Small world vacations

lovedvc said:
I just received this months mouse savers email and it mentions small world vacations. They are offering up to $1000 OBC for DCL 2013. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used their services and if you were pleased.

Amanda with Small World has been amazing with booking our cruise. And about 3 months later we decided to add 2 days in the park. It's been a great experience!

We have used Jo twice. She's okay. Great OBC and got an in room gift on the second cruise. Using her for the third one this August, too.

We've used Small World for our cruises, great experiences with them.

This last cruise, we had a small snafu since we booked a military rate when only a military dependent would be sailing (before they changed the rule), and when we found out about it even though we were long past the PIF date, my agent offered to make it right by absorbing the cost if we decided to cancel the cruise altogether. It turned out we just had the military service person join us, and had a great time, but I really appreciated the way she stepped up and was able to offer several solutions to our problem!

What is the rule for this now? Just in case DH can't go for some reason- would I not be able to book the military rate?

TIA.....

*Flower* said:
What is the rule for this now? Just in case DH can't go for some reason- would I not be able to book the military rate?

TIA.....

They changed the rule earlier this month so now military dependents are eligible for the discount w out the service person having to sail.

Thanks so much! You've made us both really happy- DH always says that I qualify for it even more than he does because he thinks that I worked harder for it....

I only had one dealing with them back in 05. We were planning our 1st DCL cruise for 2007. In those days with only 2 ships, prices would climb by the end of the 1st day of date release, some sailings would sell out by the end of the 1st day.
Anyway, I knew my kids would have several days off in early Nov but the few previous years it varied which week it would be. So being a naive newbie, I asked if I could book both weeks then cancel one once we got the school schedule.
You would have thought I asked her to fry up newborns for dinner.:rolleyes1 She yelled at me that no way could they ever do that & how I'd be hogging up a spot I had no intention of sailing, (even though I'd still be cancelling 15 mos prior to the cruise and DCL would still be holding onto my $$ all that time too.)
Now I laugh when I think back to that time. I could've easily booked the way I needed online without being scolded like a child. My current TA would have no problem doing whatever I ask her, as long as it doesn't break any DCL rules.

I booked my upcoming cruise thru Small World Vacations, and I am pleased with my agent. She looked out for my budget constraints :teacher: (since I am a single mamma trying to make something outta nothing) :laundy: . She was able to get me a good amount of OBC, as well as a price adjustment when she saw it would help me. Will definitely use Mary in the future!:cheer2:

Agree! We have taken 5 (soon to be 7) cruises through Tanya, and she is great.

We booked with Tanya as well, have been pleased so far. I was under the impression I would receive $100 OBC, while my in-laws had $50 OBC. I just checked with DCL (we leave next week), and they said our OBC was $150, while my in-laws had $125!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter