>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ (new) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CounselorX

CounselorX DIS Veteran

I love the benches facing the lake. I start and end each day there.

goopysolelady likes this.
  2. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

Trying DESPERATELY to avoid hate mail.... :(.

All of the following is purely personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong....

From about 2011 to present, the number of designated Smoking Locations within the MK have been reduced from 7 to 2. Currently, the only two remaining locations are at the fringes of the MK. The current situation is radically different from the other parks.

SEVERAL of the eliminated smoking locations make complete sense, due to non smoking crowd proximity. The one by Cinderella's Castle was a classic: really BAD location.

However - my personal belief is one of inclusion, when inclusion works, and can be used to avoid increased disobedience. The MK needs a close to center of park designated smoking location. And I believe there are TWO perfect locations for this:

Just inside the NORTH and SOUTH Main Street bypass entrances

Both locations are generally unused during daylight hours. They are removed from the general public. They sit idle most of the time. BOTH are very close to former designated smoking locations. They are removed, available, and would work well.

So -please consider this a plea for support.... for myself? I have already suggested this concept to Disney Guest Communications(EMAIL: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com). I would ask that others who agree also contact them. I will point out that human nature, being what it is? It's only a matter of time when ANY group of people, ostracized, begin to engage in disobedience. This is NEVER a good outcome for either the afflicted, or innocent parties. Far better to create a controlled situation than an uncontrolled situation.....

Again, all of this is personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong....

goopysolelady and CounselorX like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. Leelo

Leelo Never grow up. It's a trap!

I understand that it can be frustrating for smokers to find designated places to smoke. I am extremely grateful for such places because my sister and I have both have allergies to chemicals in cigarettes and we also have asthma. We can now avoid the smoking areas so as not to induce health issues. Thank you for posting the maps so I know where they are!

squirrel and sunset7132 like this.
  5. CounselorX

CounselorX DIS Veteran

Just a heads up to anyone that will be there soon - The smoking area on the path between Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land is completely infested with mosquitoes. I used the area 2 different nights at Magic Kingdom and got about 30 welts on my arms, hands, legs and back. So, the only 2 options are to be forced in a mosquito-infested area or walk to the complete other side of the park by Thunder Mountain.

Dean Marino likes this.
  6. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

An option in these times.... taken from https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Policies-and-Restrictions.aspx

"There are currently 11 smoking areas at Universal's Islands of Adventure® and 8 at Universal Studios® for our guest's convenience. All other areas outside of these designated smoking areas are smoke free."

Having made this trip - a cab ride from any DVC location to Universal is NOT an economic killer.

Simply posting this so that others may be aware of their options..... No politics, I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong.

7. yaksack

yaksack DIS Veteran

Can you buy tobacco products anywear on WDW property?

I remember there use to be a tabacco shop on main street.

8. Disneylovingdad

Disneylovingdad Mouseketeer

Yes all of the resort gift shops have a limited selection. They are under the counter usually at the registers that have the alcohol behind them for sale. They are expensive I've heard. They have some major brands but I've never bought them there. A better bet is to hit the Hess stations on or around the property. Much cheaper and a full selection.

9. yaksack

yaksack DIS Veteran

What about chewing tobacco?

Dean Marino likes this.
  10. Disneylovingdad

Disneylovingdad Mouseketeer

That I couldn't answer as I don't chew, sorry. I know they have it at the gas station though.

11. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

I can not find any WDW ban on the use of Chewing tobacco anywhere in parks, or resorts. And must add - if WDW had a bit of a maintenance issue with "Butts" or ash? They are going to LOVE this one. Think 2000 "authorized spitoons" :).

12. disneykelly

disneykelly Everquest/Disney addict

Honestly, you are probably better off bringing enough with you. If you have a car, or uber or taxi, you can go to the Speedway across the street from the left entry to Disney Springs at 1475 Buena Vista Dr.

13. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

How do I find the DSA at the resorts and parks? I have tried clicking on the DSA on the Disneyworld site but I get nothing.

I haven't been to the parks in a long time and it looks like all the DSA have changed. Also considering staying at ASMo since I had so many problems at Pop the last time.

14. Disney_traveler

Disney_traveler DIS Veteran

When I am in My Disney Experience and go to THINGS TO DO>>>GUEST SERVICES>>>pick a location>>>DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS and then either click find on map or the icon that looks like a locator it will show you were.

Dean Marino likes this.
  15. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

Thanks, I wasn't signed in not sure if that's why I got nowhere.

16. Stefecatzz

Stefecatzz "If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."

At ASMo, it looks like the one just past Cinema Hall going into the Toy Story section has been removed. So, the nearest one to the Toy Story section would either be between Love Bug building 7 & Fantasia building 8 (the one mentioned between 6 & 5 is not on the map) or the one on the other end of Cinema Hall going toward 101 Dalmatians.

17. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

WL - new Designated Smoking Location shows next to the "Water Tower" at Geyser Point. This makes sense.... they will need TWO for the South, and North Cabin locations.

goopysolelady likes this.
  18. Marshel

Marshel Mouseketeer

Fort Wilderness is actually the one resort that is still smoker friendly; you have to use the DSAs in the public areas, but you can smoke at your campsite or outside the cabins:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
    Smoking is permitted at campsites, on cabin porches and in designated outdoor smoking locations. Smoking is not permitted inside cabins.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/

goopysolelady and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  19. Grmnshplvr

Grmnshplvr DIS Veteran

can you smoke at the bus stops at any of the parks?

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No.

Grmnshplvr likes this.
  21. BJ7644

BJ7644 Mouseketeer

The parks do all have a DSA outside the entrance though. Now none are close enough to be able to watch for the bus or anything, but they are usually somewhere in the general area between bus and entrance, except at Magic Kingdom.