Snacking/eating around the world

2mom

Earning My Ears
The family wants to not have a real lunch but instead snack at each country does the majority of countries have place to do this? I'm afraid they are thinking of the food and wine festival.

Here's something I posted a week back:

Norway, the Kringla bakery has really good sandwiches like an open faced salmon w/ egg, a veggie torte, roast beef & cheese sandwich. They also have some nice desserts and beer and wine to accompany! There's a nice outside, covered eating area!

France. Les Halles (Boulangerie/Patisserie) They have ham & cheese on baguettes, Nicoise and Lyonaise salads, and creme brulee, eclairs, Napoleons as well as wine beer etc. Crepe stand, the wine stand!

Germany-Pretzels, beer!

Italy- The stand that sells an Italian margarita, made with grappa and lemoncello liquor!

Great Britain, Yorkshire Fish & Chips, serves, you guessed it, fish and chips as well as beer & soda!

Morocco, Tangerine Cafe, We've eaten there since it opened, 20-30 years ago, Schwarma Platter, gosh it can feed 2. Cous-Cous salad, lentil, bread and lamb/chicken gyro meat! Yum Also a lovely little court yard to sit!

Mexico, Cantina de San Angel, has nachos, tacos, empanadas, margaritas, beers soda, churros!

We like to have a really late dinner at Epcot, so lunch is always QS w/ lots of snacking in between!

Honorable mention: China has a stand that sells pork eggrolls, these things are marvelous!

The best part, there's much more than what I've listed!

Have fun!

Each country has a counter-service restaurant that offers meals, snacks and desserts, and some countries have carts outside (egg rolls in china, crepes in france, for example).

We did almost exactly what you're describing during our trip a few weeks ago. It was one of the highlights of our trip! The only countries we missed were China and Japan. Some of our favorites were the school bread at the bakery in Norway, a soft pretzel in Germany, and creme brulee in France.

So yes, it's definitely possible!

I have done this and the only country I had difficulty with was the UK. If you're looking for a smaller snack than fish and chips, your only choice is packed shortbread cookies. I suppose you could by some Cadbury chocolate or something from the shops but we were trying to stick with non-store food.

The family wants to not have a real lunch but instead snack at each country does the majority of countries have place to do this? I'm afraid they are thinking of the food and wine festival.

As the PPs have mentioned, each country has a CS locations where you can get something to eat. Most of those places are geared towards providing a meal, so the portions are normal sized. With the F&W, you get tasting, so you would need several to make up a meal for one person. The closest you can do is order something a CS location and share it among multiple people. It's a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter