Smuggler’s Run - can we ask not to be pilots?

Twilghtsprkle

Mouseketeer
Ok, last trip we went on Smuggler’s Run and my younger daughter and husband were pilots (me and the other daughter were gunners). My older daughter and I can get motion sickness but we were fine as gunners. My younger daughter and husband usually don’t get motion sickness, but did get it after being pilots. So can we ask to have no one in the party be pilots this time?

We rode twice last visit in May, first time both as pilots, second time my wife asked to be gunner and I was the lone pilot. I did the left-right moves and the ride reacted with all movements, as if someone was doing the up-down part.
I believe the cast members can "pre program" the ride to plan for empty seats, if that makes sense? (This was when we were the only two on the ride)

Ok, last trip we went on Smuggler’s Run and my younger daughter and husband were pilots (me and the other daughter were gunners). My older daughter and I can get motion sickness but we were fine as gunners. My younger daughter and husband usually don’t get motion sickness, but did get it after being pilots. So can we ask to have no one in the party be pilots this time?
Assuming that role assignments are made in future as they used to, I don’t see why you couldn’t ask not to be pilots - you’d probably make someone else very happy if you did!

We were there in early June. It was just my son and myself and the CM asked us which part we wanted (he was pilot, I was gunner) my daughter ended up by herself and was engineer, my husband was a pilot also by himself. so as long as they're seating parties by themselves yes you can request to be certain parts.

I heard single riders almost never get the pilot role though. So it could be option to go through the single rider line and ride that way.

I heard single riders almost never get the pilot role though. So it could be option to go through the single rider line and ride that way.
My kids (while old enough to ride themselve) would not want to be broken up from us.

As for the ride, we went through the line and asked not to be pilots. Someone from single rider ended up happy. No one in my family ended up with motion sickness.

I think for sure you can ask! I went with my family this last week in Disneyland, and they were super accommodating. I have honestly seen them let people ask from single rider, and would assume most riders would be willing to switch, as pilot seems to be coveted. Hope this helps!

We have been able to trade positions several times. It all depends on your group of people in your pod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!