So if you’re not going to Disney before or after your Disney cruise, where you going?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, Just curious, we’re doing a 4 night cruise. (First cruise!). We thought we’d then head to Disney for 6 nights-we rent points from a friend. But what if you want to try something a little different? Thoughts? We’ll probably end up at Disney, lol, but wondering about other places.

Hi, Just curious, we’re doing a 4 night cruise. (First cruise!). We thought we’d then head to Disney for 6 nights-we rent points from a friend. But what if you want to try something a little different? Thoughts? We’ll probably end up at Disney, lol, but wondering about other places.
Little different we are doing a 5 night out of Miami and are going to do the Everglades and biscayne national parks. I’d love to fit it tortugas as well but don’t think it’s going to happen. There’s actually a lot more going on in Florida than just the world. Maybe a road trip picking 2 or 3 vero beach, cape canaveral, and west coast beaches are really nice. Maybe stay in a fancy beach resort. Next time we go out of Orlando we’d like to try universal

Do you still want to rent points? How about Vero Beach? We personally love Tampa, we do the zoo and Busch Gardens. Daytona Beach is another option. Just a couple to get you started....
There's really no limit to "different" places than Disney in Florida!

We went down the highway towards Key West and stopped along the way to see the Everglades, Biscayne, and Dry Tortuga. That was a fun trip! :)

Last cruise we went to Vero Beach and signed up for a turtle walk at night, but that would not take up six days, admittedly.

This trip we're going to go to Gatorland, because we only have a day to spend before our flight that night, and kitschy things can be fun. :laughing:

Great ideas! We’re going to be staying at Vero beach this May for 4 nights (first time there) I’m thinking if we really like Vero we could do it after the cruise, but I’m afraid there won’t be availability if we wait until May to see if we want to go back in September. We do have friends in the punta gorda area as well. So many great places!

You could also do the other theme parks in Orlando. With Universal and cases World there is plenty to do. Both also gave water parks that are great fun! And Sea World also has Discovery Cove which offers an amazing Dolphin swim experience.

We did Key West before our first Dream cruise (when she was out of PC) and loved it.

You can easily spend 3-4 days at Universal. We're planning to do the Kennedy Space Center after getting off the cruise in Port Canaveral...then Disney. A year ago, we were planning to just chill at a VRBO with a pool for a couple of days before a cruise; we didn't want to risk the cruise by catching COVID at a park ahead of time.

Universal this time. We only have one extra day and haven't been there in awhile, while we have done plenty of WDW and don't love a lot of the recent changes.

The last couple of cruises that we did, we spent a relaxing day at Discovery Cove before our cruise.

In 2019 we spent 5 nights at the BWI and the parks prior to our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy. Our last cruise in December was on the Dream out of Miami. We spent two nights at the Intercontinental on Biscayne bay prior to our cruise. We got in early on the first day and enjoyed some great shopping and food in the nearby Brickell District and the next we visited the Everglades National Park.

Our next cruise will be in 2024 on the Fantasy. Not sure what I will do prior. In the past, WDW would be a no-brainer for me. But all the changes to the park experience have turned me off big time. But that is a topic for another day on another forum. LOL

Vero Beach!!! We used our pointe for 3 nights there pre cruise and it was PERFECT. Relaxing with a touch of Disney. I want to go back so badly !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter