• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

Angie you are on an updating roll! I love your description of Soarin. For a second I closed my eyes and could see it all! And it really did feel like I was on Living with the Land! That's a lot of photos:rotfl: We love Sunshine Seasons too. Such a good CS. The food is different and fresh. I think it may actually be better than some TS places. Can't wait to see where you head next!

Soon, the pre-boarding video began and we were listening to Patrick Warburton go over the safety rules....(okay a little off topic here but the other night DH was watching some half hour sitcom on CBS, I think? Anyway, I happened to walk in the room and who did I see but..Patrick Warburton himself and of course I exclaim "Hey..that's that guy from Soarin'" We both laughed because it occurred to us that most people would probably say "Hey, isn't that guy from Seinfeld?" But..nope not us...Soarin' it is!)

I watch that show every week and laugh to myself as I think of Kronk from the Emperor's New Grove:goodvibes

Angie you are on an updating roll! I love your description of Soarin. For a second I closed my eyes and could see it all! And it really did feel like I was on Living with the Land! That's a lot of photos:rotfl: We love Sunshine Seasons too. Such a good CS. The food is different and fresh. I think it may actually be better than some TS places. Can't wait to see where you head next!

:laughing:Thanks!! I took a ton of pictures on Living with the Land....that was only about half of them.:rolleyes1 You're so right about Sunshine Seasons..everything is always so fresh and tasty! I especially love that they have a separate dessert counter. It was so nice not to have pre-packaged cake for a change!!

I watch that show every week and laugh to myself as I think of Kronk from the Emperor's New Grove:goodvibes

:rotfl:That's so funny that you mentioned that! We've never watched Emperor's New Groove so I didn't realize he was in it....until this morning when I googled his name to make sure I was spelling it right and it came up. I almost included that as well as Seinfeld.:goodvibes

:laughing: I know him more as Kronk too. Emperor's New Groove is pretty funny and Kronk's New Groove is cute too. Squeak, squeaker squeakin'!

What a nice picture inside The Land building. I'll have to remember to take one of those for myself. :goodvibes Ahhh, Soarin. :love:

We skipped Living with the Land on our last trip. Demetri's favorite vegetable is the bell pepper... he'd get a kick out of seeing them in trees. :rotfl: Oh and the sharks too! :laughing:

I've never eaten in Sunshine Seasons. What's the best thing there?

Hmmmmm, where you went next. :scratchin Well, you came from the left, so I'd say you went right to..... Figment?

:laughing: I know him more as Kronk too. Emperor's New Groove is pretty funny and Kronk's New Groove is cute too. Squeak, squeaker squeakin'!

What a nice picture inside The Land building. I'll have to remember to take one of those for myself. :goodvibes Ahhh, Soarin. :love:

We skipped Living with the Land on our last trip. Demetri's favorite vegetable is the bell pepper... he'd get a kick out of seeing them in trees. :rotfl: Oh and the sharks too! :laughing:

I've never eaten in Sunshine Seasons. What's the best thing there?

Hmmmmm, where you went next. :scratchin Well, you came from the left, so I'd say you went right to..... Figment?

Huh? I guess we'll have to get around to watching that movie.....it sounds cute!:goodvibes

Yeah...the boys really like Living with the Land. I was actually surprised how much they liked it.:rolleyes1

So far, my favorite at SS is the sweet and sour chicken w/ noodles and veggies. Last year I tried the rotisserie chicken and although the mashed potatoes were yummy...I thought the chicken was just blah...not really any flavor?:confused3 But, they also have sandwiches and salads that I've heard really good things about....and of course you can't beat the dessert counter...yum!;)

Ahhh....good guess on Figment!!:thumbsup2 You know us well.....:rotfl:

Two great updates!! When we rode Nemo, there was a clamobile next to us and the two riders were taking a million flash photos! It really took away from the ride for me... It looks like you were flash-free! :thumbsup2

The character connection looks like a lot of fun - unfortunately we didn't make it, again...

That's funny about the little boy reading the names on Soarin' - my boys were doing that too! Alex is an excellent reader and the names came out funny from him too. Zach's were WAY off!

Glad to hear the GAD FPs worked out well for you!

Hi Angie! I'm home from a FABULOUS trip and now I'm all caught up on your fabulous trip!

Love all the updates....Epcot is my FAVORITE park! Although I believe we made the right choice going to MK for our one day trip, I missed Epcot and the F&G festival. :sad2: If only we had another day........:rolleyes:

Funny about Patrick Warburton....my boys refer to him as Kronk! LOL! We're such Disney freaks! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more and find out what you did next! popcorn::

:lmao: "It looks like I'm wearing a skirt." That is great.

Interesting how the GAD fastpasses worked. I guess I thought they would be like the dream fastpasses they gave away for YOAMD though who knows why I thought that. :rolleyes:

Whenever we see Soarin my dad and sister always think of the show 8 Simple Rules that I guess Patrick Warburton was in.

Two great updates!! When we rode Nemo, there was a clamobile next to us and the two riders were taking a million flash photos! It really took away from the ride for me... It looks like you were flash-free! :thumbsup2

The character connection looks like a lot of fun - unfortunately we didn't make it, again...

That's funny about the little boy reading the names on Soarin' - my boys were doing that too! Alex is an excellent reader and the names came out funny from him too. Zach's were WAY off!

Glad to hear the GAD FPs worked out well for you!

Thanks Amy!:goodvibes I know...that has happened to us before on the dark rides and it really does take away from the ride....so no flash here!:thumbsup2

It was so cute to listen to the little boy trying to make out some of the names on Soarin'. My boys didn't even try.:confused3 I think we were all just having too much fun listening to the people next to us.:laughing:

Hi Angie! I'm home from a FABULOUS trip and now I'm all caught up on your fabulous trip!

Love all the updates....Epcot is my FAVORITE park! Although I believe we made the right choice going to MK for our one day trip, I missed Epcot and the F&G festival. :sad2: If only we had another day........:rolleyes:

Funny about Patrick Warburton....my boys refer to him as Kronk! LOL! We're such Disney freaks! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more and find out what you did next! popcorn::

Hi Missy!!:goodvibes YAY! I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip!! I've really enjoyed looking at your pictures on FB...they're great!:thumbsup2

We always have so much fun in Epcot! I'm happy to say...we even got to spend more time in the WS this year...something we have been wanting to do for the last 2 years!

I think you made the right choice with MK too!:goodvibes I will admit my first impulse would have been Epcot but after thinking about it...I definitely agree that MK is Disney! It wouldn't be the same if we couldn't visit MK!!:cloud9: Which by the way...I can't wait until you start your TR...I'm so excited to hear all about your trip!!!
:lmao: "It looks like I'm wearing a skirt." That is great.

Interesting how the GAD fastpasses worked. I guess I thought they would be like the dream fastpasses they gave away for YOAMD though who knows why I thought that. :rolleyes:

Whenever we see Soarin my dad and sister always think of the show 8 Simple Rules that I guess Patrick Warburton was in.

Hi Sarah!:goodvibes

Nick is too funny! He's always coming out with stuff like that!:laughing: Hmm...I guess Patrick Warburton has been in many things...much more than we knew about. :confused3 Ahhh....he'll still always be the guy from Soarin' to us!;)

What a great day at Epcot - and its only lunchtime!

I got waaay behind - our church put on a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat last night that Ella, Jean and myself were all in so rehearsals have kept us busy the last couple of weeks.

I love the pics of the topiaries, especially the fairies :thumbsup2

Glad to know the line moves pretty quickly at the character spot - we skipped that last year as we were seeing almost everyone at character meals but we got home and realized that we never met Minnie:sad2:

It is kind of strange that Livng with the Land is one of your GAD fastpass options - both times we rode it last year the wait was under 10 minutes. I remember worrying that the girls would be bored with it but they enjoyed it so much that they were excited to go on it again later in the week!

Too bad about row 3 on Soarin', better luck next time :) I do love that ride :lovestruc

Looking forward to the rest of your Epcot adventure :goodvibes

What a great day at Epcot - and its only lunchtime!

I got waaay behind - our church put on a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat last night that Ella, Jean and myself were all in so rehearsals have kept us busy the last couple of weeks.

I love the pics of the topiaries, especially the fairies :thumbsup2

Glad to know the line moves pretty quickly at the character spot - we skipped that last year as we were seeing almost everyone at character meals but we got home and realized that we never met Minnie:sad2:

It is kind of strange that Livng with the Land is one of your GAD fastpass options - both times we rode it last year the wait was under 10 minutes. I remember worrying that the girls would be bored with it but they enjoyed it so much that they were excited to go on it again later in the week!

Too bad about row 3 on Soarin', better luck next time :) I do love that ride :lovestruc

Looking forward to the rest of your Epcot adventure :goodvibes

Hi Lara!:goodvibes

How fun to be in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat!!! I'm sure your girls had a great time!:)

I thought the fairy topiaries were adorable! They were definitely my favorite!:thumbsup2

Love Soarin'!!:lovestruc It's so funny, I think we have rode Soarin' 4 times now and every time we have ended up in row 3. Hmm.....:confused:

We've always done a lot of character meals too, so that is why we usually skip the Character spot every trip. But I had seen some really cute pictures in other TR's and knew I wanted to try it! Ahh...that's too bad that you didn't get to meet Minnie.:sad2:The boys only request this trip was to get Chip and Dale's autograph and we still didn't get it....oh well I guess it gives us a great excuse to want to go back..right?;)

April 13, 2010--Epcot

When I left off, we had just used our GAD fastpasses for the very first time, rode Soarin', took a boat ride through Living with the Land, and finished off with a yummy lunch at Sunshine Seasons. We had just walked back out into the bright sunlight and warm air and down....down...down the hill we went until we came to the very end. We looked left, then we looked right....where did we go next????

Well...Mickey_Mom knew! (good guess by the way...then again we are pretty predictable huh?:rotfl:) Off we went in search of a little purple dragon to teach us about our 5 senses. When we finally arrived, we were very surprised to see an actual wait. Every other time we have ever rode this ride it was a walk on.:confused3 Oh well...we had a nice conversation with an older couple in line behind us. They talked to the boys about Disney and wondered how they were enjoying their Spring Break. It ended up making time pass very quickly and soon we were ready to take our journey.:thumbsup2 I will mention that this is NOT one of Nick's favorite rides....now he will ride it but he would be fine if we just skipped it. It's always the same as we are walking in.....

"Do we have to go on this?"
"Umm...Yes."

Now, I don't usually force him to ride anything he doesn't want to...but this is ride that the rest of us enjoy and if he sat out than one of us would also have to. Besides, I keep reminding him that there are a few rides his dad and I ride for him that we would also prefer to skip...lets see...Mad Tea Party comes to mind.:sick::rolleyes1

So anyways, after the rest of us enjoyed the Journey into our Imagination with Figment. We decided to check out the Kodak "What if" Labs. The boys love this....
100_2784-1.jpg

After Figment, we realized that we still hadn't hit one of our favorite places in Epcot....Club Cool! The boys love trying all the different sodas and it's so funny because as many times as they have tried the Beverly they still have this need to try again.:confused3 I guess they must forget how awful it really tastes and they convince themselves... "Ahh...it can't be that bad!" Well they are wrong and I have a picture to prove it!
100_2785-1.jpg

Look quick! This picture may disappear once Nick finds out I posted it!:rotfl: He was mad that I took his picture and then didn't even try it myself...um no thanks...been there, done that! I'll stick to my veggie and watermelon one!:thumbsup2

So, after Club Cool we decided it was probably time to head back to the resort for a rest. But before we headed out, we decided to check out MouseGears. A picture on the way over.....

100_2787-1.jpg

Honestly, one of the main reasons we stopped here is because Nick had seen the wall of candy on the Disney Planning DVD. He wanted a small bag of candy to be his first souvenir purchase...I know...candy?:rolleyes: But...it was his money and we were at Disney. I did tell him it would be a small bag though. He had fun looking through all the different kinds...and I will admit for a kid to see so many candy selections in front of them to choose from...must have been pretty thrilling. Even though the buttered popcorn jelly beans were pretty yummy...I'm not sure I would pay $12 a pound for candy.:eek: (oh...and no he didn't get a whole pound!;))

I looked around a bit but didn't find anything I couldn't get at the resort but the boys did! Nick picked up a Club Penguin book and a Club Penguin stuffed animal. Noah got the Theme Park figurines and he also got Baby Simba, which he was very conflicted about. He saw it last August and really wanted it but didn't like the leaf blanket with the butterfly. (he thought it looked too girly.:rolleyes1) This time...he kept going back to it but I could tell that butterfly was stopping him from picking it up. But after I showed him we could remove the blanket and that way he could just have Simba...he was very happy and as you can tell he did come home with us after all.....
100_3522-1.jpg

So purchases in hand, we headed out to our long walk to the bus stop and I do mean long since it seemed like we stopped every 2 feet to rest on a bench. Obviously, our late night and early morning was finally catching up with the boys.We were very happy when we made it on the bus and relaxed as we made our way back to the resort.
A quick pic on the way by---
100_2788.jpg

We dragged ourselves back up to our room and I snapped a few more pics--

100_2789.jpg

100_2790.jpg

100_2792.jpg

Since this was our 4th time staying at Pop Century, I didn't get as many pictures as I usually do. I would look at something and think..."Hmm...I've already got a picture of that...and two pictures of that." Sadly, we didnt' even get a chance to walk around the resort this time. So for any of you that would like to see some Pop Century pics and haven't read my last couple TR's here are the links to those pictures (including the ones from our scavenger hunt last year...that was sooooo much fun!!)

Pop Century Pics--2009--1
Pop Century Pics--2009--2
Pop Century Pics--2009--3

Once we were back in our room, the boys were very excited to go swimming in the bowling pin pool. DH wanted to take a nap and had no interest in taking a swim. So, I gave the boys their Phineas and Ferb swimming trunks and I got into my swimsuit and off we went to get cooled off. Little did we know....it had started to cool down outside as the wind had picked up. Let's just say it made getting into the water a bit of a challenge...brrrr...The only way to stay warm was to bob along the water with just your head peaking out. The boys had a great time...swimming and splashing. I kept hollering over to ask them if they were cold. After about 45 minutes or so, we decided to head back to the room and boy did it seem like a very long cold walk. DH was just waking up and the boys decided to lay down on the bed to relax for awhile and that is when we discovered Noah had a small blister. Oh no! We were supposed to head back to the WS that night.....and all that walking we had planned to do.:sad2: What would we do now?

To be continued.........

I had to laugh about ya'll saying "hey that's the guy from Soarin'". I do that all the time when I see Kramer since he makes an appearance in the Universe of Energy film.

I love love love Living with the Land. I could do just like you and snap a picture of every plant in the place. You should look into doing the Behind the Seeds tour. It's really cheap (compared to other other tours) and it's a great way to get a close-up look at the plants and fish.

I can't believe Figment had a line! It must have been busy. LOL that your boys try the Beverly every trip. I can't get my boys to try it at all. I can also relate to the whole butterfly on Simba looking too girly. Boys are funny that way:rolleyes: And that walk back to the buses at Epcot is a long one even if you aren't tired. I'll be interested to see what you do for the evening.

Oh yes....I've done that chilly walk back to the room after a dip in the pool! for us it was usually in the evening after a long day at the parks. My boys love the night swim....for me it's a tad cold!

Club Cool is one of our favorites as well....Beverly faces never get old! :rotfl:

haha, great Beverly picture.

Cute souvenirs too. I've heard of Club Penguin but what exactly is it?

Oh no about the blister!!!! I hope you have some good bandaids and some Body Glide so you can head back out to WS!!!

So glad other people think of Kronk too when they watch Soarin :thumbsup2

Oh, I hope the blister didn't bum him out too much and you were able to get WS Angie! Great pics too!! We never got to Club Cool this time, Gabe still doesn't like pop so I don't think he would be that interested yet...I was hoping to "trick" DH into the Beverly though....I have to remember for next time!!! Sunshine Seasons is also one of our favorite places to eat, there is so much there that looks sooooooooo good!!! Glad to know how smoothly the GAD passes worked for you!!!! Excited to hear about your WS evening!!!!!!!popcorn::

Yay, Figment! We've never done this before. On the list! :thumbsup2

I'm disappointed we missed Club Cool. Nick's picture is a hoot! :crazy2:

I love buttered popcorn and I LOVE jelly beans... but together? They're yummy? Man, my gotta-do list is getting bigger and bigger! What are the theme park figurines?

Baby Simba! Wonderful choice Noah! (Geez, is that what he's supposed to look like? :laughing:) Love the Club Penguin guy rocking out too.

Noah looks so tired lying on the bed. Oh I have a chill now thinking about your walk back from swimming ... brrrrr.

Oh nuts, a blister? :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter