Snack Credit for BOG Cupcake?

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
Hi - does anyone know if you can use a snack credit for the gray stuff cupcake at BOG?

yes, you can, I did it several times last week. if you preorder on the DP they will generally split it into two orders and make the cupcake a separate one once you get to the registers

Just be aware that they don't always know how to do it. I tried to do that last year and after talking to 3 CMs, they all insisted that the only way to do it was for me to pay cash for the cupcakes. Those were the last 3 snack credits we planned to use before leaving at the end of our trip so they went to waste (and they also lost our food order). People here said they absolutely can split the order to do it but you might have to stick to your guns. I don't know why it's such a problem. It would seem obvious that people would want to do that.

Just be aware that they don't always know how to do it. I tried to do that last year and after talking to 3 CMs, they all insisted that the only way to do it was for me to pay cash for the cupcakes. Those were the last 3 snack credits we planned to use before leaving at the end of our trip so they went to waste (and they also lost our food order). People here said they absolutely can split the order to do it but you might have to stick to your guns. I don't know why it's such a problem. It would seem obvious that people would want to do that.

Thank you for the heads up! :)

That stinks that that happened to you guys. They had trouble with ours this January and said that it was the new Dining Plan switch-over causing the problems. Clearly, that was not true if this has been happening since at least last year. Three CMs and a manager later, they supposedly had our order figured out. However, upon check out at our resort, we learned they had actually charged us cash for the cupcakes as well as deducted credits from the dining plan. Thankfully our resort CM and her manager took care of that issue for us, but had we just left using express check out, we would have had to try to figure this out via phone. I imagine that would have been much more difficult, and we would have just let it go.

Soooo, yes, cupcakes should qualify as snack credits at BOG, but for some reason those transactions have caused some of us problems. Still, I will continue to figure out a way to get the Master's cupcake! We just might pay cash next time to avoid the hassle and wasted time.

Be aware that you can only use the snack credit for a cupcake at breakfast and lunch. You cannot use a snack credit to get a cupcake for dinner, since BoG is a TS restaurant at that time, and TS restaurants do not accept snack credits.

That stinks that that happened to you guys. They had trouble with ours this January and said that it was the new Dining Plan switch-over causing the problems. Clearly, that was not true if this has been happening since at least last year. Three CMs and a manager later, they supposedly had our order figured out. However, upon check out at our resort, we learned they had actually charged us cash for the cupcakes as well as deducted credits from the dining plan. Thankfully our resort CM and her manager took care of that issue for us, but had we just left using express check out, we would have had to try to figure this out via phone. I imagine that would have been much more difficult, and we would have just let it go.

Soooo, yes, cupcakes should qualify as snack credits at BOG, but for some reason those transactions have caused some of us problems. Still, I will continue to figure out a way to get the Master's cupcake! We just might pay cash next time to avoid the hassle and wasted time.

Our issue was before the change to the DDP. DH and I were able to get cupcakes as our dessert but the kids meals didn't have that option so we wanted to use snack credits for them. I had hoped with the change over this year it would be better because I would think a lot of people would want to do it now. I wonder if it's better to not to put the cupcakes on pre order and add them on as separate snack orders when you get to the cash register? Does anyone have experience doing that?

Our issue was before the change to the DDP. DH and I were able to get cupcakes as our dessert but the kids meals didn't have that option so we wanted to use snack credits for them. I had hoped with the change over this year it would be better because I would think a lot of people would want to do it now. I wonder if it's better to not to put the cupcakes on pre order and add them on as separate snack orders when you get to the cash register? Does anyone have experience doing that?

Yes, you can do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter