as possible. My (now) husband brought Gia to my in-laws. They wanted to give us the gift of as much relaxation as possible on this trip, so we flew that afternoon and they flew in that evening with Gia. She also stayed in their room during the trip, but we were in the building of POFQ that bordered POR, so we were all within walking distance and we made that walk several times that week.

Then it was just us. One of the few times that week it would be just us two. I had on my Mickey Monogrammed shirt with my soon-to-be initials, hair was done, bags were packed and car was loaded. IT WAS GO TIME! We got to the airport with plenty of time to relax. Got us some food, and even had ourselves a cocktail! I was on cloud nine.

We live in Baton Rouge, but Southwest flies direct out of New Orleans to Orlando. There's something about crossing the Ponchartrain that just puts me at ease. No wonder they call New Orleans the Big Easy! In fact, to propose, my husband was convinced he had to get me out of Baton Rouge just so I would be relaxed enough to say yes. I can't help it! If I'm in town, then there are probably a million other things I COULD be doing with my time that would be more productive than the memories we would be making out of town, otherwise. Either way, once we got out of town it didn't matter what we might have forgotten or any of that. We were traveling to Disney World on Easter Sunday to get married two days later and spend the week celebrating at the happiest place on Earth!

FOLKS! IT DOES NOT GET BETTER THAN THAT!

The flight itself is barely over an hour. Before they told us to turn our phones off we finally decided to go public with it… we went ahead and posted on facebook our little wedding invitation. SURPRISE, WORLD! WE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED! Facebook official is a big deal to us millennials. Then my oh-so-romantic husband (he's a big guy, but an even bigger sap) picked the newest Nicholas Sparks movie to download to the ipad and watch on the plane. We started that up on the tarmac and it ended right before we landed. It was "The Best of Me"… highly recommend it! Great way to start our love week.

@vamassey1 Love the surprise dinner and all the photos with the princesses. Im super jealous because my boys will not let me meet any princesses these days. Boo hoo! I love that you gut to watch Wishes so easily from the restaurant. And I agree that BTMRR is best at night. You all need to try EE at night now. It, too, is better at night...but aren't most outdoor rides and coasters? I love seeing all the lights as I ride around! I haven't tried JC at night but I have read from others it is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter