So, are ALL new DVC dining reservations screwed up from the 10 day booking window....

aroundtheriverbend

DIS Veteran
or just some?? I read that some DVC members haven't been able to do the 180+10 day reservations online with DVC reservation numbers, only 180 days due to another system glitch that has popped up since they implemented the credit card requirement a few weeks ago. Is this happening to everyone? Trying to plan for if I just need to call into the line like we used to in the old days, or whether I have a chance online when the booking window opens. :confused3 Thanks!

Wow , Thought it was just me.
I have been going day to day because I could not do the Plus 10 Days.

I had a problem trying to do it last week. I ended up calling MS and having a CM do it for me. The CM told me they are "aware" of the problem but haven't been able to fix it yet.

I have been having problems too. 180 will work. :confused3

My specific issue has been that my reservation is there on the site and when I go to make a dining reservation the system says something like "We notice you are trying to make a reservation more than 180 days out if you have a resort reservation please confirm it now." When I click on the link and add in my reservation information I notice that I have been logged out of the disney site (previous page I was logged in!) and when I put in the reservation number, name, and dates the message is that my reservation number isn't recognized and I'll need to call dining reservations for assistance. :headache:

Hopefully tech support will get this taken care of soon! Getting a reminder email 24 hours prior to my reservation not particularly helpful...
:surfweb:
SotS

It amazes me sometimes with disney's resources that these things aren't fixed immediately. DH (an unemployed IT programmer/analyst) goes nuts with it. I keep telling him to volunteer his services maybe they'll love him so much he will get hired. hahaha :lmao:

I've got a while before I can make ressies, I'm sure it will be worked out then. In the meantime good luck to all you who are frustrated with it at this time.

Nope, never worked for me and I tried for 3 weeks....Worked before 10/26 change, and it hasn't worked since.

Didn't work for me either - my 180 + 10 day was 11/7. Good news is I did them at 180 and got everything I wanted when I wanted.:thumbsup2
I mentioned this to ME this morning when I was checking on something else and the CM had no idea there was a problem.

It may not be directly related to DVC reservation. I have noticed that the website has had many problems over the past few months. Many times all of my dining reservations or certain lodging reservations will not show up. I too am surprised of the many issued with disney's website. You would think that with the money that they generate with online reservations, that they would get it fixed.

I had to call and speak with someone to make my reservation. I did the survey at the end and expressed my dissatisfaction with that!

Wow , Thought it was just me.
I have been going day to day because I could not do the Plus 10 Days.

You can still make your reservations at +10 days you just have to call to do it. I had the same problem as others with it not recognizing my reservation. I just called at 7am and the CM was able to book all of my ADRs and they showed up online with my hotel reservation. It was annoying not to be able to do it online but not a big deal. I got everything I wanted.

I, too, was unable to make on-line reservations at 180+10. Sadly, I wasn't too surprised. I’m totally underwhelmed by Disney's IT.

I could not book on-line. I didn't realize there was a widespread problem related to the new cc rules. I thought it was because I had two DVC ressie numbers...I think this caused a "double-whammy" because I wasn't able to use the dining line at 7am either. I called MS later in the day and they were able to book everything 180 + 10 in one phone call and we got all the ressies we wanted. The CM I worked with moved faster than any CM I've ever encountered! I wonder if they gave DVC MS some sort of override capabilities to deal with these problems because this CM was flying through my ressies!!

Good luck!!

Perhaps I am "old school", but I remember the days when software was tested BEFORE it was deployed.

Funny....it is being tested! ON US!

Can't wait to see how much fun we are going to have when we can start making our room reservations online! :scared1:

Just for kicks I called MS so I could plan ahead next week - yes, there is a recognized issue with the system, no ETA for resolution. They also told me in our case it would be further exacerbated by the fact that we are doing a split stay. Apparently that means the CMs on the normal dining line at 7am can't help me past our first split even though both parts have the same reservation number (3 nights at AKV for us), and the only way to really resolve the whole thing at the 180 day mark is to wait for MS to open at 9 and have them book all our dining reservations over the phone.

And of course this is this is for the first trip where we're bringing other folks and trying to get the fun ones like CRT over a holiday weekend, and I'm booked in work meetings 8-10. :mad:

Oh well, I guess it's not like they're saving lives at WDW.... although sometimes I feel like getting there is saving mine! :rolleyes:

I did them one day at a time online last week for a trip at end of May next year. Got what I wanted though, but certainly the +10 day benefit is not there.

FYI, I was able to just call the normal dining line at 7am and they handled all my reservations. Had a great CM :thumbsup2 I had been told I would probably have to call MS at 9am to get it all handled, but fortunately it worked out since I had meetings all day that day starting at 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter