Snack for QS sub at BoG?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by CarrieR, Aug 10, 2017.

1. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

Have preordered BoG lunch this weekend. Does anyone know if it's possible to do two snacks (soups) for a QS credit here? (I can add a cupcake if it needs to be 3 snacks.) If not, I can change it... but the only thing I can eat is the quinoa and that doesn't really appeal to me (and I love the French Onion soup.)

Hoping someone has tried the snack-for-QS sub here - either successful or unsuccessful - and can share. Thanks!

2. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

I don't think anyone has tried to do this at BoG.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

Hm. Thanks! I might try it and just use snack credits if it doesn't work. I'll report back.

sharonabe and jsmla like this.
  5. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

I wouldn't count on it. This sub is well known to not be available at many locations.

6. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

BOG was first to stop the subbing drink for something else, so I wouldn't count on it. I used snack credits on the soup.

7. JayDubs

JayDubs Starting to Drink the Star Wars Kool Aid...

@CarrieR : I'm hoping to do this same thing next week! Let us know if it works for you this weekend!

JayDubs

8. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

Did it - not an issue. I preordered; asked CM if I was able to sub 2 snacks for my QS credit. She said, "Yeah! It's actually 3 snacks!" I ended up adding a cupcake. When she rang it out, somehow only my French Onion soup (and cupcake) ended up on the order... when it arrived at the table I just let the food runner know and they went back to get the second soup for me.

(In the cashier's defense, we had a weird allergy issue with one of the other party members that distracted her/muddied up the works... and the restaurant fixed it with NO hassle.)

YMMV, of course, but I hope that helps someone!

vinotinto and JayDubs like this.
  9. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Was this THIS year or last year? Last year, there was no problem for most of the year, but things changed completely in 2017.

10. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

It sounds like, by OP's post it was just this past weekend. Thanks L.P. for coming back and telling us how it went. It's always greatly appreciated to have actual first hand experience.

CarrieR likes this.
  11. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

It was today (8/12/17), a little after noon.

Shrfleen, vinotinto and sharonabe like this.