Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012... and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013!

It's so great your in-laws are getting into the planning of the trip! I love your newsletter-- especially the quiz version!
I was considering getting Project Future on my Kindle-- how is it? Is it about the planning of the MK or more about purchasing the land, etc?

Disney planning is always fun, but it makes it even better when the other people are excited about it too. :goodvibes:

I can't wait to hear what you end up deciding on during your planning session! :woohoo:

Hi Courtney, I'm looking forward to getting 'the list' together of ADRs and other activities.. and then actually booking them! :cutie: It'll be strange this time, staying offsite, as I'll have to book each ADR day-by-day; no 10 day window! :eek: At least with the online system available now I can book the restaurants on the website - not daily calls to WDW-Dine ;)

I'm thinking of baking some cookies & gingerbread from the Disney chefs cookbook to take with us for the 'planning party'! :cutie:

It's so great your in-laws are getting into the planning of the trip! I love your newsletter-- especially the quiz version!
I was considering getting Project Future on my Kindle-- how is it? Is it about the planning of the MK or more about purchasing the land, etc?

Thanks - I've almost got all the quiz questions written now, ready to put in each month's newsletter! :cutie:
I've read about 2/3rds of Project Future and so far it's been about choosing the site for WDW (it was very nearly in St Louis!) and then buying the land in Florida.. moving onto actually building it now in the late 1960's. I've also read a book called 'Married to the Mouse' which is about Orlando's relationship with the Disney company, also pretty interesting :thumbsup2 (I wrote my final year dissertation on inspirational leadership, focusing on Walt Disney, so read a lot of books and journals on the topic! hehe)

Disney planning is always fun, but it makes it even better when the other people are excited about it too. :goodvibes:

Hi Mel! It is nice to talk about the upcoming vacation with my inlaws :goodvibes .. for my trips just with DH, he is always happy for me to pick out the restaurants & plan our days - so it's different going with a larger group.. nice to get their input on favourite rides/restaurants etc :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Your upcoming planning meeting sounds like so much fun! I never thought about making up questions using WDW books. What a great excuse to buy a few Disney books, LOL!

I'm just finding your latest PTR & joining in of course! :goodvibes Pretty jealous that you are planning not one but TWO trips, and trips so close together at that! We will be visiting WDW right after you in October...we will be getting in on the 21st. I look forward to comparing Halloween trips to the World!

Also looking forward to reading about your experience on the Fantasy. I have been playing around with the idea of taking a Disney cruise, but it's still pretty up in the air. I think your first Disney Cruise TR was what started the ball rolling in my head. It sounds so amazing! I bet the new ship will be absolutely incredible!

Your upcoming planning meeting sounds like so much fun! I never thought about making up questions using WDW books. What a great excuse to buy a few Disney books, LOL!

Thank you! :goodvibes hehe yes any excuse to buy more Disney books ;) .. I can't find my copy of Lou Mongello's first trivia book - I know I have it somewhere! It would be perfect for the newsletters too lol.

I'm just finding your latest PTR & joining in of course! :goodvibes Pretty jealous that you are planning not one but TWO trips, and trips so close together at that! We will be visiting WDW right after you in October...we will be getting in on the 21st. I look forward to comparing Halloween trips to the World!

Also looking forward to reading about your experience on the Fantasy. I have been playing around with the idea of taking a Disney cruise, but it's still pretty up in the air. I think your first Disney Cruise TR was what started the ball rolling in my head. It sounds so amazing! I bet the new ship will be absolutely incredible!

That's a shame we'll miss each other in October! I'm so looking forward to that trip.. back 'home' to the Boardwalk, Halloween decorations and the Food & Wine Festival :cloud9:

It's nice to be able to say the cruise is 'next year' already! I'm so excited about it.. we both knew within 24 hours of being on the Dream last year that we'd want to do another! Hoping to explore the ship alot more on a seven-day cruise too :thumbsup2 .. hope you do get to go on one in the future, it's a great extension of the Disney parks magic!

So today the postman brought me...

IMG_0704.jpg

New 2012 Disney guidebooks! I must by these two every year we go to Disney, but I can't help it hehe :cutie: I read them cover-to-cover even though I know 99% of the stuff written!

Hi Emma!

What a lovely thing to receive from the postman :thumbsup2

Happy reading though you probably know most of it already hehe - still it must be nice to refresh your memory and notice the new additions :goodvibes

I finally went through all your updates.

Oh my gosh, you're going to make an AMAZING Barbie! Can't wait to see the finished product. I really hope DH will be Ken. That would be awesome!

Man, 3 trips all in a matter of 2 years! Must say, I'm super jealous. But i'll be living vicariously through your TR's, so the jealousy will subside over time, I guess. ;)

Hi Emma!

What a lovely thing to receive from the postman :thumbsup2

Happy reading though you probably know most of it already hehe - still it must be nice to refresh your memory and notice the new additions :goodvibes

I love Disney guidebooks, too! In fact, I think it's time I buy a new Unofficial Guide! ;)

Thanks both - looking forward to reading the guidebooks, sure there'll be something I learn that I didn't know before! Particularly the Unofficial Guide - they've added a Universal Orlando section now which will be useful because I know so much less about those parks for our August trip :wizard:

I finally went through all your updates.

Oh my gosh, you're going to make an AMAZING Barbie! Can't wait to see the finished product. I really hope DH will be Ken. That would be awesome!

Man, 3 trips all in a matter of 2 years! Must say, I'm super jealous. But i'll be living vicariously through your TR's, so the jealousy will subside over time, I guess. ;)

Thanks for reading Lesha! :cutie: Aww thank you - I think my costume is pretty much all bought now, I just need to get a purse/bag :goodvibes .. lol I will suggest DH goes as Ken.. it actually wouldn't be too hard to do - shorts, polo shirt and a neck-tie to be Ken from Toy Story 3?! :rolleyes1 I'll ask him nearer the time! Although after Pirate night on the cruise last year, when I promised him everyone would be dressed up and then it didn't seem like that many adults were, he is reluctant to wear a costume at Disney again :cutie:

Hi everyone,

This weekend I've worked on a template to help with the planning for our August trip...

IMG_0712.jpg

It's quite simple and much less detailed than the ones I usually create for mine & DH's trips to WDW! But I wanted to keep it clutter free for DH's family - lots and lots of free days so we can go with the flow more when we're there and see what everyone feels like doing.
I'm going to suggest that we have one day planned at each park (MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, US and IoA) - then the rest probably blank with a few ADRs booked in too :thumbsup2

DH and I have discussed planning a special evening for everyone as a surprise - it will be a way for us to say thank you too to his parents for taking us on vacation :wizard: ... we have something quite exciting in mind so I hope I can book it then will share with you all! :goodvibes

This weekend I made a start on studying for my next accounting exams - the college is now offering online learning so I'm trying it out.. really like it so far! All of the lectures are online in 'chapters' and you follow along in the text book, making notes & doing examples.

IMG_0726-1.jpg

It's been the perfect things to do today as the weather went from this yesterday evening...

IMG_0716.jpg

To this this morning!!

IMG_0722.jpg

It's the first snow we've had this winter and not really that bad compared to other years (touch wood) ... DH made a great effort at clearing the road with our neighbours :goodvibes

IMG_0727.jpg

The main roads have been cleared too so I should be fine to get to the gym and work tomorrow!!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend,

You are so organized. :) That is a great way to take a class. I feel you get more out of it when you are able to go back in the chapter if you miss something.

Always love the first snow fall. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear what you have planned for the fam!

Wow, the weather changed so quickly. I couldn't imagine having to go outside and clear the road free of snow. What a lot of work!

Have a great day!

You are so organized. :) That is a great way to take a class. I feel you get more out of it when you are able to go back in the chapter if you miss something.

Always love the first snow fall. :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes I'm really impressed with this study course so far.. hoping to get another module done this Saturday! I quite liked the snow on Sunday, as we didn't need to go anywhere.. but sometimes I can't get to work because the roads are too dangerous to drive on :eek: lol

Can't wait to hear what you have planned for the fam!

Wow, the weather changed so quickly. I couldn't imagine having to go outside and clear the road free of snow. What a lot of work!

Have a great day!

Hi Lesha! I'm really hoping we get to book the surprise evening... only a few days until the 180 day windows start to open up for the trip :cutie:
Our weather is soo varied here sometimes... it doesn't normally snow in February so it's caught everyone out a bit! DH had planned to go the gym last Sunday, but decided the snow-shovelling was a good enough workout instead :thumbsup2

Hope you & baby bump are doing well! Really enjoying your blog so far.

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all having a good week - it's been sooo cold here, and has just started to snow again :rolleyes: lol

I've been working on this month's newsletter for DH's family.. and I also wanted to make a list of Disney/Pixar/other movies and tv shows that have attractions based on them or character meet & greets at the theme parks :goodvibes .. in case any of them want to watch some movies while we countdown to our trip! :cloud9: I don't think they've seen many Disney movies, particularly the older ones, so I thought this might be a good idea :goodvibes

So far I have...

Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Cinderella
Lilo & Stitch
Monsters Inc
Aladdin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Winnie the Pooh
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story
Pinocchio
Alice in Wonderland
Tinkerbell Movie
Lady & the Tramp
Swiss Family Robinson
Princess & the Frog
Tangled

Epcot
Finding Nemo
Mulan
Sleeping Beauty
Ratatouille
The Aristocats
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
Mary Poppins

Hollywood Studios
The Muppets
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
The Incredibles
Beauty & the Beast
Cars

Animal Kingdom
The Lion King
A Bug's Life
Up!
Dinosaur
Tarzan
The Jungle Book
Pocahontas

Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
The Simpsons
Men in Black
Terminator 2
Shrek
Despicable Me
The Mummy
Twister
E.T.
Beetlejuice
Madagascar
Spiderman
Harry Potter
Jurassic Park
The Incredible Hulk
Popeye

Can anyone think of anymore? Or other movies/shows that could be good to watch?

I was going to say Beauty & the Beast for Epcot but then I saw it under DHS. :) I know they have a stained glass window depicting Beauty & the Best somewhere in the France pavilion.

We got a dusting of snow here yesterday but so far, we've been pretty lucky! It's been a warm winter.

I was going to say Beauty & the Beast for Epcot but then I saw it under DHS. :) I know they have a stained glass window depicting Beauty & the Best somewhere in the France pavilion.

We got a dusting of snow here yesterday but so far, we've been pretty lucky! It's been a warm winter.

Thank you :goodvibes I will have to look out for that window in the France pavilion - DH's niece loves Belle so I think we'll have to meet her & the Beast while in Epcot! :cutie:

The snow last night was pretty bad here - DH had to shovel more of it so we could get to work this morning, and then my little car barely made it up the hill to the main road.. it was pretty scary! :eek: I'm already looking forward to spring lol

Hi everyone,

So... it's official...

We're going to Disney World!!!!" :cool1: :woohoo:

I booked our flights this evening :cloud9: - we had some Virgin Atlantic miles saved up so made use of the discounted 'miles plus money' offer they do.. saved us over £200 so pretty good!

Our flights for October are... Sunday 7th at 11.15am, arriving in Orlando at 15.25 .. and then home on the 19th at 19.25, landing the next day at 8.45am

So pleased to have the flights booked, even if it is 240 days away! :cutie:

Yay for purchasing your flights! I'm ready for Southwest to open their dates up through October so I can start planning our travels!! It always feels so official when we have the airfare booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter