So Mickeys Halloween Party is now starting even earlier in August this year

August 13. Can you say GREED. Whats next Mickeys Xmas party being held throughout January. How about coming up with a new(even bring bad old ) night time parade 1st.

Yeah honestly, I don't get this. I have no interest in celebrating Halloween in the middle of summer. September is plenty early. If they're that desperate, create a different party for summer.

Selfishly, I am ok with Halloween in August. My husband is a teacher and can't take days off early in the school year. So, summer is sort of one of our only chances to do the Halloween party...or maybe a quick weekend trip in the fall, but we live a 3 hour plane ride away.

We went two years in a row to the Halloween party in August. Won't go again. It's way too crowded and hot. It rained both times and parades and meet and greets were postponed or cancelled, but since event wasn't cancelled - no refund!

Honestly, we love the parties so much I would not care if they offered it year round. They're a much better value than the DAH or VAH which are around the same price or more.

I have done one DAH and 2 Christmas parties. I didn’t see much value in the over crowded Christmas parties (long lines for everything).

DAH, on the other hand, was worth every penny. Every ride was a walk on for the entire event. Zero crowds. It was amazing.

Yes, the parties have more “offerings”, but the value is lost in having to fight the hordes of people to experience them.

Lol - maybe they will start it in July next year - or Christmas in July? Seriously though why not just do a different party over the summer? I’m sure people will pay for a summer bash in August...

As much as I probably would consider paying for a summer party, I also hope parties don't become a year round thing, at least not if they're at MK because of how badly they screw up the Magic Kingdom schedule, and inflate the already busy crowds on non-party nights. Maybe they can do a Summer on the Savannah party at AK if they really need to increase their sales.

August 13. Can you say GREED. Whats next Mickeys Xmas party being held throughout January. How about coming up with a new(even bring bad old ) night time parade 1st.
Its alway seemed odd that the Christmas party finishes when it does. the Halloween one goes on until the day after halloween so why should the Christmas one not go on until Boxing Day?

Let’s not forget as DVC members we go to WDW more often then most. Sometimes going to WDW is a once in a lifetime experience for people. While I’m not a big fan of Halloween in August, I can see the draw for it.
Seems like most of the once in a lifetime people would like MK to open at night time and there be regular fireworks, if you're only going to see it once. I love the firework shows, one of my favorite things about WDW, but I am so sick of dealing with the fallout from the parties. Only a few night a week you can see them, then the park it packed for it.

I just don't even understand why people will pay the prices for them. When I got in Sept, the longest lines all week are during the parties.

Seems like most of the once in a lifetime people would like MK to open at night time and there be regular fireworks, if you're only going to see it once. I love the firework shows, one of my favorite things about WDW, but I am so sick of dealing with the fallout from the parties. Only a few night a week you can see them, then the park it packed for it.

I just don't even understand why people will pay the prices for them. When I got in Sept, the longest lines all week are during the parties.

Yeah, there's now 4 months where every Saturday night MK fireworks show is a complete mob scene.

I suspect the once in a lifetime people would like to experience the fireworks without having the entire resort descend upon one park for that show...........*

*Without paying $80 pp for a special spot and desserts........

Now Disney on the other hand, they'll create a dessert party on top of the dessert party if they can pull it off to "help" the poor overwhelmed once in a lifetime visitor.

Yeah, there's now 4 months where every Saturday night MK fireworks show is a complete mob scene.

I suspect the once in a lifetime people would like to experience the fireworks without having the entire resort descend upon one park for that show...........*

*Without paying $80 pp for a special spot and desserts........

Now Disney on the other hand, they'll create a dessert party on top of the dessert party if they can pull it off to "help" the poor overwhelmed once in a lifetime visitor.

You have to hand it to them, they aren't dumb...

Disney: *creates problem*

Also Disney: Hey there, I have a solution to your problem there... it'll only cost...

Lots of people go to the Halloween parties for the special fireworks, parade, shows, trick or treating, the fun of dressing up, etc....Many people who do enjoy themselves at the parties, don’t even bother with rides or characters, so lines are a non-issue.

People keep going to the Halloween parties. And closing MK early for more and more hard ticket evening events isn't causing overall park ticket sales to plummet. As long as those two things continue to be true what reason does Disney have not to keep going on as they are, with more and more party nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!