snorkeling opportunities at Atlantis?

prymsu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Are there any? Just curious if there is, of what people thought. Is there just one spot, or multiple spots? We would be checked in at the Comfort Suites with Atlantis privileges. Any advice or info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have not been to Atlantis before but I checked out their website www.atlantis.com and they did list some very general information about having scuba/snorkeling available on site. Once in the site you can find it listed under "Activities" and then "Water Sports". Hope this helps some!

i will check that out. I am hooked on snorkeling, and i want to know if i am going to need to book an excursion, or if snorkeling is plentiful at Atlantis, then i can save money and just go there instead.

We visited Atlantis in February. We were very disappointed in the snorkeling. The lagoon had very little marine life and the ocean happened to be very rough and impossible to snorkel in. Also, even if we had calm seas the reef is far from shore so i am not sure how much there would be to see.
On two previous Disney cruises, we went to Blue Lagoon which has excellent snorkeling. Reef close to shore and lots of fish.
Atlantis is a great place to visit but if snorkeling is your top priority I would look elsewhere.

next cruise: 8/17/02 Western Magic

that is exactly what i was trying to find out. Will plan on something different then. Did you do blue lagoon on your own? If so, what was the cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter