so how much money am I looking at for new front brakes?

babar

<font color=red>Has many quirks</font><br><font co
I'm preparing for the worst! I'm assuming I'll need the whole thing...pads, rotors, and whatever else.

All of a sudden, my car went from not even making any squeaking noises, to making this really awful grinding sound when I stop!! :guilty:

Sooo, what's the most you've paid?

Paid $250+ last year - this year, since the rear brakes were shot, and the front brakes were doing all the work stopping the car, I had to replace front AND rear - to the tune of $500. :faint:

I just had my breaks done on my Saturn. I paid $400 and had it done at the dealer.

Depending on the car, between $300 and $500 for pads and rotors. If you need the calipers as well it could be more. DH's pads and rotors for his Explorer was $400 last year...

Just make sure you go ASAP... my breaks suddenly went grindy on me (yeah they were "squealing" before) and I made an appointment for a few days later to get them done. I still had to drive to work but took it easy on the brakes. Wouldn't you know, on my way to work the day of the appt. they gave out completely and when I towed it in the rear drums had given up as well and I needed a complete brake job to the tune of $1200, including the master cylinder. Considering the car is worth about $1600 and it's paid for we didn't do the job and sold it to carmax and bought a new one!

Where are you getting brakes done for that much money. The local oil change places around her will do all 4 wheels for $99.00. Better yet if you have any mechanical skills it is very easy to do yourself. Did my durango last week (brake pads only), all 4 pads were $59.99 at Autozone and it took about 1 hour to change them all.

$520.00 for new pads & rotars on my Expedition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!