So, how many people have you convinced to take a Disney cruise

None, hate to recommend it due to the price. Most people look at me like I'm crazy and when they ask where I'm going and I mention a Disney Cruise or Disney World.
We are talking my Dad on his first ever cruise on the Dream next month. Hope he enjoys it and wants to go back with us next year!

Great Thread! Our family has taken 9 Disney cruises so far. I will tell anyone who is willing to listen how amazing DCL cruises are. We have convinced some people to go on a Disney cruise after talking it up so much.

First, we convinced my family on my mom's side to take a cruise with us in 2007. It was our second cruise back then with a total of eight people (three families essentially having a reunion). For this cruise we convinced a total of five people to cruise the Disney way which consisted of two families.

Second, we convinced our family friends of 10 years to go on a Disney cruise in 2016 with us. My best friend and I always dreamed of doing a Disney cruise together and we finally got to on the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise in 2016. There was 6 of of us we had a great time. My best friend is more like a sister to me, and it was a wonderful experience I will always treasure. It was their first Disney Cruise and they loved it! Prior to the cruise our family friends were already family to us. We have done road trip together, Disneyland together, birthdays and other holidays together, but after the cruise we became even more like a family. Not only did we convinced our family friends to take a cruise with Mickey but my "adopted parents" (My best friend's parents) are booked on another cruise next year.

My family is also responsible of convincing a person who worked at my middle school years ago too take DCL vacation. She took her family on the cruise and wished her family did a longer cruise!

To recap, my family is responsible for convincing four families to go on a Disney Cruise with or without our family. One of my favorite things to do is convince people to go on a Disney Cruise because they are the best!

Last edited:
Convinced my parents and my sister and her boyfriend. Totally true that satisfied customers and raving fans are the best ambassadors of the brand.

I need to update my response from last year... my parents joined us on our cruise last month and they are now hooked. :boat:

I'm bringing my mother on our cruise next month, and I'm hoping to get my boyfriend to agree to do one. In neither case would I expect them to pay, though.

I never try to convince anyone I wouldn't pay for. DCL is just too expensive for that.

I don't try to convince anybody. In fact I would love to try to deter them. If more people don't go, then maybe the ships won't be as crowded, and maybe the prices will come down for me!

I would like to think I had a hand in getting two families from my work interested enough to go. Sadly though both either didn't listen to or ask for my advice about how to handle onboard and did not have a good as time as possible. The one I really felt bad for had a GF child and they were clueless. I am GF myself and could have really helped them out.

The family that enjoyed it the most, has since sailed other lines due to cost, he is an engineer, so I didn't funnel long term cruisers to DCL.

Two other couples; along with my wife and me knew we wanted to take an Alaska cruise for 2016. Wife and I are Gold CC members and as soon as reservations opened up for this we reserved our stateroom and told the other two couples when the dates would be available to them (they have never cruised DCL). The prices were released to the general public and as soon as the two couples saw the prices they got back to us and said "we can't pay those prices". Despite the fact that it was just a day or two after our reservation date; the price had all ready gone up, a lot, compared to what wife and I paid. So my wife and I switched our reservation to WDW/Bahama DCL cruise for later in the same year and we all booked an Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Millennium. It was from Seward, AK to Vancouver Canada and we had a great time. Highly recommend this itinerary.

For our next DCL cruise in 2018; one of the couples and their daughter are joining my wife, son and me. We are celebrating the college graduation of our children. We are doing the Norwegian Fjord and Iceland cruise. Staying three nights in Copenhagen prior to the cruise and an extra two nights in England when we get off in Dover.

I have been trying to convince people to take a cruise but not necessarily a Disney Cruise. I mentioned that we like DCL but it is the only one we have taken so far.

Just my mom. She went with us on the Fantasy in 2013 and is doing Alaska with us next summer. She prefers Celebrity but will do DCL to spend time with us.

Tried to convince my SIL but they have three kids so it's pricey. They would love it.

At least 25...maybe 30 people. We convinced people since the MV of the Magic back in 1998 to go with us and almost every cruise after that (39) we have had someone else join us.

MJ

I guess I don't understand why we need more people booking Disney cruises? I think we should encourage people to stop cruising on Disney and try other cruise lines who offer a better value.

I have no way of knowing the total number, but I know that several people I work with have added DCL to their consideration list. I know of at least one who has now booked a cruise and did tell me that my accounts were an influence. I encourage people to consider it when they mention taking a vacation and usually share a few tips to whet the appetite. What they do from there is often a mystery.

I guess I don't understand why we need more people booking Disney cruises? I think we should encourage people to stop cruising on Disney and try other cruise lines who offer a better value.
It's the desire to share a good experience with people we care about. I don't try to "convince" people, though, unless I plan to pay their fare. I will talk about my vacation when asked, and if that description encourages people to book a DCL cruise that they'll love, fine.

Just one that I know of. Although my son and family is hoping we'll take them on a cruise in early 2019. We're working on it!

Sharing is caring..? I would never encourage anyone to stop cruising Disney unless they wanted to - value is subjective. This is the Disney Cruise Line forum of the DIS... we wouldn't be here if we didn't enjoy it. :)

We've sold my parents (2), sister-in-law and family (4), and now brother-in-law and family (4). so 10 total people.
In March, 2019 11 of us will sail together (SNL and family for the 3rd time and BNL and family with as well - their first).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter