Snacks that fly well

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We usually ship an Amazon box and I understand that this is no longer an option. So, looking for a few things that we can fly with that will travel well. Thanks for suggestions.

Granola bars, cereal bars, Pop Tarts, Fruit Snacks, nuts, pretzels, Little Debbie snack cakes/muffins/danishes, dried fruit, cookies, Goldfish, Cheez-Its, trail mix, cereal, jerky/Slim Jims

Just to name a few. :)

On our last trip, My mom and I took granola bars, beef jerky, travel packs of cookies. Hard candies are good. Pretty much anything solid that doesn’t have a lot of air in its packaging.

OP, where did you see that you can no longer ship packages to the resorts? I've been on here all the time during the Pandemic (and before), and I never noticed anyone saying anything about this.

OP, where did you see that you can no longer ship packages to the resorts? I've been on here all the time during the Pandemic (and before), and I never noticed anyone saying anything about this.
It has been a while back, I will try to find the thread. But, the info could have been incorrect it was a comment, not an official statement related to the drop off. I will inquire further.

Yes, you can get groceries delivered to your resort. We just did it last week. We used instacart through Publix.

Yes, you can get groceries delivered to your resort. We just did it last week. We used instacart through Publix.

I think OP was asking about shipping a package from home to the resort, not having groceries delivered to the resort.

On our last trip, I went to the grocery store and picked out selections of our favorites as well as a few special options. We went for density over air filled packages for the most part, but I made our kid little snack bags that went with the park we were going to: international treats for Epcot, Star Wars themed for Hollywood Studios, Lion King and trail foods for Animal Kingdom. I did not theme one for Magic Kingdom - I promised a giant Mickey cookie instead. LOL
For the hotel room I picked up breakfast bars, some mini-cans of Pringles, some snack mixes.

The best snacks that fly well are the ones with wings! Ha!

I would recommend any sort of beef jerky or slim jim if the people sitting adjacent to you on the plane are obnoxious. Otherwise, my family likes Cheez-Itz and similar crackers in a bag rather than boxed items. It is easier to fold and dispose of on the plane or in the hotel room. Boxed items can get bulky when you are finished with the food.

If its checked almost anything.
If you dont want to order groceries to the hotel you can do it when you get there and go meet them outside. I did that with instacart, you have a chat so you can talk to them.
As far as bringing snacks in your carry on make sure what ever you bring put them in a gallon size ziplock. My airport made me put all my snacks onto of my bag when going thru the TSA scanners... and check on the sizes on PB or nutella type snacks so they are under 3.3oz

I am going to echo the same thing about snacks with less air in them. My husband and I brought a can of Pringle’s on a plane and, when we landed, the air in them had expanded so much that they literally looked like they were going to pop at any second

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter