>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

Just spent 9 days on property at POP. Had a cigar or 3 each day, at the hotel at night, no one seemed to mind, we sat out on a bench overlooking the lake. A few nights just strolling around the outskirts of the buildings. If it was daytime I used the smoking area by the 60's pool. Never had any issues, just be respectful of others and you'll usually be fine.

I love the benches facing the lake. I start and end each day there.

Trying DESPERATELY to avoid hate mail.... :(.

All of the following is purely personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong....

From about 2011 to present, the number of designated Smoking Locations within the MK have been reduced from 7 to 2. Currently, the only two remaining locations are at the fringes of the MK. The current situation is radically different from the other parks.

SEVERAL of the eliminated smoking locations make complete sense, due to non smoking crowd proximity. The one by Cinderella's Castle was a classic: really BAD location.

However - my personal belief is one of inclusion, when inclusion works, and can be used to avoid increased disobedience. The MK needs a close to center of park designated smoking location. And I believe there are TWO perfect locations for this:

Just inside the NORTH and SOUTH Main Street bypass entrances

Both locations are generally unused during daylight hours. They are removed from the general public. They sit idle most of the time. BOTH are very close to former designated smoking locations. They are removed, available, and would work well.

So -please consider this a plea for support.... for myself? I have already suggested this concept to Disney Guest Communications(EMAIL: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com). I would ask that others who agree also contact them. I will point out that human nature, being what it is? It's only a matter of time when ANY group of people, ostracized, begin to engage in disobedience. This is NEVER a good outcome for either the afflicted, or innocent parties. Far better to create a controlled situation than an uncontrolled situation.....

Again, all of this is personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong....

I understand that it can be frustrating for smokers to find designated places to smoke. I am extremely grateful for such places because my sister and I have both have allergies to chemicals in cigarettes and we also have asthma. We can now avoid the smoking areas so as not to induce health issues. Thank you for posting the maps so I know where they are!

Just a heads up to anyone that will be there soon - The smoking area on the path between Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land is completely infested with mosquitoes. I used the area 2 different nights at Magic Kingdom and got about 30 welts on my arms, hands, legs and back. So, the only 2 options are to be forced in a mosquito-infested area or walk to the complete other side of the park by Thunder Mountain.

An option in these times.... taken from https://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Policies-and-Restrictions.aspx

"There are currently 11 smoking areas at Universal's Islands of Adventure® and 8 at Universal Studios® for our guest's convenience. All other areas outside of these designated smoking areas are smoke free."

Having made this trip - a cab ride from any DVC location to Universal is NOT an economic killer.

Simply posting this so that others may be aware of their options..... No politics, I'm not necessarily right, no one else is wrong.

Can you buy tobacco products anywear on WDW property?

I remember there use to be a tabacco shop on main street.

Can you buy tobacco products anywear on WDW property?

I remember there use to be a tabacco shop on main street.

Yes all of the resort gift shops have a limited selection. They are under the counter usually at the registers that have the alcohol behind them for sale. They are expensive I've heard. They have some major brands but I've never bought them there. A better bet is to hit the Hess stations on or around the property. Much cheaper and a full selection.

What about chewing tobacco?

I can not find any WDW ban on the use of Chewing tobacco anywhere in parks, or resorts. And must add - if WDW had a bit of a maintenance issue with "Butts" or ash? They are going to LOVE this one. Think 2000 "authorized spitoons" :).

What about chewing tobacco?
Honestly, you are probably better off bringing enough with you. If you have a car, or uber or taxi, you can go to the Speedway across the street from the left entry to Disney Springs at 1475 Buena Vista Dr.

How do I find the DSA at the resorts and parks? I have tried clicking on the DSA on the Disneyworld site but I get nothing.

I haven't been to the parks in a long time and it looks like all the DSA have changed. Also considering staying at ASMo since I had so many problems at Pop the last time.

How do I find the DSA at the resorts and parks? I have tried clicking on the DSA on the Disneyworld site but I get nothing.

I haven't been to the parks in a long time and it looks like all the DSA have changed. Also considering staying at ASMo since I had so many problems at Pop the last time.

When I am in My Disney Experience and go to THINGS TO DO>>>GUEST SERVICES>>>pick a location>>>DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS and then either click find on map or the icon that looks like a locator it will show you were.

When I am in My Disney Experience and go to THINGS TO DO>>>GUEST SERVICES>>>pick a location>>>DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS and then either click find on map or the icon that looks like a locator it will show you were.
Thanks, I wasn't signed in not sure if that's why I got nowhere.

I was at ASMvs last Sept staying in the Love Bug section. The main DSA is on the right when you come out of Cinema Hall and are facing the pool. There were two picnic tables and a smoking bins so it was not hard to miss. I happened across another one between Love Bug building 6 and Fantasia building 5.

At ASMo, it looks like the one just past Cinema Hall going into the Toy Story section has been removed. So, the nearest one to the Toy Story section would either be between Love Bug building 7 & Fantasia building 8 (the one mentioned between 6 & 5 is not on the map) or the one on the other end of Cinema Hall going toward 101 Dalmatians.

WL - new Designated Smoking Location shows next to the "Water Tower" at Geyser Point. This makes sense.... they will need TWO for the South, and North Cabin locations.

Fort Wilderness is actually the one resort that is still smoker friendly; you have to use the DSAs in the public areas, but you can smoke at your campsite or outside the cabins:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Smoking is permitted at campsites, on cabin porches and in designated outdoor smoking locations. Smoking is not permitted inside cabins.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/

The parks do all have a DSA outside the entrance though. Now none are close enough to be able to watch for the bus or anything, but they are usually somewhere in the general area between bus and entrance, except at Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!