So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

I know ev'ry mile, will be worth my while.
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong.

April 12, 2010-Arrival Day!!

I rolled over and looked at the clock. The time read 1:00am, only 10 minutes had passed since the last time I had looked. I had to face facts, there was no way I was going to fall asleep, after all we were leaving for Disney in less than 6 hours. I was just too excited to sleep!! After tossing and turning for what seemed like another couple of hours I must have finally dozed off for a while because the next thing I knew DH was telling me that he was heading downstairs to make some coffee. It was 5:00am. Apparently, he was having trouble sleeping too.:rolleyes1

About 10 minutes later, I decided to head downstairs to join him. He asked me, Did you sleep? Ha! I just laughed at him!The suitcases were by the door just as I left them the night before after I had finished doing some last minute packing. I had left my packing list on the counter and had wanted to do a quick check before he loaded them into the car. It wasn't long before the boys joined us, stuffed animals in hand. If you happened to read my last TR, you might remember they had gotten a little carried away with the amount of stuffed animals they wanted to bring to Disney with them. Ahh...Mommy, how can I leave so and so behind? UGH! and then with the additional ones they purchased during the trip. It took a whole carry on bag to bring them home. This time we set a limit. They could only bring 2 with them. They accepted that. I'm not sure if they liked it though.:rolleyes:

I was finally able to get them calmed down enough to eat some breakfast. They were literally bouncing around the house they were so excited. They had pulled off the very last countdown chain. I was finally able to usher them in the living room, hoping a little Zach and Cody would keep them busy while I tried to do some last minute stuff. I checked my lists, ran around the house making sure everything was unplugged and filled Milo's dish with plenty of food. (oh...our cat, my brother was going to be watching him while we were gone.) Everything was done. DH had brought the suitcases to the car, of course the boys realizing what was going on, quickly joined him and off we went.
Someone was excited to leave!!
100_2603.jpg

Our plan was to arrive in Syracuse around 10:30 am. We were hoping to stop and have an early lunch and then head over to the airport around 12:30pm. Our flight was for 2:25pm. We ended up arriving a little earlier than planned so we decided to stop off at the mall. We weren't going to buy anything. We wanted to save all our money for Disney.:thumbsup2 But, we thought it would give us something to do while we waited for TGIFriday's to open up.(the boys picked it) Unfortunately, when 11:00am rolled around the doors were still locked...so we waited...and waited. Finally, about 11:15am we decided to head to the food court instead to grab something quick. We knew it was going to take another half hour to get to the airport, since we wanted leave by noon, this seemed like the best option. A few burgers and fries later we were on our way. We were making good time...early in fact. Until...we got to the dreaded parking garage. We must have went around and around 50 times trying to find a parking spot. We eventually ended up on the top level, not what we wanted but...oh well. We were here!! We grabbed our bags, got our boarding passes, went through security. One thing we did notice was that although parking was a nightmare. The airport was much quieter in the afternoon, compared to all the other times that we have left in the morning.
Waiting for Departure--
100_2607.jpg

It was finally time to board the plane!!! We flew Jet Blue again! you can't beat the snacks and TV's.:thumbsup2
Some more pics on the plane. Sorry, they are blurry, I had shut my flash off.
100_2609.jpg

100_2611.jpg

Before we knew it, we had arrived at Orlando International Airport!! We headed for the shuttle and held on tight. On the shuttle, a lady standing next to us must have noticed our very cool Disney luggage tags;), and asked us if we knew where the DME counter was and if she could follow us because this was her first time. Of course, we said yes! We finally arrived and proceeded to make our way to the line for Pop Century. Again, it was much less crowded in the afternoon!! YAY!! We were at the very front of the line!
100_2618.jpg

Hmm....which bus will be ours?
100_2619.jpg

Unfortunately, they started leading us toward a Mears bus and our hearts sank. We thought...oh no, we aren't going to be able to watch the video! One of our favorite things about DME. But, we soon realized as we stepped a board that they did have the TV's. YAY! If you remember from my PTR, I really wanted to get a picture of the Walt Disney World sign!! But...the boys had other ideas of course because they wanted to sit directly behind one of the TV's. We ended up sitting a few rows back, but I figured I could work with it. I would lean into the aisle if I had to.:laughing: So we're going...and going... Finally it's time! I get my camera all ready! I lean to my left...someone is leaning over talking to someone in the seat across from them blocking my view.:headache:. I lean to my right, thinking I can try and sneak a picture in between the people sitting in front of us. I got it into view...I'm just about to snap and the lady stands up a little and completely blocks my view.:sad2: So...of course I missed the sign again.:rolleyes: But, at least I was able to snap a few pictures on the bus.....
100_2620.jpg

100_2621.jpg

100_2623.jpg

We sat back relaxed, enjoyed the video and soon we were seeing this.
100_2625.jpg

And this...
100_2626.jpg

We're finally here!! Hello Pop Century!! It's good to be back!!:woohoo:

Since I did online check in before we left, we went right up to the counter to get our information and room number. They had everything ready. They had assigned us a room in the 50's section, which was exactly as I requested. We didn't end up with a refurbished room but I was happy that we had gotten our request.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the room at this point. It was already 7:00pm and we were all starving! We hadn't eaten anything since lunch...well except for a snack on the plane. We dropped our bags and headed for the food court.
100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

Nick had pasta, Noah had Pizza, DH had the Chicken Alfredo and I ended up having the meatball sub. (kind of tradition...I always get it on our first day.:confused3) It was huge as usual so I ended up sharing with Nick and DH. Once our bellies were full, it was now time to decide what we wanted to do next. If you remember from my PTR, we had been able to add an extra days ticket for only $6 in case we wanted to do something when arrived.

But......it was already 7:30pm. We had a long day of travel...barely any sleep the night before, a 3 hour drive to the airport, 2 hour wait in the airport, and then an almost 3 hour plane ride. Did we skip it like we did last August and head to bed early to get up for Epcot EMH the next morning?

or

Did we head to the Magic Kingdom for the night? Hmmm....any guesses??;)

Departure day is so EXCITING!! I can never sleep the night before either. ;)

Yay for DME going so smoothly....Boo for missing the sign again. Stink! :mad:

I am guessing the boys were so excited that you caught a second wind and went to the MK. Do tell! popcorn::

I love the departure day! No matter how early or stressed you are, just knowing that in a few hours you will be at Walt Disney World make up for everything. I find for myself, as well, it is quite difficult to fall asleep the night before. Either i'm giggling with excitement or panicking that I don't have anything. Usually I care if I miss some sleep, but when I miss sleep because of Disney everything is fine.

Very nice pictures by the way!!! I bet you guys went to the Magic Kingdom. That is my final answer.

Great travel day! Sorry about the sign, but you were still inside the World! I guess you can't resist that Magic Kingdom call:goodvibes

Grrr I can't see your pictures! :headache: Fabulous start, but I'm going to save more comments until I get home and can do it proper! :goodvibes

But......it was already 7:30pm. We had a long day of travel...barely any sleep the night before, a 3 hour drive to the airport, 2 hour wait in the airport, and then an almost 3 hour plane ride. Did we skip it like we did last August and head to bed early to get up for Epcot EMH the next morning?

or

Did we head to the Magic Kingdom for the night? Hmmm....any guesses??;)

What makes the most sense not always makes the most sense while in Disney - lol!!!

Great start! So glad everything went smoothly from the plane ride right through to check-in :thumbsup2

I also couldn't sleep the night before, in fact I don't think I slept very much the first night at Disney either!

I'm going with the majority and guessing that you headed to MK :)

Yay, it's started! :banana:

It is kind of depressing though reading about your arrival when it was our departure day. Ohhhh well, still loved it. Getting to the ME area is always so exciting!

:laughing: Your attempt at the welcome sign picture sounds exactly like mine last summer. I'm halfway down the bus but my handy zoom will still be OK getting it...

lean to the left, good...

whoops! bump throws off my focus but I quickly get it back alright...

ok, steady...

now! do it now!

aaaaaand cue lady leaning into the aisle to take her picture. :rotfl:

I'm guessing you totally went to MK!

Departure day is so EXCITING!! I can never sleep the night before either. ;)

Yay for DME going so smoothly....Boo for missing the sign again. Stink! :mad:

I am guessing the boys were so excited that you caught a second wind and went to the MK. Do tell! popcorn::

It is so exciting!! It's so funny because one of the reasons I chose a later flight this time was so we could sleep in our own beds. I thought maybe we would get a better sleep and be well rested when we started this trip.Ha! We found out though....it doesn't make a difference. We were still too excited to sleep!

:laughing: You'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out.;)

I love the departure day! No matter how early or stressed you are, just knowing that in a few hours you will be at Walt Disney World make up for everything. I find for myself, as well, it is quite difficult to fall asleep the night before. Either i'm giggling with excitement or panicking that I don't have anything. Usually I care if I miss some sleep, but when I miss sleep because of Disney everything is fine.

Very nice pictures by the way!!! I bet you guys went to the Magic Kingdom. That is my final answer.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures!!:goodvibes I didn't take nearly as much as I had planned to on arrival day.:confused3 I definitely agree about departure day!! I love it!! But, the night before I can never seem to fall asleep!! I keep thinking of all the fun things we are going to do when we get there!!;)

Hmm... another vote for MK? You'll see.:)

Great travel day! Sorry about the sign, but you were still inside the World! I guess you can't resist that Magic Kingdom call:goodvibes

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get a picture of that sign.:rolleyes: Oh well...we were still soooooo happy that we finally arrived!!:thumbsup2

Grrr I can't see your pictures! :headache: Fabulous start, but I'm going to save more comments until I get home and can do it proper! :goodvibes

Ahh...thanks Tracy!!:goodvibes

What makes the most sense not always makes the most sense while in Disney - lol!!!

:laughing: That's so true!!

Great start! So glad everything went smoothly from the plane ride right through to check-in :thumbsup2

I also couldn't sleep the night before, in fact I don't think I slept very much the first night at Disney either!

I'm going with the majority and guessing that you headed to MK :)

Thanks!!:goodvibes Oh..I know. I never seem to sleep our first night in Disney even though I'm always exhausted from traveling.I'm either so overtired or just happy to be there and so excited to start our first official day at the park that I can't relax enough to fall asleep.:confused3

Wow...another guess for MK!:rotfl:

Yay, it's started! :banana:

It is kind of depressing though reading about your arrival when it was our departure day. Ohhhh well, still loved it. Getting to the ME area is always so exciting!

I agree! Getting to ME feels like our vacation has officially begun!:thumbsup2

Subscribing! I bet you headed to the MK!

Welcome!! Thanks for joining in!:goodvibes Hmm....MK? You'll see.;)

:laughing: Your attempt at the welcome sign picture sounds exactly like mine last summer. I'm halfway down the bus but my handy zoom will still be OK getting it...

lean to the left, good...

whoops! bump throws off my focus but I quickly get it back alright...

ok, steady...

now! do it now!

aaaaaand cue lady leaning into the aisle to take her picture. :rotfl:

I'm guessing you totally went to MK!

That's so funny!! Your experience sounds exactly like what happened to me!:rotfl: I thought for sure I was going to get that picture this time. I had the perfect shot and then she stands up.:headache: I guess I never realized that someone else would want to see the sign too.:rolleyes1:laughing:

April 12, 2010--Arrival Day continued.....

When I left off, we had just finished eating. Our bellies were full and it was now time to decide what we were going to do for the night. Now...what made the most sense was to head to our room, relax, watch Stacy, go to bed and get ready for a very early morning the next day.

But.....come on...we were at Walt Disney World and we were ready to have some fun!!!

So, for all of you that guessed the Magic Kingdom....and I think it was all of you.:rotfl: You were correct!! We gathered up our stuff and headed for the bus stop. If you've been to Pop Century, you would know to get from the food court to the bus stop meant passing through the gift shop....oh no! Not a problem usually but since we had limited amount of time to spend in MK, I needed to keep the boys on task, reminding them that there would be plenty of time tomorrow to start spending their souvenir money. As we walked outside we noticed a MK bus just pulling up. YAY! No waiting! This was going better than planned. Hopefully we would be there before 8:00pm.

Once we arrived our plan was to catch the train and head over to Frontierland to ride BTMRR. We had never rode it before after dark and if you remember from my PTR, that was very high on our must-do list! We stepped off the bus....and it wasn't long before we saw this-

100_2630.jpg

The boys were happy to jump in for a couple pictures before we took off for the train.

100_2631.jpg

100_2632.jpg

We ran upstairs, and I was able to grab this quick picture as DH was yelling for me to hurry because the train was going to leave....okay, okay I'm coming....I just have to get this one shot!

100_2633.jpg

I finally made it! Whew! That was a close one! We settled down, and enjoyed our train ride. A picture of Noah...a little blurry. I was still trying to figure out the best setting for my camera that night.

100_2638.jpg

We got off the train and quickly headed over to BTMRR and was happy to see that there was only a 10 minute wait! Wow! I don't think we have ever seen such a short wait for BTMRR...well except for early in the morning. We hopped in line and before we knew it we were climbing aboard a runaway train. WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!It was such a great ride!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. I safely tucked the camera away in my bag. But, I just have to say....if you have never rode BTMRR in the dark....do it!! We loved it sooooo much better!! There was nothing like getting at the very top of the big hill and seeing Cinderella Castle all lit up in the distance.:cloud9:

The boys were begging to go back on the ride as soon as we got off. But, I wanted to see other things as well and after a quick check of the wait time, we decided to grab a fastpass to come back later just before we left the park. We agreed to head over to Fantasyland. Since, we didn't know for sure if we were going to make it to MK. I didn't make a plan.:eek: We were just going to walk, enjoy the atmosphere and ride anything that had a short wait time. A random picture on the way over.......

100_2639.jpg

Ahh....the Liberty Belle....so pretty!!

100_2642.jpg

Of course, the first ride we encountered when stepped into Fantasyland was It's a Small World. We looked at one another...

"Do you want to ride?"
"I don't know? Do you?"
"Of course!!"

I grabbed the boys hands and quickly headed inside. There was no wait, so soon we were climbing in our boat and ready for the ride to begin. Even hearing that song....over and over....and over again couldn't wipe the smile off my face. We were finally here!! I sat back, relaxed and snapped a couple pictures along the way.

100_2645.jpg

100_2647.jpg

100_2653.jpg

100_2657.jpg

100_2658.jpg

After Small World, Noah and I decided to ride the Carousel. If you remember from my last TR, Noah had quite a few little accidents last trip, including one on the Carousel. But...I'm happy to report everything went much more smoothly this year and we had a great ride!!

100_2659.jpg

100_2660-1.jpg

I grabbed a quick picture of the castle as we got off--

100_2661.jpg

And then waited for the boys to try their luck at the sword...
First up was Nick....Come on Nick, you can do it!!!!!

100e3364.jpg

Next was Noah....of course, little brother had to try too!!;)

100e3365.jpg

Hmm....no luck?? Well...they say two is better than one...right?

100_2664.jpg

Oh well...better luck next time!!:rolleyes1

One more of the Carousel on our way by....

100_2665.jpg

The boys were practically running ahead and we reminded them to slow down that we would be there soon!! Where were they so excited to go? Yes, Nick had just noticed that we were now able to use our fastpasses. What about waiting until just before we left.....wasn't that the plan? What I am saying?? There was no plans for this night!:laughing: So...back to BTMRR we went!!!

Next up: Our magical night continues.......

I love reading your trip report. We just got back from WDW and POP in early April so your pictures are bringing back great memories and wishes for planning another trip soon :cool1:

Looking forward to the next update popcorn::

LOVE IT! I can't wait to see your pics later today but couldn't wait to comment in the meantime. MK at night! :yay:

I can't remember if I told you this already, but the first time we ever rode BTMRR was at night. We were whipped around, slowing down and speeding up, it felt like the ride would never end and we were laughing our butts off the entire time. The kids immediately rode it again with George because he'd stayed behind with Demetri who at the time was only one and a half, too small to ride. Soooo much fun!

The next day (our first trip we went to MK back to back days) we caught up with friends that had visited the same time as us and we told them they absolutely had to ride BTMRR. But it was during the day and when we all got off they said it was good but they didn't know why we'd raved about it so much. :confused: It is waaaaay better at night!

The no plans, whatever strikes you in the moment plan is sounding great so far! :woohoo:

Woo-Hoo! An evening at MK...there's nothing better!!

The pics of Main Street all lit up are AMAZING! :thumbsup2

"Do you want to ride It's a Small World?"....is that a TRICK question! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter