So Many ADR's, So Little Time...COMPLETE 7/24!

following along and congrats! now you're really gonna be too busy to write this report til you get home!!!!

Congrats!!

How exciting! Congratulations!

party:YAY!! Sending big congratulations to you! party:

Congrats!

Congrats!

:jumping1: Congratulations!

Congratulations :cheer2:

following along and congrats! now you're really gonna be too busy to write this report til you get home!!!!

Congrats!!! Looking forward to your report :-)

Following along, Congratulations!:cheer2:

Thank you all so much! The past 10 days have been crazy - ending our trip and traveling home, starting to make plans for our wedding, and getting ready for our trip to Disneyland next week!

I have started the trip report that goes along with this dining report, it can be found here: A Cancellation, A Proposal and A Lot of Food: Marathon Weekend 2017

Awww! I've been reading a ton of dining reports to get ready for our trip and not posting, but wanted to say congratulations!!

Awww, congrats! :lovestruc

How did I not see this DTR sooner? Following along!

Can't wait to hear your dining adventures and especially your engagement!

Awww! I've been reading a ton of dining reports to get ready for our trip and not posting, but wanted to say congratulations!!

Following along. Congratulations!

Thank you all so much, and welcome to my dining report!

January 3, 2017 - Travel!

I know, this is the post everyone was anxiously waiting for...our travel food post! Yes, that is sarcasm, but I wanted to include it since I went through the effort of taking pictures. I promise the following posts will by much more exciting!

After arriving at our gate, Luke ran to Hudson News (that chain store that seems to be in every airport) and grabbed a coffee and a breakfast sandwich for himself. I don't typically eat for the first few hours after waking up, so I just got him to pick me up a bottle of water. I didn't take pictures of his food, but his review of the coffee was "Terrible" and his review of the breakfast sandwich was "edible, but I think it was microwaved". He didn't expect much from a convenience-type store in an airport - he just wanted something to hold him over, so he wasn't upset. Cost was under $10CAD.

Once we were through customs in Calgary, Luke decided it was time for another breakfast sandwich, and ordered one from Burger King. I went for a small order of mozza sticks. For those of you who have never seen BK mozza sticks before, here you go:

I love cheese, I love deep fried foods and I love marinara sauce, so naturally I love mozza sticks. These were nothing special, but they hit the spot!

Once we were on the plane, I fell asleep for a few minutes, but woke up right before they got to our row with their food/drink cart. Luke and I both went for our old faithful sandwich on WestJet flights - the ham and swiss croissant.

There is nothing special about these, but for some reason I just love them! I thought my croissant was a little overdone, so Luke traded me (I'm really weird about those things...). We're flying with WestJet to California tomorrow, and we've already pre-ordered and pre-paid for one of these each. For some reason, I almost always ask for ginger ale when I'm on a plane. I rarely drink it otherwise... Cost: $7.50/eachCAD.

Last edited:
January 3, 2017 - Homecoming Kitchen

We had our plans all made, ADR's were in place, and I just kept coming back to this menu. I eventually decided to squeeze it in on our arrival day, and then spent the next 2 months looking forward to eating here. Seriously, I was so excited, and I'm not typically considered a foodie.

As we were sitting on the Magical Express at the airport, I started worrying about timing. I was still worried when the bus dropped us off at Old Key West, I was worried as bell services drove us to our room in a golf cart, I was still worrying when I boarded a Disney Springs bus. And of course, we ended up being 5 minutes early for our reservation - all that worrying for nothing!

Once we checked in, we were handed a pager and told it would be a few minutes - our pager went off about 90 seconds later. We were led to our table, a two-top directly behind the hostess desk. It was nice, because there was a wall so we couldn't see the front door, and it also meant we only had a table on one side of us. I didn't take pictures of our table, but here are some of the decor:

I loved the light fixtures!

The Florida mural above the kitchen was great!
I wish I could tell you how many hours we spent on All Ears, reading the menus and planning out what we would order at each meal on our trip. We had come to the conclusion that Homecoming would probably end up being our most expensive meal, as there were so many things we wanted.

We each decided to start with a moonshine cocktail, I had the moonshine mash: watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup, $12

Oh man. I've had moonshine before, and it typically has a very...strong taste. This was by far the smoothest moonshine I've ever had in my life, it was amazing! Luke hates watermelon flavouring, he gave this drink his approval as well - it was much more of a light, natural watermelon flavour. So good.

Luke went for the waitresses suggestion, and ordered the Bootlegger: Rumshine and dark rum, blackberry jam, house-made grenadine, simple syrup, lime juice, $12

This sounded weird to me, but again - holy smokes! It was so amazing!

Luke decided to order an appetizer and went for the Church Lady Deviled Eggs: Homecoming-style whole deviled eggs, $10

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, even at breakfast, so I didn't try any of these. Luke figured he would just have a few, and then pack them up and eat them for breakfast the next morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. He loved them so much he ate all 6 of them (keep in mind, we hadn't ate much all day and were STARVING by the time we got there). He also loved the house-made hot sauce, and was a little sad when he found out he couldn't just buy a bottle to bring home.

For entrees, Luke ordered the Art's Famous Fried Chicken - buttermilk brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and garnished with our house-made hot sauce served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love. $27

Again, this place was impressive. This was a huge serving, and absolutely incredible. The chicken was so tender and juicy, and had been butchered so that there were no bones present on the plate.

I wanted to try something else, and went for the Chopped Pork BBQ Plate: Dressed with HFK sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, served with momma's mac and cheese and a cheddar drop biscuit, $24. I'm not a fan of mac and cheese (please don't kick me off the disboards for saying that!), so I asked to switch to mashed potatoes instead. This was no problem at all, and both of us also had our potatoes topped with gravy (which was a little spicy, but so good!)

This pork was so good! And the BBQ sauce - ugh. I've run out of adjectives for amazing. The mashed potatoes were so buttery and smooth. I think I could live off those biscuits, it was incredible.

All of that food, and I still wanted dessert.

I had my eye on one thing - that Shine Cake: Chef Art's signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup. Served with a seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream $10. This thing was so lovely, I had to take two pictures of it:

What a way to end this perfect meal! This cake was so nice and moist, and you could taste the moonshine. I'm not much of a drinker typically, and I usually hate the taste of liquor, but for some reason this tasted fantastic to me. It was strong though - I see why it's adult's only! I honestly got drunk from eating cake. Now I want more of that...

Luke also ordered another moonshine cocktail to have with dessert, the Apple Pie a la Mode: Ole Smokey Apple Pie Moonshine, vanilla vodka, apple juice, cinnamon, house-made simple syrup and a dash of lemon $12. I forgot to take a picture of it, I was too busy shoving alcoholic cake into my face. I did try a sip, and it was ok. It was by far our least favourite of the three drinks we tried.

In case you couldn't tell, we LOVED this meal. I think it was a combination of being really hungry, the first meal of the trip and just being an amazing restaurant. This is actually the current #1 choice for our wedding reception when we get married at Disney next year...

The total cost of this meal was $107, or $113.96 after tax. It was worth every penny!

Our waitress, Tricia, was also great here, very attentive without hovering, and very friendly. We left her a generous tip :)

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I have a meal scheduled at Homecoming next month, and I am so looking forward to it now! Those eggs look delicious, that will probably be an appetizer I get! Wow, just wow...it all looks so yummy!

BK mozza sticks before, here you go:
I actually haven't seen them before, so... nice bk review LOL and yes this is totally something I would have for breakfast - I am like you and have to be up for a while before I can eat and usually breakfast type foods do not appeal as much as savory things. Like leftover pizza or mozzarella sticks!

As we were sitting on the Magical Express at the airport, I started worrying about timing. I was still worried when the bus dropped us off at Old Key West, I was worried as bell services drove us to our room in a golf cart, I was still worrying when I boarded a Disney Springs bus. And of course, we ended up being 5 minutes early for our reservation - all that worrying for nothing!
Of course. Murphy's law!

Once we checked in, we were handed a pager and told it would be a few minutes - our pager went off about 90 seconds later. We were led to our table, a two-top directly behind the hostess desk. It was nice, because there was a wall so we couldn't see the front door, and it also meant we only had a table on one side of us. I didn't take pictures of our table, but here are some of the decor:
I think we had this same table on my birthday! Were you like right behind the tee shirt shelf on a half banquette with a chair?

For entrees, Luke ordered the Art's Famous Fried Chicken - buttermilk brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and garnished with our house-made hot sauce served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love. $27
OH MY NOM. I WANT THIS AGAIN!!!

so I asked to switch to mashed potatoes instead. This was no problem at all, and both of us also had our potatoes topped with gravy
Cause you're a genius duh

I honestly got drunk from eating cake. Now I want more of that...
I want more too!!!

Off to a great start. If I had a wedding at Disney I think i would marry those mashed potatoes (sorry R)

Thank you for posting those pics. We will be there in March, and I have been dreaming of eating at Homecoming since my last meal there. Now I have my eye on that watermelon drink.

Enjoy your vacation!

We had our plans all made, ADR's were in place, and I just kept coming back to this menu. I eventually decided to squeeze it in on our arrival day, and then spent the next 2 months looking forward to eating here. Seriously, I was so excited, and I'm not typically considered a foodie.

I'm so glad we squeezed it into our plans too!

Oh man. I've had moonshine before, and it typically has a very...strong taste. This was by far the smoothest moonshine I've ever had in my life, it was amazing! Luke hates watermelon flavouring, he gave this drink his approval as well - it was much more of a light, natural watermelon flavour. So good.

That's good to hear, I wasn't sure about ordering a drink here because they were all moonshine drinks. Josh also hate watermelon, but I love it!

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, even at breakfast, so I didn't try any of these. Luke figured he would just have a few, and then pack them up and eat them for breakfast the next morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. He loved them so much he ate all 6 of them (keep in mind, we hadn't ate much all day and were STARVING by the time we got there).

They were good, but a little strange. The bacon tasted like it was candied so they were a lot sweeter than deviled eggs normally are. I'm not a big fan of just eating eggs, but I do usually enjoy deviled eggs.

The chicken was so tender and juicy, and had been butchered so that there were no bones present on the plate.

It was so good!

'm not a fan of mac and cheese (please don't kick me off the disboards for saying that!), so I asked to switch to mashed potatoes instead. This was no problem at all, and both of us also had our potatoes topped with gravy (which was a little spicy, but so good!)

I actually really want to try their mac and cheese, I was waaay too full to get it last time. Did you have to ask for gravy? Mine didn't come with any. I probably wouldn't have wanted any, but I ordered the same thing as Luke so I was wondering.

I had my eye on one thing - that Shine Cake: Chef Art's signature dessert.

The Hummingbird cake sounds good too. We didn't even have room for dessert. :sad2:

I'm not much of a drinker typically, and I usually hate the taste of liquor, but for some reason this tasted fantastic to me. It was strong though - I see why it's adult's only! I honestly got drunk from eating cake. Now I want more of that...

I used to have this rum cake I loved, and I got it again recently and just :crazy2: So I'm glad to hear it doesn't taste like alcohol. Cake drunk :rotfl:

January 3, 2017 - Homecoming Kitchen

I loved the light fixtures!

The Florida mural above the kitchen was great!
I wish I could tell you how many hours we spent on All Ears, reading the menus and planning out what we would order at each meal on our trip. We had come to the conclusion that Homecoming would probably end up being our most expensive meal, as there were so many things we wanted.

We each decided to start with a moonshine cocktail, I had the moonshine mash: watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup, $12

Luke went for the waitresses suggestion, and ordered the Bootlegger: Rumshine and dark rum, blackberry jam, house-made grenadine, simple syrup, lime juice, $12

This sounded weird to me, but again - holy smokes! It was so amazing!

Luke decided to order an appetizer and went for the Church Lady Deviled Eggs: Homecoming-style whole deviled eggs, $10

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, even at breakfast, so I didn't try any of these. Luke figured he would just have a few, and then pack them up and eat them for breakfast the next morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. He loved them so much he ate all 6 of them (keep in mind, we hadn't ate much all day and were STARVING by the time we got there). He also loved the house-made hot sauce, and was a little sad when he found out he couldn't just buy a bottle to bring home.

Again, this place was impressive. This was a huge serving, and absolutely incredible. The chicken was so tender and juicy, and had been butchered so that there were no bones present on the plate.

I wanted to try something else, and went for the Chopped Pork BBQ Plate: Dressed with HFK sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, served with momma's mac and cheese and a cheddar drop biscuit, $24. I'm not a fan of mac and cheese (please don't kick me off the disboards for saying that!), so I asked to switch to mashed potatoes instead. This was no problem at all, and both of us also had our potatoes topped with gravy (which was a little spicy, but so good!)

This pork was so good! And the BBQ sauce - ugh. I've run out of adjectives for amazing. The mashed potatoes were so buttery and smooth. I think I could live off those biscuits, it was incredible.

All of that food, and I still wanted dessert.

I had my eye on one thing - that Shine Cake: Chef Art's signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup. Served with a seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream $10. This thing was so lovely, I had to take two pictures of it:

What a way to end this perfect meal! This cake was so nice and moist, and you could taste the moonshine. I'm not much of a drinker typically, and I usually hate the taste of liquor, but for some reason this tasted fantastic to me. It was strong though - I see why it's adult's only! I honestly got drunk from eating cake. Now I want more of that...

Luke also ordered another moonshine cocktail to have with dessert, the Apple Pie a la Mode: Ole Smokey Apple Pie Moonshine, vanilla vodka, apple juice, cinnamon, house-made simple syrup and a dash of lemon $12. I forgot to take a picture of it, I was too busy shoving alcoholic cake into my face. I did try a sip, and it was ok. It was by far our least favourite of the three drinks we tried.

In case you couldn't tell, we LOVED this meal. I think it was a combination of being really hungry, the first meal of the trip and just being an amazing restaurant. This is actually the current #1 choice for our wedding reception when we get married at Disney next year...

The total cost of this meal was $107, or $113.96 after tax. It was worth every penny!

Our waitress, Tricia, was also great here, very attentive without hovering, and very friendly. We left her a generous tip :)
YUM another person making me sad to have missed this place. Your watermelon drink looks DIVINE. I want one. I want everything you guys ordered. I WANT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter