So excited I could cry! In fact, I did, a little.

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share with people who actually "get it". DH and I have always dreamed of staying at Poly, but I knew it would never be in our budget. We'll for our 1st anniversary, I booked CSR, and then found out about the rennovations, which made DH and I super leary for some reason. I was fine with switching to POR, but could tell DH was talking himself into it, and some of his trip excitement faded. Then, an amazing fellow DISer suggested I look around for a discount, and lo and behold, I was able to book THE POLY!!! And, for a smidgen less than POR! I'm still in shock. I just had to share here, because when my friends and coworkers see me crying and happy dancing, they're like "uhhh, just because you're staying at a nicer hotel?" :sad2:

I seriously can't wipe this cheesy grin off my face, and it's all me and DH can talk about! Our dream is coming true!!! :hyper:

That is awesome, I am so excited for you!!!! You will have a great time at the Poly, I have very fond memories of staying at the Poly with my parents and siblings so it has always held a special place in my heart. It is such a beautiful resort and you just can't beat being on the monorail line. Enjoy your trip :goodvibes.

Thank you @PoohsFan1 ! Same here, I remember staying there when I was a little kid with my grandparents. Such wonderful memories. DH has only ever stayed at CSR, so I'm extra excited for him!

Just wanted to share with people who actually "get it". DH and I have always dreamed of staying at Poly, but I knew it would never be in our budget. We'll for our 1st anniversary, I booked CSR, and then found out about the rennovations, which made DH and I super leary for some reason. I was fine with switching to POR, but could tell DH was talking himself into it, and some of his trip excitement faded. Then, an amazing fellow DISer suggested I look around for a discount, and lo and behold, I was able to book THE POLY!!! And, for a smidgen less than POR! I'm still in shock. I just had to share here, because when my friends and coworkers see me crying and happy dancing, they're like "uhhh, just because you're staying at a nicer hotel?" :sad2:

I seriously can't wipe this cheesy grin off my face, and it's all me and DH can talk about! Our dream is coming true!!! :hyper:
Congrats we love the Poly :banana:

Congrats on booking your dream resort!! Best wishes for a wonderful anniversary trip!!

That's so exciting! Congratulations! I totally get it. DH and I dream of Beach Club. Can I ask how/where you found a discount? Just for my own future reference... :)

@disneycat321 Thank you! I actually booked through a travel agency, and got a great Labor Day sale rate for our dates. Disboards.com rules don't allow me to post the name of the agency I booked with. But shop around, and ask for quotes, it can't hurt! Especially ifnyou're flexible with your dates. I hope you get to stay at Beach Club soon!

@disneycat321 Thank you! I actually booked through a travel agency, and got a great Labor Day sale rate for our dates. Disboards.com rules don't allow me to post the name of the agency I booked with. But shop around, and ask for quotes, it can't hurt! Especially ifnyou're flexible with your dates. I hope you get to stay at Beach Club soon!

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, we are never very flexible with our dates - I'm a teacher, so my vacations are very specific (and never in the off season). But I guess it wouldn't hurt to shop around when the time comes.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, we are never very flexible with our dates - I'm a teacher, so my vacations are very specific (and never in the off season). But I guess it wouldn't hurt to shop around when the time comes.

Have a wonderful trip!
I understand that... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a good deal on your next trip! And you're right, it definitely wouldn't hurt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter