So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

What a great update! It sounds like the crowds aren't bad at all and everyone is having so much fun! I definitely need to try BTMRR at night!

Glad you were able to do soo much on your first night at MK.

BTW - I love that Perry the platypus t-shirt - Devin choose that to wear that same shirt today to his pre-k screening - it's his favorite.

You got some beautiful pictures of the train station. :goodvibes And you guys all look so happy to be there (which I know you were!). Can't wait for more!

I love reading your trip report. We just got back from WDW and POP in early April so your pictures are bringing back great memories and wishes for planning another trip soon :cool1:

Looking forward to the next update popcorn::

Welcome!!:goodvibes and thanks!! We love staying at Pop as you could probably tell from my siggy.;) Oh...I know! I miss it already!! We're wishing for another trip here....and soon!

LOVE IT! I can't wait to see your pics later today but couldn't wait to comment in the meantime. MK at night! :yay:

I can't remember if I told you this already, but the first time we ever rode BTMRR was at night. We were whipped around, slowing down and speeding up, it felt like the ride would never end and we were laughing our butts off the entire time. The kids immediately rode it again with George because he'd stayed behind with Demetri who at the time was only one and a half, too small to ride. Soooo much fun!

The next day (our first trip we went to MK back to back days) we caught up with friends that had visited the same time as us and we told them they absolutely had to ride BTMRR. But it was during the day and when we all got off they said it was good but they didn't know why we'd raved about it so much. :confused: It is waaaaay better at night!

The no plans, whatever strikes you in the moment plan is sounding great so far! :woohoo:

BTTMR did seem much longer at night.:confused3 We noticed it too. Ahhh... It was such a fun ride.... and we laughed so hard!:rotfl: Honestly, I think the boys would have been happy if we had just spent the whole night riding it over and over. ;)

Yeah...I kind of liked the whole no planning thing that night.:thumbsup2

Woo-Hoo! An evening at MK...there's nothing better!!

The pics of Main Street all lit up are AMAZING! :thumbsup2

"Do you want to ride It's a Small World?"....is that a TRICK question! :lmao:

Too funny Missy!!:rotfl:

I love Magic Kingdom at night!!:cloud9: I couldn't imagine not seeing it!:sad2: I'm so glad we were able to fit it in!!:thumbsup2
Hi Angie :wave2: I'm joining your TR, great start! Looking forward to the rest!

Hi!! Thanks!:goodvibes I'm so happy you joined in!!

Great update!:thumbsup2 I love MK at night. Everything is so beautiful!

Thanks!:goodvibes I couldn't agree more!! MK at night is the best!:thumbsup2

What a great update! It sounds like the crowds aren't bad at all and everyone is having so much fun! I definitely need to try BTMRR at night!

We were having a great time!!:goodvibes You definitely need to try BTMRR at night!! It's so much fun!

Glad you were able to do soo much on your first night at MK.

BTW - I love that Perry the platypus t-shirt - Devin choose that to wear that same shirt today to his pre-k screening - it's his favorite.

I was surprised how much we were able to do in such a little amount of time!!

Oh and isn't that a cute shirt? Noah just had to have it! Phineas and Ferb is one of his very favorite shows!!:)

Hi, I am loving your trip report! ready for more.

Hi!!:goodvibes Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! It was a great trip!:thumbsup2

You got some beautiful pictures of the train station. :goodvibes And you guys all look so happy to be there (which I know you were!). Can't wait for more!

I was so happy that those pictures turned out as good as they did! I always have a hard time finding just the right setting on my camera especially at night. It's pretty funny...I've only had the camera for over a year, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now!:rolleyes:

Ahh...we were so happy to be there!:goodvibes

what a great arrival day! Except for the airport parking but I imagine those carousel lights made that memory pretty dim.

BTMRR in the dark is the BEST!

In fact, last trip, we didn't ride it during the day once

:goodvibes

what a great arrival day! Except for the airport parking but I imagine those carousel lights made that memory pretty dim.

BTMRR in the dark is the BEST!

In fact, last trip, we didn't ride it during the day once

:goodvibes

It was a great arrival and you're right once we stepped through the MK gates everything was forgotten. We were just so happy to be there!:goodvibes

Hi Everyone!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!:goodvibes I'm hoping to get another update posted tomorrow or Tuesday but in the meantime I just had to share what I ordered yesterday from the Disney Store!! I'm so excited!;)

I was supposed to pick it up when we were on vacation but for some reason or another, I could never find it.....when I remembered to look for it.:rolleyes1

400128246487.jpg

(pictures from Disney Store website)

I can't wait to get it!! It looks like it has so many great songs!! Including the music from Soarin'!! (for some reason I just love that music!:lovestruc)

Oh...and I picked this up as well....I couldn't resist it was only $10!

400170199007.jpg

So cute!!

Hopefully, at some point I will get around to sharing what I actually did bring home for souvenirs.:goodvibes

Have a great day!!!:thumbsup2

What a fun evening at MK :thumbsup2 Obviously heading there was the right decision ;) Magic Kingdom is definitely even more magical at night! BTMRR in the dark sounds like a blast...duly noted on the next time list :)

:cheer2: for ordering the CD - you'll have to give us a review once you've listened to it!

I love the Soarin music too! :goodvibes Yay for buying the CD. I hope you do post your souvenirs, I always like to see what people got (I am addicted to shopping in WDW...:rolleyes1).

What a fun evening at MK :thumbsup2 Obviously heading there was the right decision ;) Magic Kingdom is definitely even more magical at night! BTMRR in the dark sounds like a blast...duly noted on the next time list :)

:cheer2: for ordering the CD - you'll have to give us a review once you've listened to it!

Yes! Definitely the right decision to head to MK that night!:goodvibes You'll have to try BTMRR in the dark! I'm sure your girls would love it!!:thumbsup2

Thanks!! I'm so excited to get the CD (and the blanket;)) Hopefully they will be here sometime this week!
I love the Soarin music too! :goodvibes Yay for buying the CD. I hope you do post your souvenirs, I always like to see what people got (I am addicted to shopping in WDW...:rolleyes1).

Oh...I know! I love to shop in WDW!!:thumbsup2 I'll be sure to post my souvenirs! :goodvibes

You are not my first DISfriend to mention that CD and every time I think that I should try to find it! This time I'll make it a point to look for it! If you can't be at WDW I suppose it's the next best thing! :goodvibes

You are not my first DISfriend to mention that CD and every time I think that I should try to find it! This time I'll make it a point to look for it! If you can't be at WDW I suppose it's the next best thing! :goodvibes

I've seen the CD mentioned on a few PTR/TR's.....which is what made me decide to look for it. I kind of wish I would have found it at Disney though...could have saved on the shipping!:rolleyes1 Oh well! I'm just happy it's on it's way!:goodvibes

I almost bought that CD in the Orlando airport on the way home. There was quite a selection of CDs to choose from... Spectro Magic, Wishes, and more I can't remember right now. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I went with none of them. :rolleyes::rotfl:

Well gosh darn it! Somehow my subscription to your thread was unsubscribed. What the heck? I was actually wondering why you hadn't updated and that I should come over and look around just to make sure I hadn't missed antything. Thank goodness I did!

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep before a trip. Every time I know that I just HAVE to wake up on time for something, I wake up every hour. At least you woke up early and not late. That would have been scary!

Too bad that the lady in front of you stood up before you could snap a picture of the Walt Disney World archway. That's one beautiful sight!

I don't blame ya'll one little bit for heading out to the Magic Kingdom. It's so very hard for me to not hit a park or something as soon as we get to Disney World. If I had my way, we'd drop our bags and go straight to a park.

I can't believe that the wait for Big Thunder Mountain was only 10 minutes. How great was that? You know, I've never ridden BTM at night time. I need to put that on our list.

Fantastic start to your vacation!

Wait, wait, I almost forgot to say very cool purchases.

I almost bought that CD in the Orlando airport on the way home. There was quite a selection of CDs to choose from... Spectro Magic, Wishes, and more I can't remember right now. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I went with none of them. :rolleyes::rotfl:

Huh? I must have missed the CD's when we stopped to check out the Disney store in the airport.:confused3 I did see the Wishes one at Pop and I almost bought it but changed my mind at the last minute. There are so many good ones...it was so hard to decide which one to buy.;)

Well gosh darn it! Somehow my subscription to your thread was unsubscribed. What the heck? I was actually wondering why you hadn't updated and that I should come over and look around just to make sure I hadn't missed antything. Thank goodness I did!

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep before a trip. Every time I know that I just HAVE to wake up on time for something, I wake up every hour. At least you woke up early and not late. That would have been scary!

Too bad that the lady in front of you stood up before you could snap a picture of the Walt Disney World archway. That's one beautiful sight!

I don't blame ya'll one little bit for heading out to the Magic Kingdom. It's so very hard for me to not hit a park or something as soon as we get to Disney World. If I had my way, we'd drop our bags and go straight to a park.

I can't believe that the wait for Big Thunder Mountain was only 10 minutes. How great was that? You know, I've never ridden BTM at night time. I need to put that on our list.

Fantastic start to your vacation!

Wait, wait, I almost forgot to say very cool purchases.

Hi Lisa!!:goodvibes

Oh..I am the same way. I always have a hard time falling asleep when I know I have to get up early in the morning. I'm so worried I'm going to be late! That was one of the reasons I booked a later flight this time, so I wouldn't have to worry about that.....and I still didn't sleep.:rolleyes:

I was sad that I wasn't able to get a picture of the sign.This was my fourth time trying.:sad2:Oh well, there's always next time!:thumbsup2

I'm so happy we decided to head to Magic Kingdom for the night! Usually we are always trying to find a spot for the parade or Wishes, so it was nice to be able to explore the park during this time and the wait times were great, so that was a bonus!!:)

I'm so excited about the purchases! The were sent out UPS yesterday, so I should be getting them very soon!:yay:

April 12, 2010--Arrival Day continues at the Magic Kingdom!!

When I left off, Nick had just noticed that we could now use our fastpasses for BTMRR. We had originally decided to wait until later but since we didn't have any specific plans, we decided to go for it. After all wasn't this night supposed to be about "just being in the moment". Besides, the boys were so excited to ride again and even though it meant we would have to backtrack....how could I say no?;)

We did however have two choices. We could continue through Fantasyland over to Toontown to take the train over to Frontierland. That would have probably been the better option during the daytime. But, I had read that they stopped running the train during the parades/fireworks and since it was now 9:00pm, we figured our best option at that point was to head back the way we came. Which ended up being a great idea anyway because we were able to see everything all lit up and so pretty along the water again.

It wasn't long before we were back in front of BTMRR. After looking at the stand-by time, which I think still read around 10-15 minutes, we realized we didn't really need to use our fastpasses. But, we decided to go ahead and do it anyway and soon we were on our way to our train, giggling in anticipation. Again, the ride was so much fun!! Honestly though,if it hadn't been for the fact we heard and saw the SpectroMagic parade off in the distance, I'm sure the boys would have begged to ride again.

Once the boys saw the parade, we knew where we were heading next.:thumbsup2 So, back on the foot bridge we went over to get a closer view. I managed to get a few pictures, but we mostly just stood and watched awhile. It was just as beautiful as the last time we saw it! But, with less crowds!!:yay: (since we were packed on Main Street last time....you may remember this from my last April TR:rolleyes1)

Anyways, here are a few pictures I got of the SpectroMagic Parade from Frontierland---

100e3366-1.jpg

100e3367-1.jpg

100_2675.jpg

100_2676.jpg

We didn't end up sticking around for the entire parade, but did end up seeing a little more of it as we made our way back over to Fantasyland. We decided to skip Peter Pan for the night. We knew we would be coming back later in the week and it still had about a 40 minute wait time. We tried to talk Nick into Snow White that night but you may remember some of my alternate titles? "Nothing with Scary, Terror, or Haunted in the title!!":rolleyes: Okay...point taken...let's move on.

But, how can we walk by Winnie the Pooh? We love Pooh and Friends!! (or at least I do!!) Only a 5 minute wait too!! It was time to say hello to a couple of our hundred acre friends!! I snapped a few pictures of one of our very favorites...Tigger!:tigger:

100_0788-1.jpg

100_0788-3.jpg

A great ride as usual!! It's such a classic and one we always try to ride at least once when we're there.

At this point, it was around 9:45pm, maybe later and the boys had one last request before we left the park....any guesses?

Ahh...I won't keep you in suspense like last time! It was Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin of course! Away we went to Tomorrowland! I wish I would have taken more pictures at this point but we were on a mission!! When we arrived, we looked up and stopped in our tracks....a 25 minute wait? Huh? Wishes was just about start and the park was getting ready to close? We were confused and we almost left and headed toward Main Street but took a chance, figuring that the time must be wrong. Sure enough it was a walk on! I took a quick picture of Buzz before we made our way in--
100_1591.jpg

I think I take this exact picture every time we ride this ride!:rotfl: The boys decided to ride together which they loved! I don't know what happened that night but I had obviously forgotten everything I had learned about getting a high score last year...because I did not do so well and sadly I couldn't even hide it from DH because he was sitting right next to me.:rolleyes1 Of course, he did great...I think he got around 700,000 or so:rolleyes: After recovering from my horrible score which I won't share but mostly because I can't remember it anyway.:rotfl: We stopped for this picture--

100_2683.jpg

As we walked out of Buzz, we heard the music for Wishes starting, so we quickly headed toward Main Street.

Then the most magical, wonderful thing happened!!pixiedust: Just as we were walking across the Tomorrowland bridge, we looked up to see Tinkerbell flying over our heads. I was so excited!! It was the very first time we had ever seen her during Wishes. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture because...well it came as such surprise. Ahh...such a great memory from the trip!!:cloud9:

Since we had such an early morning the next day. We decided to try and make our way out. DH did not want to fight the crowds after Wishes, and then spend an hour waiting for the buses like we did last trip. We had a long day and the boys were starting to show how tired they were. We did manage to stop for a bit around the hub and watch for a few minutes and I took a couple pictures.

100e3375-2.jpg

100e3373-1.jpg

Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to Magic Kingdom for the night as we headed off toward the buses, with many others who were trying to avoid the mad dash out of the park as well. Another picture on the way out.

100e3376-1.jpg

Since, we were already out of the park at this point. We stood there for a few moments so we could watch the very end. It was amazing! Even though we didn't get to see the entire show in front of the castle, it was still so beautiful watching the sky light up over the train station. A perfect end to a perfect evening!:lovestruc

What was even better? There was a Pop Century bus waiting for us when we got to the bus stop!:woohoo: Before, we knew it we were back at Pop grabbing our refillable mugs, and a few snacks on our way to bed to get ready for the next morning, EMH at Epcot!!

But the question is.....after such a late night......did we wake up in time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter