So how many pictures did you take?

Beck's mom

Mouseketeer
Just got back from our 7 day trip and I took 531 pics! :earseek:

Some of them are dupes or not good, but that is the beauty of digital - I can take 10 pics and get 1 great shot instead of taking just 3 with film and hoping one turns out!

Now I need to get organized to make my scrapbook! I am really looking forward to it. I saved all our memorabilia in the folder they give you at check in. I found some great ideas at 2 peas in a bucket and I also want to search this forum for tips too.

So, how many pictures do you guys normally take on your trips?

DH and I were in Disneyland for 3 days and I took 418 pictures. I tend to go way overboard and take as many pictures as I can. My children are getting to the age where they are like ' Run! Mom's got the camera out!'

On our last trip to WDW two weeks ago, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I have before. We go to WDW every year and we don't have children so after two or three years, most of our pictures look the same!

I take that back, our pictures have changed some... I've gotten fatter! :teeth:

Anyway, on our last trip (6 days) I took about 150 pictures.

During our 8 day trip in 2004, we took almost 1400 pictures!! And that was after we deleted the bad ones. I am in the process of scrapping them now. I will probably be 62 by the time I am done!! ...................P

well it wasn't disney, but dd danced at wolftrap 2 weeks ago... it was a 30 minute show... (they did it twice)... um yeah 1000 pictures... maggie

they weren't all of dd, pretty much the entire performance. got some fantastic leaping shots of some of the older dancers

YUP!!! Each trip over 1,000 pics!!! I managed to keep it below that on mine and DH's trip in August!!! I was so proud of myself!!

I JUST booked my flight for February 10, 2006. I am forced to go to WDW for a Cheer Competition. :cheer2: (Can you tell how sad I am about that?!? :cloud9: ) God only knows how many pictures I'll end up with this time!!!
:confused3

On our trip in Dec., we took 4 disposable cameras, 5 rolls of film and about 300 digital pictures. I used most of the developed pictures in a big Disney scrapbook, but didn't use very many of the digital pictures. I need the pictures in my hand to sort through, or I can't get ideas for pages. I can't sit at the computer and decide which pictures I will print for a layout. I must be a tactile person. :rotfl:

About 300ish for a 3 day trip to Disneyland. About 400 or so for a weeklong WDW trip -- but during a longer trip, I will usually have time at night to delete ones I don't want to keep so I definitely snap more than that, just keep it to about 400. I actually wind up printing only when I am ready to scrap so I probably don't use as many as I take.

You are all INSANE!!!!! (I mean that in a loving way :) ) I think I would end up in a mental facility if I took that many pictures and then had to scrap them. My family all read calls me the Kodak Queen (even now that I'm digital) so I think they would toss the camera in lake if I took that many.

He said I took too many pictures--- on a 4 day trip, I took about 2700 pictures. Which is easy to do--- espcially when you have a hard drive to down load everynight!!! many are just ok, some not so good and several GR8!!! I posted a few (without people on the shutterfly acount)

So in comparison--- DH was right--- I take too many pics--- next time, I'll just enjoy the sights--- yeah right, me without a camera????

Here is the link to shutterfly--- many other DISers also posted here. Enjoy
here is the link--- log on: wdwscrapper@yahoo.com password: mickey

tubachick said:
...on a 4 day trip, I took about 2700 pictures.

Wowie wow that is a lot!!!! But the good thing is, you guys have a lot to pick from when you put together an album. Plus you will get shots that those of us who don't take so many got. I feel like I should have taken more pics and now you all are confirming that! Next time, the sky's the limit!!! :earboy2:

So I went to that Shutterfly account Tubachick, and there are TONS of great pictures! Which album is yours?

Melissa

Well, I can see I am in good company. We are going in January and I am scared to even think about how many pictures I am going to take. A couple of weeks ago was my youngest child's birthday and her party was 2 hours and I took over 100 pictures. This summer for my girls' dance recital, I took about 250 at the recital!!!!! Yes, I am insane.

Our first 7 day DCL cruise we took 1003 pictures. I had 750 printed and am in the process of making my first scrapbook now. I have 4 pages done( it took 1 week).We went in June, but I just finished buying most of the supplies since I have never done this before. As I go along, I find myself wanting more stuff and keep making trips to the store.

Let's see on our 10 day trip through Colorado...984, including 319 pictures on the Durango & Silverton Railroad. Which when you think about it works out to almost 9 rolls of 36 exp film, just for the train. Can you imagine! I love digital, but sometimes I wonder if I do take too many photos.

When I went to WDW in June, 10 days, I almost filled 2 512 MB cards, each card stores about 1000 photos.

July at DL turned out to be a mostly non-photo trip, 10 days and only about 800 pictures. I was actually upset about that, because I didn't take very many pictures of the 50th decorations, so I told DH to upgrade his pass to an AP, cause we needed to come back within the year.

We just got back Sept 23 and I took about 200 pix with the digital. Not near enough when I think of the many shots I should have gotten but plenty when I am trying to get the cropped/fixed/printed.

wow i know we take a lot of pictures, but i dont think that many lol i think we took 3 rolls when we went to sea world in june

Beck's mom said:
So I went to that Shutterfly account Tubachick, and there are TONS of great pictures! Which album is yours?

Melissa

the albums I uploaded are:

various Epcot, various MGM, cinderellabration, wishes 2005, feb 2005

but everyone who has posted has great pics.

Thanks again everyone for sharing.

Most of my other pics have people in them (darn that family always getting int he way --LOL :rotfl: )

We just got back on Tuesday night and I *only* did 256 on the digital and 40 on photopass. Can I say I LOVE photopass ~ we can get the whole family in and DD loves the Stitch, Simba and Tink pics?

Now my plan is to get them all scrapped over the long weekend! I can do it! I can do it!

Let me put it this way . . . I switched to digital because the last year I used a film camera, my snapfish annual total was more than $800!

Now, I probably take 100 - 200 a day, buy about 100-200 per trip and scrap about 30 % as whole pictures and use square or round punchies from the rest for embellishments.

I printed 215 pictures the other day at Costco. Not too bad...thank God for digital; otherwise it easily would have been 300. I have 4 pics coming from Disney's Photo Pass. I'm already starting to crop....I love doing Disney Albums and I have all my awesome swap stuff from last year! WooHoo! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!