snacks at food and wine festival

smidgy

dimples
I know I've asked this before, but the only response I've gotten was from LAST YEAR.
do the "tastes" at the epcot food and wine festival count as snack credits on the DDP? I know they did LAST year. does anyone know for sure if they still do this year? thanks!!!
have fun everyone!!!!:cool1:

I don't think anyone will know for sure until the start of the festival, but there are a whole lot of us counting on it.

Hopefully they will. But make sure the card reader at whatever stand you're trying to go to is working before you get in line. 20+ minutes in line at Mexico last year only to find out they couldn't accept the card with the credits on it because their reader was down. :guilty:

Let me ask a related question - last year could one use a snack credit to buy an alcoholic beverage (wine, beer, etc.) at the F&WF, or were they only good for food?

First, to the OP: The reason people are saying that LAST year you could use DDP snack credits for the Food & Wine Festival is that LAST year you could, but THIS year's Festival has not started yet so nobody knows for sure.

And, shazen: No, no part of the DDP can be applied to alcoholic beverages.

For those who were there last year, did you think it slowed the lines by taking the DDP?

Oh yes. The system in place was not functioning well at all for the DDP. Or I am guessing maybe cards in general :confused3 Although I am sure we used our debit card a few times with no issues I recall.
The system was slow, if it was even working, and then you have in the mix large groups ordering all at once, but paying on separate cards. Here, use this card. No use this card, but only two. No, no, use my card for three... :scared1:
The lines stopped to a halt if DDP guests were using their credits.
DH and I learned real fast to go in the line with the least number of DDP-ers or just move on if the line stopped from non functioning card reader systems.

The lines stopped to a halt if DDP guests were using their credits.
DH and I learned real fast to go in the line with the least number of DDP-ers

That's what I was afraid of! How did you pick out the DDP-ers in order to avoid them in line?! :lmao:

We would notice a longer than usual line and a number of people gathered with various cards in their hands. :rotfl: They were not hard to spot. :lmao:

And nothing against the DDP-ers. The system to read the cards was just troublesome and consistently bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter