So Frustrated! 172 Days out and no reservations available anywhere we want to go!!

DancinMama

Mouseketeer
I'm so frustrated that we're 172 days out and there are already no reservations available for all of the restaurants we want to go to. We're going from November 5-10 and can't believe that everything is already filled up!

If we can't find any of the good table service restaurants with availability we may cancel our Dining Plan.

Sorry to vent but I'm just so bummed!

Keep an eye out every day though because I've heard of so many people getting the reservations they want when others cancel. I think it just takes some time

Definitely keep trying. Sometimes the last week yields results, but I know it's tough waiting for planning purposes though.

Thanks! I will keep trying, I'm just so bummed because a couple of years ago when we went I only had one place I couldn't get reservations for and now it's all of them so I'm getting discouraged.

I will stay positive and keep checking back! :)

The whole thing just seems strange to me. We have gone at much supposedly busier times than the week we are going and have also gone when free dining is in effect and have NEVER had this much difficulty getting ADRs. I understand certain restaurants being difficult but when ALL of them are difficult it just seems odd. I completely understand your frustration!

I agree, this year is weird. I have gone the same week before and had zero issues getting ADRs (aside from BOG) around 180 days. This year right at 180 I had trouble with almost every restaurant....even "less popular" places like Garden Grill and Sci Fi.

what is even stranger is that there is less sit down dining being offered for free and there seems to be less availability. We haven't decided if we'll upgrade yet, but trying to see if any reservations were even available, we couldn't get Skippers Canteen, Akershus, CRT, Sanaa or another (can't remember which).

I a wondering if things like Skippers Canteen are filling up because CP and Liberty Tree, etc aren't available.

I just called in again and they said that CP and Liberty Tree (amongst some others) have not released most of their availability for November . I know some people who have gotten them, but generally, tables have not been released.

I just called in again and they said that CP and Liberty Tree (amongst some others) have not released most of their availability for November . I know some people who have gotten them, but generally, tables have not been released.

My questions is why are they slacking on releasing the availability? They know people book at 180 days, they should be prepared.

We just decided to go in October and I can't find a single ADR in MK on some days during our trip. I'm considering whether we should bag the trip -- perhaps it will be crazy crowded.

Looking at October 21-October 27.

As others have said just keep trying every once in a while, things open up since people tend to book things they don't really want just to hold them. Also, this might be a good opportunity to try something new.

I'm having a very hard time as well. Even Whispering Canyon Cafe is not available until 8:30 pm. No way can that book up 180 days out!

I think a lot of normally not busy things are filling up because all of the normal restaurants can't be booked. Very strange .

I would keep checking. Spots didn't open for e.g., F! Dinner Package at H&V until a few weeks after my 180th day.

Also, use the Touring Plans Reservation Finder: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

You can set up to search a time and it will notify you by text or email when an ADR comes open. But you better be ready to jump on it. I have gotten texts at 1am, for example (I missed that opportunity).

Also, people load up on ADR's and hold them until they make their FPP's. So around 70 days from the start of your trip (since 60 day +10 applies to FPP's) people will finalize their plans and (slowly) start cancelling ADR's. It may not happen immediately.

I have made numerous trips to WDW, all in the summer, several during free dining, and I have never failed to get an ADR at a restaurant I wanted to go to. Just be persistent.

I would keep checking. Spots didn't open for e.g., F! Dinner Package at H&V until a few weeks after my 180th day.

Also, use the Touring Plans Reservation Finder: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

You can set up to search a time and it will notify you by text or email when an ADR comes open. But you better be ready to jump on it. I have gotten texts at 1am, for example (I missed that opportunity).

I second using touring plans. I've used it a couple of times for my upcoming trip in September and it has found what I've been looking for. Also, just keep checking back every day at different times, I've been quite surprised as to what I've been able to snag.

Garden Grill just opened availability, had to split the party but we made it work...Hopefully Crystal Palace and the others are next!

Thank you TouringPlans reservation finder for texting me and making me get on the computer!

Now my question is since we had to split could we ask them to seat near each other? We check in at the same time.

I think a lot of normally not busy things are filling up because all of the normal restaurants can't be booked. Very strange .
Maybe that is their secret evil plan! Get people to go to places that are usually not as in demand. Whatever it is, I am seriously irked!

Just keep swimming, just keep checking... and one magic moment, times will pop up, and I'll click it, and book my breakfast with Eeyor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter