So Many ADR's, So Little Time...COMPLETE 7/24!

Congrats on your engagement, that is so exciting! So magical! :)

I have been dyingggg to get to Homecoming. My husband doesn't seem as interested (no clue why) but I finally made an ADR for our next trip & I can't wait. I think I'll have to get what Luke had. Those moonshine cocktails sound amazing!!

First, congrats on the engagement! And I hope you're enjoying Disneyland! I would love to get out to the west coast one day.

Luke went for the waitresses suggestion, and ordered the Bootlegger: Rumshine and dark rum, blackberry jam, house-made grenadine, simple syrup, lime juice, $12
That sounds awesome! I enjoy rum drinks so it looks like something I would enjoy.

I have heard so many good things about Homecoming. Comfort food is really where my heart is, so I think this would be a very good choice for me.

If you'd like to follow along on my Disneyland trip (which I'm currently on), feel free to follow me on Instagram! I'm fallonkendra there as well!

I'll continue with this WDW dining report as soon as I return home next week :)

Have a wonderful amazing awesome fabulous MAGICAL time!!! (Try not to get engaged to anyone else while you're at the "other" Disney okay?)

Great start!! Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks for reading!

Oh my goodness! I have a meal scheduled at Homecoming next month, and I am so looking forward to it now! Those eggs look delicious, that will probably be an appetizer I get! Wow, just wow...it all looks so yummy!

It was probably my favourite meal of the entire trip! I hope you love it as much as I did!

I actually haven't seen them before, so... nice bk review LOL and yes this is totally something I would have for breakfast - I am like you and have to be up for a while before I can eat and usually breakfast type foods do not appeal as much as savory things. Like leftover pizza or mozzarella sticks!

Once again, I'm fairly certain you are my spirit animal.

I think we had this same table on my birthday! Were you like right behind the tee shirt shelf on a half banquette with a chair?

Yes we were!

OH MY NOM. I WANT THIS AGAIN!!!

Same! I can't wait to eat it on my wedding day!

Cause you're a genius duh

Oh, that gravy. And those potatoes. :cloud9:

I want more too!!!

I was actually talking about that cake today to some co-workers...

Off to a great start. If I had a wedding at Disney I think i would marry those mashed potatoes (sorry R)

Hmm, that is a good option. I'm not sure how they would look in a tux though?

Thank you for posting those pics. We will be there in March, and I have been dreaming of eating at Homecoming since my last meal there. Now I have my eye on that watermelon drink.

Enjoy your vacation!

That watermelon drink was amazing. You need to try it next time you're there!

I'm so glad we squeezed it into our plans too!

So worth it!

That's good to hear, I wasn't sure about ordering a drink here because they were all moonshine drinks. Josh also hate watermelon, but I love it!

You need to try one next time! It was boozy, but still fairly sweet.

They were good, but a little strange. The bacon tasted like it was candied so they were a lot sweeter than deviled eggs normally are. I'm not a big fan of just eating eggs, but I do usually enjoy deviled eggs.

I think Luke mentioned that the bacon tasted a little sweet, but he had no complaints about it haha.

It was so good!

Agreed!

I actually really want to try their mac and cheese, I was waaay too full to get it last time. Did you have to ask for gravy? Mine didn't come with any. I probably wouldn't have wanted any, but I ordered the same thing as Luke so I was wondering.

Yeah, we asked for gravy. It was awesome, just a little bit spicy.

The Hummingbird cake sounds good too. We didn't even have room for dessert. :sad2:

I didn't eat very much of my BBQ pork plate, since I knew I wanted dessert haha. I looked at the Hummingbird Cake, but I don't love pineapple.

I used to have this rum cake I loved, and I got it again recently and just :crazy2: So I'm glad to hear it doesn't taste like alcohol. Cake drunk :rotfl:

It had a boozy kick, but was also really sweet if that makes sense? Getting drunk off cake was great haha!

YUM another person making me sad to have missed this place. Your watermelon drink looks DIVINE. I want one. I want everything you guys ordered. I WANT!

You can't miss Homecoming on your next trip! It was so incredible, I can't wait to go back!

Awesome review so far, can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

Congrats on your engagement, that is so exciting! So magical! :)

I have been dyingggg to get to Homecoming. My husband doesn't seem as interested (no clue why) but I finally made an ADR for our next trip & I can't wait. I think I'll have to get what Luke had. Those moonshine cocktails sound amazing!!

Thanks! We haven't even been engaged for a month yet, and I pretty much have everything planned already...

Hope you enjoy Homecoming on your next trip!

Homecoming looks amazing. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

It was amazing!

First, congrats on the engagement! And I hope you're enjoying Disneyland! I would love to get out to the west coast one day.

Thank you!

I highly recommend getting to Disneyland at least once in your life! It's a much more relaxed, go-with-the-flow type of trip than WDW.

That sounds awesome! I enjoy rum drinks so it looks like something I would enjoy.

I have heard so many good things about Homecoming. Comfort food is really where my heart is, so I think this would be a very good choice for me.

Those drinks were fantastic. Homecoming in general blew us away, we loved it!

Have a wonderful amazing awesome fabulous MAGICAL time!!! (Try not to get engaged to anyone else while you're at the "other" Disney okay?)

Haha, I made it back without getting engaged to anyone else :) I kind of like Luke, I think I'll keep him around.

I'm here and looking forward to the rest of the reviews!

Thanks for joining in!

Following along! First of all congrats on your engagement that's so exciting. Homecoming looks delicious. My family loves deviled eggs so we'd be all over those. The fried chicken looks so crispy. I'd either get that or the chicken and donuts.

Following along! Congratulations on the engagement! So exciting! We have added Chef Art's Homecoming to our "must do" for September, and your delectable pictures are even more encouraging.

Following along! First of all congrats on your engagement that's so exciting. Homecoming looks delicious. My family loves deviled eggs so we'd be all over those. The fried chicken looks so crispy. I'd either get that or the chicken and donuts.

Thanks for joining in!

The food was so good...I can't wait to get back!

Following along! Congratulations on the engagement! So exciting! We have added Chef Art's Homecoming to our "must do" for September, and your delectable pictures are even more encouraging.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy Homecoming, it was a huge highlight of our trip!

January 4, 2017 - Olivia's Cafe Breakfast

Once we had secured our stay at Old Key West, we started researching it a bit more, and discovered that Olivia's Cafe was considered a bit of a hidden gem in the Disney dining community. So, obviously we had to check it out! Initially, we had booked this reservation for 8:15am, however once we found out that the Race Expo was opening at noon, not 10am like we had planned, we were able to bump our reservation by an hour to 9:15am - extra sleep!

First of all, OKW is gorgeous! Olivia's is located in the main building, along an open-air hallway with the main lobby directly across from it. How friggin cute is this restaurant?!

We didn't have to wait very long before we were led to our table - a booth that easily could have fit 4 people :) It wasn't super busy, so I didn't even feel guilty about sitting at a full-sized booth! According to the picture I took of our bill (which I did for just about every meal mainly for this report...), our server's name was Andres. I don't remember anything about him, I guess he was good enough that I don't remember him being terrible, but he wasn't one of the best we had on this trip either.

I ordered a glass of water, and Luke went for an orange juice. Nothing fancy for either of us, and no pictures either, sorry.

Here's the menu:

I didn't really need to even look at the menu, I knew exactly what I was going to order! I mentioned it in my PTR over here, and I stuck with it - I ordered the Banana Bread French Toast - topped with Bahamian Banana-Rum syrup, Coconut whipped cream, and served with choice of bacon, sausage or ham ($14).

I went for the ham, which was served with some nice grill marks on it. The ham was ok, but the french toast - oh man! It was so good, but really sweet! It was also a very generous order - remember those are slices of banana bread, so they were quite heavy and dense. I don't remember any specific coconut flavour from the whipped cream, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there - it just means I'm not the best at describing tastes sometimes haha.

I would order this again, but only if someone agreed to help me out with eating it. When I finished eating, there was still enough for another meal on my plate...

Luke decided to try the Eggs and Hash: 2 eggs served any-style over sweet potato ham hash, topped with key lime hollandaise, served with a buttermilk biscuit ($13).

He decided on poached eggs, and said they were really well done. He loved this meal, and said he would absolutely order it again! I tried the sweet potato/regular potato ham hash, and it was so delicious! I'm not a huge hollandaise fan, but I tried it and you could really taste the key lime in it - it wasn't overpowering, but it added a nice little something to it. The biscuit was just ok, especially after the amazing ones we had the night before at Homecoming...

Our bill came to $32.48 after tax. We both left this meal full and happy :)

Glad to hear the Olivia's review! I have a breakfast booked there in April. - Yum!!

Congratulations on your engagement. How lovely.

I have just added Art's Homecoming to our list of places to try on our August trip, it looks fabulous.

:offtopic:

I know this is a dining review but you made a comment about how gorgeous OKW is. We stay at OKW every year for Christmas and it's just so underrated as a resort. We love it, and even if we could afford to stay at a monorail resort for our whole vacation (16 days) I wouldn't as I can't imagine not staying at OKW. See you again in December OKW

Last edited:
Joining in. Congrats on your engagement!!

The food at Homecoming looks so yummy!!

Wow! That's an amazing piece of french toast. Looks so yummy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!