So Excited....November 2016 here we come!

I know, I can't decide if the kids will be more excited or me, ha!! I just love going on vacation and leaving my worries behind. Want to try as much as possible.

What is GF?

Grand Floridian. My boyfriend and I fell in love with it when we ate at 1900 Park Fare, and decided we need to stay there at some point! Hopefully, it will be next year!

Also, you should definitely check out some of the character meals! Tusker House breakfast at Animal Kingdom is one of my favorites.

I just spoke to a travel agent who is going to help me book our trip(this summer) for 2016. Seems crazy to be this excited this early, but it's our first time there and my kids are gonna be so excited. Anyone else get ramped up WAY before your trip?? Any suggestions on places to eat or shows that are a must see? Thanks!!
Yay! I started planning our trip about 2 years out (it took me that long to convince my husband it was time to go). I was excited every single day from the time I started researching until the day we came home. That, of course, wasn't all that fun. We took our first trip last November and are going back this year! November is a GREAT time to go! The weather's a little cooler so you don't have the insane heat of the summer, but usually it's warm enough to be comfortable, sometimes even to swim. And holiday decorations start going up, beginning with MK.
Must-sees: Festival of the Lion King at AK, Dream Along With Mickey at MK, Wishes at MK (obviously), and Illuminations at Epcot (my favorite fireworks show--I know, it's not Wishes but something about it gets me). Some of the smaller entertainment shows throughout the park are also great--the drum show in the Africa section in AK, most of the countries in Epcot have some form of entertainment, Citizens of Hollywood in HS, the Dapper Dans in MK.
Our favorite restaurants from last time: Raglan Road in DTD, Boma at AKL, Be Our Guest in MK, Crystal Palace in MK, and 'Ohana (breakfast) at the Poly.

We are thinking of going the 8th-16th. I called and found out that Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party starts on the 8th so I thought that would be a fun way to go into the park and enjoy ourselves that first day without using one of our park hopper passes on that. Tickets for the party are not bad.
We LOVED MVMCP! One of our favorite things from our trip!! Keep in mind though it doesn't always start on the same day--last year it started on Friday the 7th; this year it's on Sunday the 8th.

Oh okay, yeah I've heard that is a good character experience. I'm excited to see Animal Kingdom.
Love love love Animal Kingdom :)

Thanks for all the great tips! I can't wait to go and check out some of this. I can't wait to put my deposit down so it's set, ha!! I think we will check out as many shows as we can. I was excited to talk to a Disney agent on the phone who said the xmas party starts the night we get there. Then we can experience the park the first day without using one of our park hopper tickets on a half day. Plus I think it sounds so fun!!

I'm going to be honest. I may call and check back on that date when you actually get ready to book and put your deposit. I've head a lot of ppl recently saying things were messed up by cast members. Just wrong dates, or thinking they were talking 2015 and not 2016 or vice versa.

Joining in!!! We are going from November 27th - December 2nd. This is going to be the 3rd time we do the week after Thanksgiving and MVMCP. So excited!! Staying at Bay Lake Tower (my home base). Anyone start a Facebook page yet?

I planned our first family trip in May 2015 for about 16 months, so I understand the excitement! I drove my DH crazy. It's amazing how many times you will change your mind and your plans before the trip. It will be fabulous! We went to Downtown Disney twice and looked at the balloon, but never went on it. I remember my DH saying the prices for it really weren't that bad, by Disney standards! For me, DH and DD4, some of our favorite things were: Toy Story Midway Mania at DHS, Dinner at 'Ohana, 7DMT and Soarin'. We loved Festival of the Lion King and DD really liked the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at DHS (if you have older kids, maybe not so much, but we LOVED the A/C for 20 mins.). MSEP is definitely worth seeing if you can make the time.

Just go into planning knowing that there is no way to do everything and pick and choose accordingly. Ask your kids what is most important to them (you might be surprised). My DD's favorite things,what she remembers after the trip, were not what I expected. I got up at midnight to make sure she got to meet A&E and she never mentions it. She talks about the Journey of the Little Mermaid ride and the interactive screens from the standby line for Soarin'. LOL

Have fun planning. I miss the planning so I'm trying to convince my DH we need to go in Sept 2016!

Hello all,
I am getting ready to put our deposit down, woo hoo! (Imagine a grown adult jumping up and down ) I can't wait!!! I know the kids and I will have a blast. Life has been a little hectic and dare I say....difficult lately so planning is the highlight lately! Hope everyone is planning too.

Joining in!!! We are going from November 27th - December 2nd. This is going to be the 3rd time we do the week after Thanksgiving and MVMCP. So excited!! Staying at Bay Lake Tower (my home base). Anyone start a Facebook page yet?
So you've been to the Xmas party before? What's your favorite part?

Chiming in! I am already booked for November 5-10,2016 at POFQ!!! So excited to see everything decorated for the holidays, still trying to decide about the Christmas Party.

I cant wait to book, there is something else I have to take care of first then I can. Darn it I don't want to be responsible, lol.
It will be a great feeling though once I get that done!!

I totally understand being excited. I always have the basics of a trip planned in my head just in case I win the lotto and get to go on short notice. Planning is half the fun. You'll love November, we've been the week after Thanksgiving and I would go that week every year if I could. The Christmas party is a great introduction to MK without it being overly crowded. I'm sure you will have a ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter