Smith’s Food & Drug stop accepting Visa credit cards

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Part of the Kroger-Visa drama. FoodsCo CA stopped accepting Visa credit cards a while back and Smith’s nationally are next apparently. Doesn’t say when this starts.

I'm so sad about this. I rack up a lot of points on our Disney Visa there and get fuel points from Smith's by buying credit cards for everywhere we shop. What's a good alternative card to get points at grocery stores? Anyone know?

I'm so sad about this. I rack up a lot of points on our Disney Visa there and get fuel points from Smith's by buying credit cards for everywhere we shop. What's a good alternative card to get points at grocery stores? Anyone know?
Come check us out in the i love credit cards thread! There's an Amex that offers 6% back at grocery stores but comes with a $95 annual fee- since you're already knowledgeable about buying gift cards at the grocery store you can definitely make up more than enough to cover the annual fee and at the end of a year you'll probably save more than you would have the old way you were doing it. Especially with a new card sign-up bonus! There's also a no fee 3% option I think. Seriously, come ask folks here . And no, you don't have to read the whole thread so don't be intimidated by the size. Folks are very helpful no matter what your questions, just pop into the end and drop a post :) (I hesitate to say exactly what way you should go because I don't have personal experience with the grocery focused Amex cards but I know people there do!)

The Amex Blue Cash Preferred earns 6% back at grocery stores but does come with a $95 annual fee. The Amex Blue Cash Everyday earns 3% back at grocery stores and is a no annual fee card. Both earn better than the Disney Visa.

Agree with @gottalovepluto! Visit the credit card thread for more info :)

Come check us out in the i love credit cards thread! There's an Amex that offers 6% back at grocery stores but comes with a $95 annual fee- since you're already knowledgeable about buying gift cards at the grocery store you can definitely make up more than enough to cover the annual fee and at the end of a year you'll probably save more than you would have the old way you were doing it. Especially with a new card sign-up bonus! There's also a no fee 3% option I think. Seriously, come ask folks here . And no, you don't have to read the whole thread so don't be intimidated by the size. Folks are very helpful no matter what your questions, just pop into the end and drop a post :) (I hesitate to say exactly what way you should go because I don't have personal experience with the grocery focused Amex cards but I know people there do!)

Thanks! I will check it out. Yeah, that thread's size scared me! hahaha.

The credit cards bonuses will come to end sooner or later but until they do I will fully take advantage. I never have or use cash anymore.

How are people paying for their groceries? Not very many people carry cash anymore.

How are people paying for their groceries? Not very many people carry cash anymore.
They will still accept Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Just Visa is out. FoodsCo started this last year, best I can tell it's caused no impact on store traffic. (I do almost all my grocery shopping there.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter