Smoking policies...

scrapperjill

DIS Veteran
Who knows what they are on the Magic? I know a while back I had heard that Rock-n-bar D was now non-smoking ALL the time...as are alot of the other indoor clubs and places. I was happy to see the changes they made...but I'm wondering if they kept the changes or if it was only for a short time.

that's the way it was on the repo cruise 4 weeks ago

On the Disney Magic, indoor smoking is allowed in designated smoking sections in:
  • Sessions, at all times
  • Diversions, except during scheduled family events before 9:00 p.m.

There is no other indoor smoking on the ship, as far as I know.

The Walt Disney Theatre, the Buena Vista Theatre, Rockin' Bar D, the Promenade Lounge, the Cove Café, the Atrium Lobby, all hallways, all staterooms, and all dining rooms are all non-smoking.

Please correct me if there's an indoor smoking area that I'm not aware of.

Are there any outdoor deck or pool areas that are non-smoking?

the outside decks are definitely no smoking while the ship is undergoing refueling - normally only when it's in Port Canaveral (but on the repo that also applied the night before we entered the Panama Canal).

karylrocks said:
Are there any outdoor deck or pool areas that are non-smoking?

The outside seating at Topsiders & the area around the Mickey Pool are non smoking & the CMs WILL enforce it. Pretty much from the Goofy pool forward is smoking, aft is nonsmoking.

lbgraves said:
The outside seating at Topsiders & the area around the Mickey Pool are non smoking & the CMs WILL enforce it. Pretty much from the Goofy pool forward is smoking, aft is nonsmoking.

Correct ... also all of deck 4 (but most smokers will hang out around the ash trays, just outside each of the doors leading outside from the forward, midship, and aft lift areas) and all of 10 is smoking, and the "sectret" deck 7 aft is smoking.

The even-more-secret outside deck 8 aft area is smoking, too.
Now that Diversions is non-smoking before 9 p.m., I definitely spend more $$$ on alcohol because I love to hang out there. Check out the martini flight!
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter